Get in Shape & Lose Weight for August 2014 Group

I did some workouts last week, but only a couple in the morning. Also a few in the evening. Morning was more active stretching; evening was some weights for arms, sit ups, leg work... I also did a couple walks that were around a mile, but nothing real brisk. I didn't lose or gain weight.

I think I'll do better when I clear up these freelance jobs. Even though I'm doing some activity, I'm also sitting a lot at the computer right now. My knee is starting to bother me again, too. Boo!

My goals this week:
1-work out morning 10-15 active stretching/moving
2-fit in a couple if 5-10 minute walks during the work day
3- 2 nights actual 30 minutes aerobics
4-3 nights strengthening workout

Let's see how that goes :)

Have a good week!

I did some workouts last week, but only a couple in the morning. Also a few in the evening. Morning was more active stretching; evening was some weights for arms, sit ups, leg work... I also did a couple walks that were around a mile, but nothing real brisk. I didn't lose or gain weight. I think I'll do better when I clear up these freelance jobs. Even though I'm doing some activity, I'm also sitting a lot at the computer right now. My knee is starting to bother me again, too. Boo! My goals this week: 1-work out morning 10-15 active stretching/moving 2-fit in a couple if 5-10 minute walks during the work day 3- 2 nights actual 30 minutes aerobics 4-3 nights strengthening workout Let's see how that goes :) Have a good week!

Something is always better then nothing. :)

I am feeling so much better then I was last week so I'm finally getting back into a routine. Rolled out of bed at 4:45a and hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. I've been dreading bringing my run inside but I just can't get myself to go out after dinner. I guess I'm a morning exercise person.

I did one workout last week for 40 mins and felt good but paid for it the next day and continue too:sad2:

I have been reading more about my situtation and everything I do just aggervates my whole left side which is why I keep taking more steps back instead of forward. . I think that swimming is what is left for me so I am going to go to our town hall and find out how much a pool pass is and hope to go at least 2 a week. my biggest concern for this is I am very slow swimmer and like to be next to the wall so if there are many ppl I get to swim in the waves the others are creating... I think I will go and watch first to see how many others go and try to pick a quiet time.

I need to get to the gym in the mornings too. I did go out at about 4:30 this afternoon for a 2.6 mile run/walk, but then came home and ate a lot.
My shins were killing me. And a few of my toes have this weird numbness type feeling?

Hoping to get up Thursday morning for the gym. Keep telling myself I just have to break through the not wanting to get up so early/go to the gym and get into a routine again. Then I will get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Something is always better then nothing. :) I am feeling so much better then I was last week so I'm finally getting back into a routine. Rolled out of bed at 4:45a and hit the treadmill for 30 minutes. I've been dreading bringing my run inside but I just can't get myself to go out after dinner. I guess I'm a morning exercise person.
So glad you're getting into a routine again. I have an elliptical, but I dont feel like starting that yet. Have you been able to keep it up?

I did one workout last week for 40 mins and felt good but paid for it the next day and continue too:sad2: I have been reading more about my situtation and everything I do just aggervates my whole left side which is why I keep taking more steps back instead of forward. . I think that swimming is what is left for me so I am going to go to our town hall and find out how much a pool pass is and hope to go at least 2 a week. my biggest concern for this is I am very slow swimmer and like to be next to the wall so if there are many ppl I get to swim in the waves the others are creating... I think I will go and watch first to see how many others go and try to pick a quiet time.
So sorry about your situation. Did you look into swimming? We didn't get our pool up this year because it was too cool. I really missed it.

I need to get to the gym in the mornings too. I did go out at about 4:30 this afternoon for a 2.6 mile run/walk, but then came home and ate a lot. My shins were killing me. And a few of my toes have this weird numbness type feeling? Hoping to get up Thursday morning for the gym. Keep telling myself I just have to break through the not wanting to get up so early/go to the gym and get into a routine again. Then I will get over it. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Good job with the mornings. I get some tingling in feet and hands too sometimes. I think it's either circulation or swelling.

I'm not an excuse person, but this week was rough. Here's a quick list:

- besides the normal full time job and 2 freelance projects I'm currently working on...
- DD got sick
- Toilet overflowed. Before I realized it, water was pouring into the basement through the floor because the water never shut off. (Think waterfall; it was enough to knock down a ceiling tile.) What a mess.
- Mom had a hornet infestation in her apartment. She had to stay over a few nights. Turned out they were behind a wall in an old vent. There were hundreds. They came in the apartments from the walls through light fixtures etc
- Something's going on with my stove. It's gas. Only one side looks like it has fire. This morning it started smoking :0
- Some jerk cut the catalytic converter off our minivan and stole it. We'll have to take it in tomorrow, but I'm worried it's going to be expensive. Like I need expensive right now...

So, somehow I managed a few walks this week and did strength stuff one night. I'm doing some stress eating though. I haven't completely lost it, but with everything going on I feel myself slipping. I think I need some quiet time by myself to recenter. Outside if the weathers nice enough.

We're getting pretty quiet here :)

I'm still struggling. I guess I need a goal that's a date of some sort. Well, I kind if just got one. An invite to our friends costume party... My skinny friend with all our other skinny friends that like to dress in skimpy little costumes. :) OK time for a little work if I want to blend in.

Just chugging along. On the treadmill by 4:50a and get off by 5:25a. I try to make it a run at least 3 times a week and walk or run the other 2 days. One way to make yourself work out is to pre register for a 5K. Nothing like having that deadline to get you exercising. :)

I've been doing 2 runs a week. Finally made it back up to 3 miles but twice a week is not enough. Stress eating real bad.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I just wrote a lost a really nice post about getting some health screening results back from things offered through my new employer. Here's some highlights:

All blood work was good except my ldl was a little high.

My blood pressure is creating back up.

My glucose to hours after eating and fasting were perfect.

My bone density is perfect.

My back is a mess. So one of the health fair booths was for a chiropractor. Now I've never been to one and honestly they've always seemed a little.. umm.. hokey maybe is the word I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, I think a legit one for the right reasons is good. But I think there's some off ones out there. Anyway, their screening involved a couple wands that show muscle tension down the spine. Like this (hope I code this right)
EP-Stress-Score-to-add-to-Software-Graphic-254x300.png

I told them I was going to light it up, jokingly, and I did red lines all the was down. The tech actually gave me a hug and said you poor girl, you must be in a lot of pain. Well, my pain thresholds pretty high so I just deal with it. But it's getting old. So I'm going in for an evaluation Monday.

If any if you have seen one, I'd live to here about your thoughts and suggestions...

I just wrote a lost a really nice post about getting some health screening results back from things offered through my new employer. Here's some highlights: All blood work was good except my ldl was a little high. My blood pressure is creating back up. My glucose to hours after eating and fasting were perfect. My bone density is perfect. My back is a mess. So one of the health fair booths was for a chiropractor. Now I've never been to one and honestly they've always seemed a little.. umm.. hokey maybe is the word I'm looking for. Don't get me wrong, I think a legit one for the right reasons is good. But I think there's some off ones out there. Anyway, their screening involved a couple wands that show muscle tension down the spine. Like this (hope I code this right) I told them I was going to light it up, jokingly, and I did red lines all the was down. The tech actually gave me a hug and said you poor girl, you must be in a lot of pain. Well, my pain thresholds pretty high so I just deal with it. But it's getting old. So I'm going in for an evaluation Monday. If any if you have seen one, I'd live to here about your thoughts and suggestions...

I have never been to a chiropractor but my dad goes to one quite often. Go and if it doesn't work, then at least you gave it a try. But if it does work, you are going to feel so much better.

Grrrrrrr! Second morning in a row I've forgotten to clip my fitbit on while doing my morning run. At least this morning I remembered near the beginning so I could run upstairs and get it and not near the end like I did yesterday. My husband told me not to get so wound up as it still counts as having done something. I know, but I like to see it in steps.

DisMom1981, I don't know how you get up that early to exercise. :crazy2: I wish I could, because I felt better when I was exercising in the late-ish morning.

Pikester, I'm sure that's frustrating forgetting the fitbit. Guys just don't understand about some things ;)

The place I'm working at now has a wellness initiative. So I just signed up for an 8 week challenge of 50,000 steps a week. :scared: I think that's around 3.5 miles a day.. How much time do you think that is? An hour of walking? I need to get a FitBit now... Or some pedometer. The challenge starts Tuesday. There's a weekly drawing of $100 card if you meet the goal.

DisMom1981, I don't know how you get up that early to exercise. :crazy2: I wish I could, because I felt better when I was exercising in the late-ish morning. Pikester, I'm sure that's frustrating forgetting the fitbit. Guys just don't understand about some things ;) The place I'm working at now has a wellness initiative. So I just signed up for an 8 week challenge of 50,000 steps a week. :scared: I think that's around 3.5 miles a day.. How much time do you think that is? An hour of walking? I need to get a FitBit now... Or some pedometer. The challenge starts Tuesday. There's a weekly drawing of $100 card if you meet the goal.
So I tried keeping track to see how long it took to get what amount of steps. This morning I exercised ( walked 5 minutes/ran/ walked for 2 minutes) for about 32 minutes total which earned me around 5,546 for 2.97 miles. Yesterday I did not exercise but just wore the fit bit for normal activity throughout the day and had 8,391 steps for 3.85 miles. All those steps are based on my stride length so I'm not sure what you would earn for what you do. Typically, if I exercise in the morning and earn anywhere from 4,000 to 5,000 steps I can hit 10,000 just wearing it the rest of the day before going to bed. Edited to add: Not sure how the Fitbit figures steps. I just looked at it and it shows 7,858 is 4.03 miles. Which is weird because yesterday I had more steps but went less miles.

Morning. I got my phone to post and saw you posted Pikester :) G'morning!

I've been busy!

- got a pedometer at Walgreens, just a simple one. It seems pretty accurate.
- counting steps started yesterday. I had a lot to do, so didn't do my evening walk. I still got in about 5500.
- I bought a nutribullet!! This thing is seriously awesome. I'm making smoothies for everyone :)
- my new place if work is really focused on wellness. It's pretty cool. We had a health and wellness workshop tomorrow morning and learned something new. It's this:

If you want to lose weight, you need to keep your insulin stable. If you spike your insulin, your body will block burning fat for hours.

The way to keep insulin stable is through what you eat. Net carbs (total carbs minus fiber) needs to be around 10 or so.

There was obviously more info. The carb/protein/fat thing, etc. But the info above was a lightbulb moment.

I also saw the chiropractor on Monday. His opinion, pending the viewing if my X-rays which I see next Wednesday, is that the main area of interest is high on my neck. It's probably a 1.5 out of 10, whatever that means. His other observation is that there's a lot of inflammation all over. I'm still trying to figure out what to do with that information.

Off to another day. How is everyone else doing?

Just posting a few updates.

I managed a little over 50k steps last week... And I won the drawing! 4x$25 Walmart gift cards! So I'm still plugging along.

My X-rays from the chiropractor visit showed that my neck vertebrae are straight instead of curved. The ones at the top if my shoulders are pushed back, closing the spaces where the nerves come out. This would explain my headaches and vision issues. Maybe my ear ringing. The same thing is going on further down below my rib cage. But those are also slightly rotated and each are at off angles. I'm still nervous about having my neck manipulated. So I made an eval appointment with the physical therapist that helped me with my knee to see what she says.

How are you guys doing? I hope the thread isn't dead...

Just posting a few updates. I managed a little over 50k steps last week... And I won the drawing! 4x$25 Walmart gift cards! So I'm still plugging along. My X-rays from the chiropractor visit showed that my neck vertebrae are straight instead of curved. The ones at the top if my shoulders are pushed back, closing the spaces where the nerves come out. This would explain my headaches and vision issues. Maybe my ear ringing. The same thing is going on further down below my rib cage. But those are also slightly rotated and each are at off angles. I'm still nervous about having my neck manipulated. So I made an eval appointment with the physical therapist that helped me with my knee to see what she says. How are you guys doing? I hope the thread isn't dead...dde25

Congrats on your win! I'm sorry you found issues with your spine but at the same time I'm glad you found something so that you can work on fixing it.

I'm still chugging along. Using the treadmill in the mornings either by running or walking. I try to get as many of those days to be running.

My long term goal was to run the Disney Tower of Terror 10 Miler in 2015. I was really hoping my DH could run this with me so with that hope in my heart I made the decision to wait until 2016. Just saw the released schedule for 2015-2016 runDisney events and the ToT 10 Miler is no longer on the schedule. I've heard it's due to construction taking place at DHS. Now I'm not sure what I'm doing. Might try to find a local 10miler or if I get brave, I could do a half marathon at Disney. Just not sure right now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter