Getting my Leave a Legacy pic after it's removed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My recollection from the time was that the tiles would be visible for a minimum of at least 20 years. That would be 2019. Visible does not necessarily mean in their original location. My thought is that they would remain in their current location until then, and then removed. I think the labor cost to remove the tiles and return to those who participated would be too much for Disney to want to deal with. Just the logistics of returning the tiles to 'owners' would be daunting.

Was there ever mention of returning the small tiles to the original people? I can't see them ever giving the pictures to anyone.

It would be impossible

Was there ever mention of returning the small tiles to the original people? I can't see them ever giving the pictures to anyone.

It would be impossible
None that I know of. Just the 20 years. I agree, almost impossible to return to the people.

They could easily just take them off and put them in a heavy duty 3 ring binder type thing up against the wall of a building so everyone can "flip" through them to find their pictures :-)

i'd be more than happy to buy the tile back from disney....

it's our son and daughter from when they were teens....it's an adorable picture of them...

i understand it would be impossible for disney to get them back to people, but if they offered to sell it back to me for money, i'd be willing to pay...

i think i'd be willing to go as high as $200 to get it...maybe even $300 if they put it on a little stand that i could put on the mantle....with a symbol of epcot on it..

that is, if they intend to get rid of it entirely...
if they're planning on moving it to another location, i'd be fine with that as well...

i'd be more than happy to buy the tile back from disney....

it's our son and daughter from when they were teens....it's an adorable picture of them...

i understand it would be impossible for disney to get them back to people, but if they offered to sell it back to me for money, i'd be willing to pay...

i think i'd be willing to go as high as $200 to get it...maybe even $300 if they put it on a little stand that i could put on the mantle....with a symbol of epcot on it..

that is, if they intend to get rid of it entirely...
if they're planning on moving it to another location, i'd be fine with that as well...

I dunno. I don't have kids but for that small of a tile I would just snap a photo of the tile myself. Or a pencil rubbing.

I dunno. I don't have kids but for that small of a tile I would just snap a photo of the tile myself. Or a pencil rubbing.

we take a picture of it every time we visit....usually with the kids pointing to it in the picture..

but if disney decides to get rid of it, i would be willing to pay to take ours home with us..

Last edited:

People should keep in mind that this table is based on a Blue Sky rendering. Nothing has been green lit yet. If that happens they will announce details. Contractually they have to display pics for 20 years or the contracted period. They have to be displayed somewhere but not necessarily there.

My name is Sandra M Black and when my Father passed away he had always said he was going to take my family to Walt Disney World, so when he passed away I took the family on a Grand Plan Vacation back in June if 2001 we stayed a the Grand Floridian and we were in the concierge level of the hotel we really enjoyed our stay. We were awarded with one Leave a legacy tile which we took our picture and under the picture we wrote Thanks papop Schu for such a lifetime Vacation. Now at the time we were told it would be there forever but now your removing it after all the money you’ve made off all your guests that's so wrong. No one can really afford to take such a lifetime of memories trip like that now a days unless your rich. None of my Grandchildren have been to either Disneyland or any other park. Shame on your big Cooperation Walt would be very upset. That today’s generation can’t afford to go their.

My name is Sandra M Black and when my Father passed away he had always said he was going to take my family to Walt Disney World, so when he passed away I took the family on a Grand Plan Vacation back in June if 2001 we stayed a the Grand Floridian and we were in the concierge level of the hotel we really enjoyed our stay. We were awarded with one Leave a legacy tile which we took our picture and under the picture we wrote Thanks papop Schu for such a lifetime Vacation. Now at the time we were told it would be there forever but now your removing it after all the money you’ve made off all your guests that's so wrong. No one can really afford to take such a lifetime of memories trip like that now a days unless your rich. None of my Grandchildren have been to either Disneyland or any other park. Shame on your big Cooperation Walt would be very upset. That today’s generation can’t afford to go their.

Replying to a year old thread on a message board isn’t going to get you anywhere. If you have an issue with this, you should contact Disney.

OP’s question has been long discussed. Closing to avoid confusion and replies to an old thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter