Getting from animal kingdom to Disney Springs at noon

Thinking of doing the VR experience Star Wars secrets of the Empire at Disney Springs but will be at Animal Kingdom till noon. What is the best way to get there from Animal Kingdom? ... I’m thinking cab... Are they parked out front or will I have to call? Has anyone done this VR experience yet?
if you re cheap like me i would bus to saratoga springs then walk to DS

Another "free" route is take the bus from Animal Kingdom to Animal Kingdom Lodge, then take the bus from there to Disney Springs.
This is the quickest no cost method. It's a 5 minute ride from AK to AKL and there's no boat ride, bus ride or walking required. Also for a reason which I won't get into, the AK to AKL bus runs more frequently than the other buses.

Last edited:
True, but they do seem to get a little more love. I'm not saying OKW is rundown; I was just curious why the PP had singled it out from deluxe.

My interpretation was that the other Deluxes ALSO have DVC connected with them, but OKW is "just" DVC and doesn't have general resort rooms.

My interpretation was that the other Deluxes ALSO have DVC connected with them, but OKW is "just" DVC and doesn't have general resort rooms.

I guess I still don't understand the distinction. I can book a room at OKW without being DVC or renting points. It's available on Disney's website just like all the other deluxe resorts. Is the difference just that it only has studios and villas?

I guess I still don't understand the distinction. I can book a room at OKW without being DVC or renting points. It's available on Disney's website just like all the other deluxe resorts. Is the difference just that it only has studios and villas?

Yes. Even though non-DVC can rent a studio or suite there, it is a "DVC-only" property meaning not a "standard" (and by standard I mean rooms as opposed to studios or suites) resort. Just like Saratoga Springs is "only" a DVC property. Poly, GF, WL, YC, BC, AKL, and Boardwalk are all properties that have DVC and "standard" rooms.

Edit to add: I really don't think he meant any slight by not including it with "Deluxe Resorts". I know when I think of WDW Resorts, OKW and SSR are probably the last ones that come to my mind simply because I don't want or need a villa - studio or otherwise - since I travel solo and have no need for cookware and stuff in my resort room. I think of the ones that just have rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter