Get in Shape & Lose Weight for August 2014 Group

Pikester, (or any other "am'ers") how do you manage mornings? I think I just need to force myself to become a morning person because things have not been going well without my morning workout. Do you eat before or after? Do you start right away, or do you wake up and give yourself some time before you start so you don't shock your system? Let me know what works for you, and I'll give it a go...

Pikester, (or any other "am'ers") how do you manage mornings? I think I just need to force myself to become a morning person because things have not been going well without my morning workout. Do you eat before or after? Do you start right away, or do you wake up and give yourself some time before you start so you don't shock your system? Let me know what works for you, and I'll give it a go...

It depends. Over the Summer I had to eat about an hour before my run to feel good while running. Nothing with milk in it though. Using the treadmill in the basement I just roll out of bed, put my running clothes on and go. Sometimes I get that yucky stomach pukey thing so I slow down until it passes and then pick the pace back up.

Just posting a few updates.

I managed a little over 50k steps last week... And I won the drawing! 4x$25 Walmart gift cards! So I'm still plugging along.

My X-rays from the chiropractor visit showed that my neck vertebrae are straight instead of curved. The ones at the top if my shoulders are pushed back, closing the spaces where the nerves come out. This would explain my headaches and vision issues. Maybe my ear ringing. The same thing is going on further down below my rib cage. But those are also slightly rotated and each are at off angles. I'm still nervous about having my neck manipulated. So I made an eval appointment with the physical therapist that helped me with my knee to see what she says.

How are you guys doing? I hope the thread isn't dead...

I am so bad at maintaining an exercise routine. Some days I do great, and then weeks go by with nothing. I need to figure things out.

I got some bad health news recently, and an exercise program is imperative to help me stay a bit healthier.

I need motivation, because apparently health isn't motivation enough. :confused3

I am so bad at maintaining an exercise routine. Some days I do great, and then weeks go by with nothing. I need to figure things out. I got some bad health news recently, and an exercise program is imperative to help me stay a bit healthier. I need motivation, because apparently health isn't motivation enough. :confused3

I missed this until now. Sorry about the bad news. I've been real erratic too. I know some of it's the weather. Everything's getting cold and it's been grey and rainy here. Some of it's due to fighting some bug off. A 2 week headache was awful. Amazingly, my weight is the same as it was when I left for vacation. I don't know how that's possible. My clothes don't fit as nice, though; I must have lost muscle and gained fat. But it does give me hope that I haven't completely lost it. Maybe a good plan would be to try and stabilize and maintain through the upcoming season and then hit things head on in January??

I missed this until now. Sorry about the bad news. I've been real erratic too. I know some of it's the weather. Everything's getting cold and it's been grey and rainy here. Some of it's due to fighting some bug off. A 2 week headache was awful. Amazingly, my weight is the same as it was when I left for vacation. I don't know how that's possible. My clothes don't fit as nice, though; I must have lost muscle and gained fat. But it does give me hope that I haven't completely lost it. Maybe a good plan would be to try and stabilize and maintain through the upcoming season and then hit things head on in January??

That's a good idea. Though due to health issues I won't be able to hit things head on until closer to june.

I hope that if I create a routine I can actually stick with, I'll be able to do small things now, but add to it as I get healthier. So start now with yoga 3 days a week, and then in June add half a lady Spartacus body weight work-out once a week for a couple weeks, then twice, then 3 times, and hopefully before my next trip I'll be up to at least once a week doing the full work-out.

Hi! I haven't been managing mornings well at all. I've really struggled getting back into the routine after having summer to work out later or even just in daylight in the early am.

However, this week, after weeks of setting the alarm and not getting up, I just did it. I set the alarm, got dressed and went to the gym. I only drink water before I go and then have breakfast and coffee after. Once I'm up I get over the fact that it is 4:30am and I just do it - it's getting up that sucks. An then I'm more successful if I go to bed by 8:30. This has been hard because I was addicted to once upon a time and watched all seasons on Nerflix prior to this seasons premiere.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I've missed this group. I totally dropped out for awhile. Many factors- starting school again. Baby going to daycare. Baby going to kindergarten. Staying up late to watch all seasons of Once Upon a Time. Planning to get pregnant. And then having a miscarraige (first one I've had). It been tough and then of course gaining wait as a result of not moving, lots of eating, and then also brief pregnancy. But, I want to feel healthy an strong again and I know the only way to do that is to get back into a routine.

Glad to see you've all been sticking with it!

I've missed this group. I totally dropped out for awhile. Many factors- starting school again. Baby going to daycare. Baby going to kindergarten. Staying up late to watch all seasons of Once Upon a Time. Planning to get pregnant. And then having a miscarraige (first one I've had). It been tough and then of course gaining wait as a result of not moving, lots of eating, and then also brief pregnancy. But, I want to feel healthy an strong again and I know the only way to do that is to get back into a routine.

Glad to see you've all been sticking with it!

I am so sorry for your loss.

Hi! I haven't been managing mornings well at all. I've really struggled getting back into the routine after having summer to work out later or even just in daylight in the early am.

However, this week, after weeks of setting the alarm and not getting up, I just did it. I set the alarm, got dressed and went to the gym. I only drink water before I go and then have breakfast and coffee after. Once I'm up I get over the fact that it is 4:30am and I just do it - it's getting up that sucks. An then I'm more successful if I go to bed by 8:30. This has been hard because I was addicted to once upon a time and watched all seasons on Nerflix prior to this seasons premiere.

Getting up that early sucks! But just like you, once I'm up and into the workout I do okay.

One of the stupid things I keep doing is forgetting to clip my Fitbit on when I do my run or walk. I usually don't remember until I'm half way through and the stinkin thing is upstairs in the bathroom where I changed into my workout clothes. Makes me so mad! :furious:

One of the stupid things I keep doing is forgetting to clip my Fitbit on when I do my run or walk. I usually don't remember until I'm half way through and the stinkin thing is upstairs in the bathroom where I changed into my workout clothes. Makes me so mad! :furious:

Frustratingggg!!! Wear that thing to bed so you don't forget in the am lol

Not having a great week here. Have not made it to the gym and two words- cookie. Dough.

Not having a great week here. Have not made it to the gym and two words- cookie. Dough.

I'm having problems too. I'd love to have a reason, but I don't. At least not any good ones. It's getting really cold here now, just started. It's got me down. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but planning a Disney trip for June 2016, although better than nothing, is just too far in the future to have any great impact on my behavior :)

Just wanted to say hello. Still the same old, same old here. Walking or running through the week and maybe a walk over the weekend. Dealing with a left hip issue that I'm not quite sure how it came about. It wasn't hurting and now it is. You ladies can do this, I know you can. Of course it's one of the worst times of the year to try to maintain or lose with all the yummy holiday goodies that are going to be around.

Just wanted to say hello. Still the same old, same old here. Walking or running through the week and maybe a walk over the weekend. Dealing with a left hip issue that I'm not quite sure how it came about. It wasn't hurting and now it is. You ladies can do this, I know you can. Of course it's one of the worst times of the year to try to maintain or lose with all the yummy holiday goodies that are going to be around.

Thanks for the encouragement. My worst enemy is I've started staying up too late with TV and various town/school meeting involvements. I had a great run last week- did the 5k like I had never stopped working out. It felt great. Just have to make it part of my regular routine again.

I'm having problems too. I'd love to have a reason, but I don't. At least not any good ones. It's getting really cold here now, just started. It's got me down. I'm trying to keep my spirits up, but planning a Disney trip for June 2016, although better than nothing, is just too far in the future to have any great impact on my behavior :)

I agree- too far away. I really wanted to sneak in a Christmas weekend visit with DH, but just hate the idea of spending the same amount of money on a weekend that we'd spend on a week in the summer! Airfare is a killer.

Hope your hip starts treating you better!

Merry Christmas! Happy holidays!

Still chugging away. My wonderful hubby is giving me a new treadmill for Christmas. Thank you honey!

Merry Christmas to you too! Hope yours was a good one.

I have off for a week! Looking forward to it and getting back in track :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter