Getting uncomfortable

Mirielle

DIS Veteran
For weeks now, the brother of one of my Facebook friends has been posting things that have me a bit on edge. He's been spewing hate, "getting even" and is now talking about gathering weapons. His posts have been getting more and more hate filled. Is it likely that anyone would be interested in keeping an eye on this individual? If so...who?

I usually take a pretty hard "not my circus, not my monkeys" line, but if you think this guy poses a threat to others, then I'd seek assistance. Surely the cops could at least review his posts and make a more informed decision/plan of action?

That's super scary though, hate that it's happening to you.

If you feel that this person is a threat, then you should report this, and make sure that it gets to the correct Federal Authorities.
Yes, there are huge efforts out there, on every level, to 'keep an eye on' this type of individual.
This kind of thing is done easily and anonymously.

I am assuming that this is racial or anti-US hatred????

He's either gone psycho or a wuss, wusses like to overcompensate by talking big, "gathering weapons" lol....what a chump

I've seen those "See something - say something" posters up in public places when visiting the States. Do the posters say who to call? That's probably a good place to start. Peace. :hippie:

For weeks now, the brother of one of my Facebook friends has been posting things that have me a bit on edge. He's been spewing hate, "getting even" and is now talking about gathering weapons. His posts have been getting more and more hate filled. Is it likely that anyone would be interested in keeping an eye on this individual? If so...who?
HOW old is he? If high school age, at a min. I'd def. let the school know. Most take these types of things pretty serious. If older, I guess I'd contact the local police department (of where he lives) and if you feel comfortable his family. Who is his hate/vengeance against?

If he is making specific threats then I would call the police.
If he is making general hateful statements and general talk about weapons then I'd call the non emergency line.

I had something very similar happen. I texted the guy's brother and expressed my concern. Apparently, someone else called the police. It all worked out in the end. Best wishes to you, and I am sorry that you have been put in this situation.

I'm usually in the MYOB crowd, but if you are concerned, you can click on one of his posts on FB and click the triangle on the upper right hand side of the post, and choose "Report this post" and answer the questions. FB will investigate. Or you could call your (or his)local Police department.

If it's a specific threat, the police. If it's a general threat, maybe mention it to the sibling, to get a feel for the situation, and whether you should do anything at all.

I'd block him, and maybe unfriend the sibling too depending on the answer. Unless it was a specific threat, I wouldn't get involved since you don't know the guy personally.

Remembered the neighbor behind me is the city manager. His office is located at city hall , along with the police department. I phoned and asked him to come over...had something I wanted him to take a look at. He sat down at my computer and I pulled up the FB page for him to see. He slowly read everything available and the only comment he made regarding what he saw was, "Oh God"! He thanked me and left, assuring me this would be taken care of.

I'm glad you were able to find a way to bring this to someone's attention OP. I hope this will prevent bad things from happening. :hug:

You probably did the right thing. Chances are that it's nothing but you never know. People knew about the Orlando shooter and the guy and his wife in California but thought it was nothing. Too bad they didn't speak up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter