• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting to Know You.....

This is really great. :D I'm enjoying getting to know each of you! Keep it up!

Originally posted by jx3smom
I've been on the Boards a long time but I'm not really very well known.

I remember you, Linda, and your youngest. We met at Ocean City in September of 2001. :wave:

I'm Gail, 40 years old, single mom of two DSs (11) and (9). I live in NJ, work in NYC - quite the commute! We have a cat, and we live in an apartment, and are wishing for a house! :)

It has been fun to read all the profiles!

My name is Cathy (37) and I have been married to dh (37) for 13 years. We live in Massachusetts, near Boston. We have 3 children DD(8), DS(4) and DS (2). Life is very busy!!!

We are lucky because DH works Mon-Thurs and I work on Friday. It gives us a nice balance with the kids.

We have been going to WDW every year since DD was 3. In June we are going to US/IOA for the first time and then we are going to England and Scotland in the Fall. The whole family loves to travel (okay, so the 2 y/o doesn't have a choice :)!) and our dream is to see the world with our kids!:teeth:

Its been fun getting to know everyone! :)

I'm Sherry, 32 years old, married for 13 years, and mom to 4 boys: 12, 11, 9, and 7. Also have a 2 year old kitty named Tinkerbell.

I'm a SAHM, and babysit 2 kids privately for friends. The extra spending money comes in handy. :teeth:

I lurk often but post infrequently. So here goes... I am old enough (LOL) and so is DH. We have 2 DSs - 20 and 18. One will be a jr in college in the fall and the younger is completing his jr. year in high school. We do have a Disney "daughter" --- our Airedale Terrier who thinks she is human!

I am the principal of a Catholic elementary school and DH is a sales representative. We live about 10 miles north of Boston. Our whole family is Disney addicted and proud of it. :D

Hello Ya'll! My name is Lesley, I am 21 years old and from mid-Michigan. After a few (struggling with my future plans) years of college education, I decided to do the Walt Disney World CP (which was a fantasitc decision) where i finally found the inspiration to become a writer (something my subconcious always told me to do but never listened to). So now i am a year and a half away from graduating with a major in Creative Writing and minor in Communications (<---that line is so overused in my vocab since i am a orientation leader and say it quite often). I am still pondering my after school options. I will more than definatly move from my tiny town to a city that is warm year round. I just cannot take the snow and below zero weather anymore at my ripe old age :rolleyes:

As far as likes...I love the DIS boards. They are so fun. I also love reading, music of ALL types (I spend endless hours downloading on the Internet), traveling, coffee, my wide variety of friends, Jake Gyllenhaal, and a lot of other things. I'm pretty open-minded about anything. Most of all, I am in love with Disney, especially BC, SAB, Beaches and Cream, and just the essance of being there.
:smooth:

I think I’m the first male poster to this thread, so I hope I’m not crashing the girl party. My real name is Aaron and I recently turned 30 (I’ll still be wearing black for the next few months). My DW, Sandy, is two years my junior, and I have two DSs Jordan (12) from a previous marriage, and Connor (17 months). I’m working as an editor for a major association in D.C. while working on my PhD at Catholic University in Medieval Literature. I only have three classes left and I’m currently translating Arthurian legends from Middle Welsh, which makes my parents very happy that I’ve paid for college myself! Sandy is a second grade teacher and just as crazy for the mouse as I am—the boys never stood a chance. We also have three kitties: ShadowBoxer (Shadow), Onyxablet (Onyx), and Tasslehoff Burrfoot (Tas). BTW, there’s a theme here for fantasy novel fans—Fizban, Onxyablet, Tasslehoff.—anyone? I also write poetry, short fiction, and acoustic rock music, read way too much, way to fast, and generally sleep far too little for any sensible human being.;)

Oh I love threads like these!!!

I am Elaine, and I am 26 years old. I am married to Luis (who posts occasionally under coqui) and am a 'mama' to two furbabies (Cleo & Gwen). I work in telecommunications and my husband is in computers :) I love to play with computers myself, and besides that and Disney, I don't have much else to take up my time :)

Originally posted by Fizban257
I think I’m the first male poster to this thread, so I hope I’m not crashing the girl party.

You're not crashing at all, Aaron. Come on, guys, lets hear from some more of you!

BTW, I think I recognize Fizban and Tas as characters from the DragonLance series. Am I right, Aaron? My DD is very in to this series, and keeps telling me I have to read them.

Thanks to everyone who has posted! It's great getting to know our DisFamily!

Originally posted by mowsie dreamer
BTW, I think I recognize Fizban and Tas as characters from the DragonLance series. Am I right, Aaron? My DD is very in to this series, and keeps telling me I have to read them.

Spot on! Onyxablet is also a character from the series (spelled a little differently). Onyx, the smallest and daintiest of our three cats is named after a black dragon. :p

Hi all :-)
My name is Amanda, I am 27 soon to be 28 on the 31st. I am a mommy to 4 brats! all under 8 years old, I just had the youngest one on April 30th! I work in telecommunications (for now, possible layoff) as does my DH. I am a technician in the central office, and my DH is a lineman :-) We live in Georgia, and I am hopelessly addicted to Disney! LOL I would rather spend all our spare $$$ on vacations, then anything else! LOL

Ok I'm next I guess!!! I'm Desiree'. I'm 28 years old (29 in July) and I am a manager at a local movie theatre here in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. I'm a big sports fan too mainly LSU.

I have one dd, Devyn who is about to turn 9 on the 27th. She keeps us busy with school work, softball and scouts.

We live with my bf, Chris, who is currently on the job hunt now. He previously worked for 4 years at Blockbuster as a Manager. He is 31 years old. He loves anything science fiction and writing.

We all love movies (obviously) and anything Disney. We're always counting down to our next vacation!

Hi everyone! Nice to meet you!

I am Jessica, currently a 34yo SAHM for my two DDs (4 and 18 mo). DH is Jeff and he is a pilot for the ANG. We live in New Orleans and have a menagerie of anilmals as well (1 cat, 1 dog and I lost count on the fish).

DD4 and I love Disney and are trying to bring DD18mo into our camp. DH tolerates my addiction.:rolleyes:

Am I the youngest one as of yet? I am 19, I'm from Canada and I'm starting University this fall. I will be taking Film Studies so that I can follow my passion of working in Film, which I LOVE, it is my drug of choice, as tough as it can be I couldn't be happier working anywhere else. I have 2 dogs, a bird and I'm fostering a turtle. I am a huge Disney fan, my obsession started when I was very young and has grown ever since!

Hello everyone! Love reading all these posts....

I'm Angela, and I'm a 31-year-old SAHM to my 4 year old DD, Samantha. We'll be welcoming our son, Ryan, into this world via c-section on July 21st. We're also parents to two cocker spaniels, Riley and Daisy, along with a hermit crab and some assorted fish.

We live in SW Oklahoma, where DH works as a tire designer for Goodyear. We've been here for 5+ years, and though we love it for now, aren't planning on being here for too much longer. DH wants to move to Florida, but I'm too attached to family and am lobbying for a move to Texas.

The whole family has a passion for all things Disney. DH is the consummate planner and is constantly working on some scheme to get us back to the World sooner rather than later. :) We're great sport fans and are especially proud to be Oklahoma State alumni.

next.....

Me next :-)
My name is Kristy and I recently turned 26. Fiance, Derek is 37 and will be my husband in 18 days. I grew up here in good ole NC and he's from Michigan. I've been to WDW twice in my lifetime, last one being in '95. He has never been but we're both big kids. I collect dolphins, dopey, and pooh figurines or just stuff in general of them. I'm currently an administrative assistant for a large pharmaceutical company. Love my job, but I want to be more than an admin, so I'm in school at night to finish my bachelors degree. Derek works for a telecommunications company. We're hoping they will be able to pull out of bankruptcy and the jobs remain safe.
Along with getting married, we're also buying a house and closing on it four days before the wedding.
Our three children are Max, Kilo, and Lima (2 black cats and a tabby).
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc
Who's next?

What a great idea!

I'm Jill. I'll be 28 on the 25th of this month. My DH and I have been married for 7 years and we live in Alabama. We are the proud parents of DD 4 and DS 2. I teach second grade and DH is an aircraft mechanic. DD has been to Disney World twice already and will have her 3rd trip this Thanksgiving. We LOVE Disney World and wish we could afford to visit every year- every other will have to do for now! We have started a tradition of visiting WDW every other Thanksgiving with my whole family (a brother and his family- 2 kids, another single brother, and my parents)- a great time is had by all! Visiting WDW is totally different when seen through the eyes of your children!

Next....

I am Jennifer. I am an RN and my husband is a computer programmer. We have been married 13 years. I am 31 years old.
I like to cook, read true stories, and play on the computer ;) I like to watch Trading Spaces and Court TV, as well as Emeril Live.
Some of my favorite movies are The Matrix, Rush Hour, The Emperor's New Groove, and Lord of the Rings.

This is so great!!

My name is Stacey and I am 27 years old (28 in Sept.). I was divorced in November and have sole custody of my spoiled "only child" ~ cat Mickey. Can you tell I am a Mickey Freak? You name it, I got it...Mickey ice cubes, Mickey coasters, teapot, salt-n-pepper shakers, shower curtains, the list goes on but...unless you are really looking when you walk into my house, you can't see it...it's very subtle.

I am the assistant to the Training Sergeant at our Police Department and I really like my job - having a great boss helps too. My ex is a professional firefighter who is not a Disney freak like me but who went along with me to WDW on our honeymoon :p I have lived in New York my whole life and got hooked on Disney and WDW during my first trip when I was 15.

Being quite new here (this is my 7th post :) ) I've really enjoyed this thread - a good way to get to know you all!
So here is me:

My name is Melissa, I'm 20 (21 shortly...),from Barnsley, Yorkshire in England. I met my DBF (24) four years ago and we've been together for three of them (see this post for more on our meeting!)

DBF is a film fanatic (in fact as I type he's at the cinema watching X2 for the 2nd time...) which is probably one of the very few things we don't have in common... We both love PTerry, comedy, travelling...

We've been living together for just over a year and have a cat called Mips, I'll attach a picture of her to the bottom of this thread and I'm going to post a pic of me and DBF to the 'Show Your Face' thread in a min :)

Erm... what else? My family (Mum, Dad, younger brother and I) first went to the states in '89 - we visited Miami for 10 days and drove up to Orlando to meet Mr Mouse for 2 of them... we've since returned to Orlando in '91, '93 and '98. In '00 I flew out to Orlando to work for Mr Mouse for six months and 15 family members visited me in one huge group for a holiday (vacation!)...

Mum, Dad, YB, DBF and I will return in 7 weeks time and *none* of us can wait...

I love WDW and Universal (I adored Seuss when I kid so this one was obvious).

DBF and I are both web designers and he does many other computer things besides... He works FT, I work PT and PT self-employed (just started... things are going slow :) )

That's about it... unless you want me to bore you further ;) Oh, but one other thing... I love Catatonia (a Welsh band, would love to know if any others on here know of them!)

Looking forward to hearing from others!
Cya,
Gaspode

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter