Getting canned over racist language

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not. One is the founder of the company, the other is merely a paid spokesperson. Big difference, IMO.

In either case, neither has a direct relationship with the company any more, but is still associated with the company in many people's minds. Still - I think a lot of people will understand that Schnatter still owns hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the company stock and will consider that when judging whether or not to patronize the business.

In either case, neither has a direct relationship with the company any more, but is still associated with the company in many people's minds. Still - I think a lot of people will understand that Schnatter still owns hundreds of millions of dollars worth of the company stock and will consider that when judging whether or not to patronize the business.

I would consider being the Chairman of the Board for the company to be a direct relationship.

From what I understand, they are just going to pull him from their ads. He is still the largest owner of stock in the company at 30%.

Where are all these people feeling bad for the workers when it comes to nearly any and every worker issue? Telling us they knew what they were getting into and offering no sympathy whatsoever of course. It's only when workers become a useful tool of deflection that they suddenly care about them.

Yes because every working issue is the same.
I can play this game too- you know the one, claiming things that I "know" about someone because they see things differently than I.
How about this- Its funny how these people have an issue with other people being concerned about those effected by someone's racist rants. I guess we can only be concerned for the actual targets of racism, screw the other people (employees, family members, community members) who are affected by the backlash of it as well. I guess you people are only good at feigning compassion for all and not actually practicing it.

Of course you didn't. Posters love to twist things into the extreme. Yesterday I said we shouldn't have to tolerate racism in the workplace as just differing opinions and somehow that got turned into me being a "SJW" who tries to get people fired if i don't agree with them.

LOL, I said I'm not a SJW, I never mentioned you being one or not.
Who is it trying to twist things in this thread? :rotfl:

From what I understand, they are just going to pull him from their ads. He is still the largest owner of stock in the company at 30%.

He will likely remain the largest holder of stock. I can't think of any situation where an individual is forced to sell stock they personally own in a company whether they founded it or not. The Grand Duke of the KKK (if that is still a thing) is free to purchase as much stock as they can afford in a publicly traded company.

LOL, I said I'm not a SJW, I never mentioned you being one or not.
Who is it trying to twist things in this thread? :rotfl:
Your comments implied that I am. Comments don't simply exist in a vacuum. When you randomly bring up SJW, then describe behaviors you view as being those of a SJW and then explain you think I was advocating for those behaviors, you are calling me a SJW. It's really not that complicated to understand, pretty straightforward, no twisting needed.

Not sure who is reporting this. They have to provide a major ownership summary every year, and apparently it's over 94% institutional investors like hedge and mutual funds.

https://www.nasdaq.com/symbol/pzza/ownership-summary
https://postanalyst.com/2018/05/10/...sitions-in-papa-johns-international-inc-pzza/

Two different articles I've seen - one says 24% ownership and the other says 30%:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/10/pap...tter-resigns-as-chairman-of-company-boar.html
https://www.forbes.com/sites/noahki...worth-rises-50-million-in-a-day/#67a3e33a7123

Yes because every working issue is the same.
I can play this game too- you know the one, claiming things that I "know" about someone because they see things differently than I.
How about this- Its funny how these people have an issue with other people being concerned about those effected by someone's racist rants. I guess we can only be concerned for the actual targets of racism, screw the other people (employees, family members, community members) who are affected by the backlash of it as well. I guess you people are only good at feigning compassion for all and not actually practicing it.

Show me where I said I know anyone.
Show me where I said every working issue is the same.
Show me where I said forget about anyone else affected. And indeed if I decided not to eat Papa Johns because of this, nobody would be affected. I don't eat it anyway.
I don't need to know anyone to judge the merits of their posts.
I find the one quoted above lacking and filled with baseless accusations.

Last edited:
Nobody is calling for the whole company to be shut down or anything close to that (at least not anyone in this thread). It's a made up thing, an overaction to a few people saying they won't be buying from Papas John's.
As far as the bolded, yes actually I would. It would be great if we could all just respond to such blantant racism by denouncing it and the racist.

I didn’t say anyone was calling for it. I was being sarcastic. No matter what anyone says if they say anything besides “yes, he is racist”, you and at least one other start talking g about justification, deflections and turning deaf ears and blind eyes. Every time.

So 3 pages of the same words? Ok. What a boring black and white world you must live in.

A lot of the reporting is kind of fuzzy. However, I suppose one of the things is the nature of "ownership". The numbers say there are about 32 million outstanding shares. This article says that Schnatter's ownership is in the form of restricted stock units and options, but they're not aware of whether or not the resignation has affected that for him. He's still on the board. I remember when I was no longer employed at a company, I was required to either exercise my options within a specified time (might have been 90 days?) or they would expire.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/top-4-papa-johns-shareholders-pzza/
The company went public under the ticker PZZA in 1993. Schnatter currently owns 7,056 restricted stock units (RSU) and 463,879 options as of March 12, 2018, making him the largest shareholder. These numbers may be subject to change after Schnatter's resignation as the company's chairman.
In his case I'm not sure how he would handle this. I'd think that a lot of his net worth came from when he previously exercised his options. There's been no reporting of how many outstanding shares he owns. Also - I'm not sure he would be able to just exercise all of them at once and sell, because something like that would just kill the price.

A lot of the reporting is kind of fuzzy. However, I suppose one of the things is the nature of "ownership". The numbers say there are about 32 million outstanding shares. This article says that Schnatter's ownership is in the form of restricted stock units and options, but they're not aware of whether or not the resignation has affected that for him. He's still on the board. I remember when I was no longer employed at a company, I was required to either exercise my options within a specified time (might have been 90 days?) or they would expire.

https://www.investopedia.com/news/top-4-papa-johns-shareholders-pzza/
The company went public under the ticker PZZA in 1993. Schnatter currently owns 7,056 restricted stock units (RSU) and 463,879 options as of March 12, 2018, making him the largest shareholder. These numbers may be subject to change after Schnatter's resignation as the company's chairman.
In his case I'm not sure how he would handle this. I'd think that a lot of his net worth came from when he previously exercised his options. There's been no reporting of how many outstanding shares he owns. Also - I'm not sure he would be able to just exercise all of them at once and sell, because something like that would just kill the price.

On the same NASDAQ site you posted above, they list him as holding over 9.3 million shares:

https://www.nasdaq.com/quotes/insiders/schnatter-john-h-41244

I didn’t say anyone was calling for it. I was being sarcastic. No matter what anyone says if they say anything besides “yes, he is racist”, you and at least one other start talking g about justification, deflections and turning deaf ears and blind eyes. Every time.

So 3 pages of the same words? Ok. What a boring black and white world you must live in.

His comments are very black and white though. I mean this thread is about him using a racial slur and randomly talking about growing up where people used to murder black people by dragging them behind trucks. There's no gray area in any of that. It's sad that we live in a world where people who even think it's necessary to find gray area in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter