Get in Shape & Lose Weight for August 2014 Group

Wondering how everyone's doing. We just went through a very cold few weeks. I usually try to make it through the holidays, then realize I have several birthdays including my DDs to get through. DD turns 18 tomorrow! And the Packers have been winning, so extended packer party season.

Anyway, I always seem to start feeling better once the sun stays up longer. The sun is now still up as I drive home, and that has made a big difference in the way I feel. It was a balmy 34 F tonight, so DH and I took our dog for a walk. I've also started some upper and lower body and core work. Nothing fancy, just things like arm curls and squats. But I'm feeling a little better already.

Next week I start a fitness challenge at work. It's 3 hours of any exercise each week for 6 weeks. I figure it may help me stay on track and get started again.

Would love to hear how everyone's doing. Hope everyone's having a good start to 2015!

Happy New Year! Looks like you are off to a good start. I agree longer sun up makes a world of difference in overall quality of life.

I am pregnant! Due August. Excited but very sick. Also kind of sad we probably won't get back to WDW until Summer 2016 if we are lucky. I've been stalking the boards a lot this week!!!!

Happy New Year! Looks like you are off to a good start. I agree longer sun up makes a world of difference in overall quality of life. I am pregnant! Due August. Excited but very sick. Also kind of sad we probably won't get back to WDW until Summer 2016 if we are lucky. I've been stalking the boards a lot this week!!!!

Congrats!! DS was born in August; it's a good month.

We're probably not going until summer 2016 either. My DD graduates then so probably June. It'll be my first trip during that month. We serious thought if August, but I'm worried she'll have college stuff she has to do at that time. Plus June feels more like it goes with graduation :)

My DDs birthday party was yesterday and there's a Packer Party today, so I'll try and get a workout in before and be relatively good today. That's the end of the Oct-Jan parties for our family and forward to getting back to it. I wasn't going to weigh myself, but did yesterday. Up 8 lbs just into 190s again, so it's time...

Congrats again!

Congrats!! DS was born in August; it's a good month. We're probably not going until summer 2016 either. My DD graduates then so probably June. It'll be my first trip during that month. We serious thought if August, but I'm worried she'll have college stuff she has to do at that time. Plus June feels more like it goes with graduation :) My DDs birthday party was yesterday and there's a Packer Party today, so I'll try and get a workout in before and be relatively good today. That's the end of the Oct-Jan parties for our family and forward to getting back to it. I wasn't going to weigh myself, but did yesterday. Up 8 lbs just into 190s again, so it's time... Congrats again!

Thank you! I know you'll be back at it!

Wondering how everyone's doing. We just went through a very cold few weeks. I usually try to make it through the holidays, then realize I have several birthdays including my DDs to get through. DD turns 18 tomorrow! And the Packers have been winning, so extended packer party season.

Anyway, I always seem to start feeling better once the sun stays up longer. The sun is now still up as I drive home, and that has made a big difference in the way I feel. It was a balmy 34 F tonight, so DH and I took our dog for a walk. I've also started some upper and lower body and core work. Nothing fancy, just things like arm curls and squats. But I'm feeling a little better already.

Next week I start a fitness challenge at work. It's 3 hours of any exercise each week for 6 weeks. I figure it may help me stay on track and get started again.

Would love to hear how everyone's doing. Hope everyone's having a good start to 2015!

I'm still chugging along. Did something to my left hip back in September and have been trying different ways of running and stretching to get rid of the annoying pain from whatever it is. Some days it's good and others, not so much. Bought myself a new pair of sneakers a couple of weeks ago and my DH bought me a new treadmill for Christmas so I'm raring to go. My run times have slowed since I brought it inside so I need to work on getting faster. Trying to decide if I want to do a 1 mile race in a few weeks during our town's winter carnival. Don't have to decide till race day so we shall see. Could be fun or it could suck!

Happy New Year! Looks like you are off to a good start. I agree longer sun up makes a world of difference in overall quality of life.

I am pregnant! Due August. Excited but very sick. Also kind of sad we probably won't get back to WDW until Summer 2016 if we are lucky. I've been stalking the boards a lot this week!!!!

Congratulations!

My husband and I have no idea when we will be back to WDW but we know it will be a just us trip. We loved our trip together back in early Oct of 2013 and would really like to do that again. Looking at a late Oct/Nov type of trip. We've also been talking about a trip to Disneyland some time. We can not decide if we want to fly there or do a cross country driving trip so that we can make stops along the way. Another decision would be to bring the boys or not. Now that they are 17 and 14 they just don't care about going places with mom and dad. The 14yr old is usually "whatever" and the 17yr old has way too much stuff going on that he doesn't want to leave it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter