Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

Does anyone know if you are waiting in the virtual queue for the Star Wars trading post and you get your text do you have to go over right away or can you go after you’re done doing whatever you are doing?

Does anyone know if you are waiting in the virtual queue for the Star Wars trading post and you get your text do you have to go over right away or can you go after you’re done doing whatever you are doing?
You have an hour to return for any virtual queue once you are called.

Is buena vista street open on non taste of Disney days? Wouldn’t mind a mid week trip.
I have been told it will not be open on Tues/Wed.

This has been my understanding too. Today is the official last day BVS is open as an extension of DTD:

The Downtown Disney District, and Buena Vista Street, are open with select retail and dining locations. Buena Vista Street remains open for guests through March 14, 2021, and will close March 15, 2021 to prepare for the upcoming A Touch of Disney experience.

I can never remember where I've mentioned things, but I speculated somewhere that the esplanade might become closed off from DTD. I meant this in relation to the parks opening, but I have figured ToD would give us some insight what to expect for capacity management between DTD and DL/DCA. We already knew the fine print said those going to ToD may have to wait to access DTD if capacity there is reached.

Well, looks like esplanade is no longer part of the DTD wandering space:
https://insidethemagic.net/2021/03/disneyland-esplanade-ba1/

Looks like they did what I suggested yesterday:
Totally spitballing:

If they put up barriers on the walkways from the tramway to DTD, and on the east side of the water fountain at La Brea Bakery - with an access point there - they could pretty easily restrict the traffic between DTD and DCA. It could be open as long as DTD has capacity, then queued up once that's exceeded.
I feel a little better about some of my predictions now, lol.

Looks like they did what I suggested yesterday:

I feel a little better about some of my predictions now, lol.

It's the only thing that really makes sense no matter how I look at it. Can't have a free for all lol. And Disney is going to want to maximize people shopping even if they can't be in the parks. And you really don't want DTD crowds taking up space between the parks.

As long as I don't have to go through security again to get to DTD, I'm good with this as a possible solution. I've become too accustomed to it all being the same security bubble :rotfl:

So how does that work with the harbor entrance? Is that closed now?
From what I've seen online, it's unclear. The bloggers said there was a roped-off path across the north edge of the esplanade from Harbor to DTD. If Disney's trying to silo ToD guests from DTD guests, there would have to be a cross-over point, maybe near the new barricade. (The videos show a clear DTD exit point through the barricade, but it looks like there might be an entrance point closer to the tramway.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter