Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Random question, was there anything new added today at DTD? I saw people posting long lines for Simba lot. Seems odd for a Monday 🤔

That's an interesting way to state this information because on the Disneyland website it says right out that tickets ARE going on sale March 4 for everyone.
But apparently they will be announcing the time/announcing they’re on sale via the FB page (probably other ways, too).

Can’t wait to see the depths of the system crash when that happens. 😬

It’s a little busy here tonight. They were quitting a 30 min wait to enter from Simba. I parked at Gardenwalk and had no wait to enter on harbor.

It’s a little busy here tonight. They were quitting a 30 min wait to enter from Simba. I parked at Gardenwalk and had no wait to enter on harbor.
My daughter and I are planning to go at opening on Friday, and I’m a little nervous because we’ve only gone at fairly empty times previously. Might need to try the Gardenwalk...

I visited DTD today for the first time in about three weeks. At the Star Wars Trading Post, I asked a CM if I could have an AP magnet without buying anything. She explained, rather sternly, that a purchase was required in order to receive said magnet. But then a twinkle sparked in her eye, she said she’d see what she could do and went behind the counter. Moments later she emerged and handed me one of the coveted magnets. Kindness always makes me happy and today was no exception. The magnet was inconsequential. But the fact that the CM made a special effort to help and be kind went a long way today... especially considering these challenging times with few if any opportunities to perform or receive random acts of kindness :-).
0731C0D8-6188-4AE0-B16E-2B16C59601A4.jpeg

Last edited:
I visited DTD today for the first time in about three weeks. At the Star Wars Trading Post, I asked a CM if I could have an AP magnet without buying anything. She explained, rather sternly, that a purchase was required in order to receive said magnet. But then a twinkle sparked in her eye and she said she’d see what she could do. She went behind the counter and moments later emerged. She then handed me one of the coveted magnets. Kindness always makes me happy and today was no exception. The magnet was inconsequential. But the fact that the CM nad ea special effort to help and be kind to me went a long way for me today... especially considering these challenging times with few if any opportunities to commit or benefit from random acts of kindness :-).
View attachment 559227
You are right that kindness does go a long way, especially these days! Richard Sherman often says that Walt's favorite song was "Feed the Birds" because it reminded him how it costs so little to be kind... just "tuppence a bag."

I went again today for some late lunch at Earl of Sandwich. Love that place. :) I sit in the seating in front of the old AMC. Just listening to the music and getting some Disney feels. I don't really go in stores. Just walk around. I do feel like going into DCA is a bit anti climatic with no rides, tho. But still glad it's there. I don't always go in to DCA154152397_10158142126034385_670280458656791897_o.jpg.

Beef Mac & Cheese. Yum.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter