• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting the Most Out of FastPass During High Season (LONG)

heading to DL next week (can't wait!) and just want to confirm that DL/DCA will still take fastpasses (same day) even after the fastpass window has expired?

heading to DL next week (can't wait!) and just want to confirm that DL/DCA will still take fastpasses (same day) even after the fastpass window has expired?

Yes, you can use FPs collected on a given day (many hours) AFTER the return window (as long as it's the same day).

This is a touring strategy used by MANY dis'ers. If they ever change this policy it would be HUGE news & would be discussed ACTIVELY by many here.

Pick up FPs early (& often)......& use them later in the day (when it's more crowded)....with confidence. :thumbsup2

:)

Yes, you can use FPs collected on a given day (many hours) AFTER the return window (as long as it's the same day).

This is a touring strategy used by MANY dis'ers. If they ever change this policy it would be HUGE news & would be discussed ACTIVELY by many here.

Pick them early & use them late....with confidence. :thumbsup2

many thanks!

wish me well as I seek to secure ST FPs early! :)

I'm going to try some of these tips on my first trip to DL next month. Lots of things to factor in, considering we'll be going to DL during MM, on the Sunday before Halloween , when Pirates of the Caribbean and Small World will be both under refurbishment, and the Haunted Mansion will have gone through it's Holiday overlay, plus we have reservations at 8am for Plaza Inn . We'll then have all of Halloween Day (another busy day?) to check out CA.

Any suggestions are most definitely welcome. :surfweb:

The thing I would consider is HMH and SMGG have extra big crowds so you may want to reprioritize which FP first. ST or SMGG, also HMH has FP during the Halloween season because of the extra demand by so many fans.

I'm going to try some of these tips on my first trip to DL next month. Lots of things to factor in, considering we'll be going to DL during MM, on the Sunday before Halloween , when Pirates of the Caribbean and Small World will be both under refurbishment, and the Haunted Mansion will have gone through it's Holiday overlay, plus we have reservations at 8am for Plaza Inn . We'll then have all of Halloween Day (another busy day?) to check out CA.

Suggestions:

- I see you're staying at the Paradise Pier. I would park hop each day (starting each day in DL & visiting DCA before or after your mid day break). The PPH is a short 4-5 min. walk (thru the GCH) from DCA.

- I'd back the breakfast reservation to 10am (or so) giving you time to pick up 3-4 FPs & tour DL in uncrowded bliss the first 2 hours.

- I agree that HHM FP should be a priority after ST & SM.

- I'll repeat.....you should consider park hopping each of your 2 days (especially one who is staying at the PPH or the GCH).

Meanwhile, What is this I hear that when we're guests at any of the DLR Hotels we get 2 FPs per person for the ride of our choice? If this is true, then that will definitely eliminate the need to get FPs for the most popular ride at DL, which I'm assuming has always been SM? :confused3:

Meanwhile, What is this I hear that when we're guests at any of the DLR Hotels we get 2 FPs per person for the ride of our choice? If this is true, then that will definitely eliminate the need to get FPs for the most popular ride at DL, which I'm assuming has always been SM? :confused3:

The 2 FP for hotel guests offer I believe is over.

Also FYI when you get special FPs(not including the summer's hotel offer) there can be limitations and often the limits apply to super high demand rides such as HMH and SMGG. In the past they were not good for ST when it opened and TSMM when it opened.

So would you say this would be a great strategy for that Sunday (10/30)?:teacher:

1. Go in at 7am for MM, and ride all the Rides at FL in the order others have suggested.
2. Head over to TL at 8am, get passes to SMGG
3. Assuming we can't change our ADRs to Plaza Inn, we could just eat, and I'll step out around 8:40 or so, and start getting FPs, the first ones being ST FPs.
4. Head over to AL and ride Indy on Stand By.
5. Run to New Orleans Square to get FPs for HMH
6. Do all the rest of the rides at AL
7. Go to CC to get FPs to SM

So would you say this would be a great strategy for that Sunday (10/30)?:teacher:

1. Go in at 7am for MM, and ride all the Rides at FL in the order others have suggested.
3. Assuming we can't change our ADRs to Plaza Inn, we could just eat, and I'll step out around 8:40 or so, and start getting FPs, the first ones being ST FPs.
Splash FPs are in lower demand when it is cooler outside. So the importance of Splash depends ont he day. Late Oct can be really warm or cool. Also, if you want to ride ST with FP that should be first right now.

Yeah I'm a big fan of both HM and SM at WDW. I guess I'll just grab a FP for SMGG first, and then take it from there. Thank you so much for the help HydroGuy... you absolutely rock. :worship:

Are you going to DL around the same time as we are? Having you as our guide would be incredible! :thumbsup2

Yeah I'm a big fan of both HM and SM at WDW. I guess I'll just grab a FP for SMGG first, and then take it from there. Thank you so much for the help HydroGuy... you absolutely rock. :worship:

Are you going to DL around the same time as we are? Having you as our guide would be incredible! :thumbsup2
Some people around here may not believe it, but i do get "Disneyed out". And I was Disneyed out in August for sure after a WDW trip and two to DLR.

In any case, I may need to start up a tour guide business some day!

Hi: Researching and planning our trip to DLR at spring break. Very worried about crowds. Will be attending MM on Saturday + Sunday of our stay. May I please know what is the recommended FL ride order for MM mentioned above? Thanks very much!

Kelli :lovestruc

Hi: Researching and planning our trip to DLR at spring break. Very worried about crowds. Will be attending MM on Saturday + Sunday of our stay. May I please know what is the recommended FL ride order for MM mentioned above? Thanks very much!

Kelli :lovestruc

For Fantasyland always start with Peter Pan. Then Mr. Toad, then Dumbo, then the rest.

For Fantasyland always start with Peter Pan. Then Mr. Toad, then Dumbo, then the rest.

Thanks skiing fast. I think I'll give Mr. Toad a pass. :rotfl: My son, prone to migraines, got barftastic after that ride YEARS ago and I still give it shade when I walk by. Long story. Where are you from?

Kelli

Anyone have a good touring plan for hitting the headliners/FP collection now that "FP enforcement" is in full swing? This really changes the way that we heavy FP planners/users go about our trips both out west and at WDW!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter