Getting uncomfortable

This can also be the sign of someone decompensating mentally. There is a potential it will not get him in "trouble", rather trigger the possibility he receives some help if that is what's needed.

From what you outlined it doesn't sound like his posts will cause any legal repercussions for him at this point. At most he will have a visit and discussion with law enforcement, alerting him they are aware of his views. Hopefully he is one of the breed who is merely hot air, spewing words with no intent to take action.

I'm glad you decided to take action. I'd have notified the police.

It's PROBABLY nothing. But could you imagine how you'd feel if he did do something terrible and you could potentially have stopped it with a phone call? You absolutely did the right thing.

I would not assume that any agencies would visit him and tip him off to the fact that he is being watched.
If they feel that this is a credible threat, I think it is more likely that they will have him on their watch list and try to use any info about who he is associated with, etc.. to gain as much intelligence as possible.

This is exactly what I posted in the other recent thread about the possible drug-house.
Don't be surprised if you don't see any immediate visible response.
You don't walk up and tip somebody off that they are being watched...
You add them to the ongoing effort to gain as much information and iron-clad evidence as possible.

OP: I would do absolutely nothing regarding Facebook. I would not want anyone to know that anything regarding this was coming from your FB account.
Also, you will not be aware if any threats escalate, to report further, if you block him or cut him off.

What's he mad about? Is he upset at a particular person or group of people (like, his coworkers)? Or is he mad in general because Confederate statues are being taken down, that sort of thing?

He's been spewing hate, "getting even" and is now talking about gathering weapons.

The part of your initial OP that I quoted above is what would be a very big red flag to me. It's beyond talk or just posting your opinion. Once you start talking about taking action with violence is the time to get someone in authority involved. There are many things that can lead people to post such stuff politics is just one of them. Unfortunately so is workplace issues, relationship issues, etc. It seems more appearant where the talk in the OP is coming from but still anytime someone says stuff about getting even and gathering weapons is when someone in authority should be notified.

Onto your update: I'm so glad you were able to talk with someone about this. I'm sure this wasn't easy at all and I commend you for speaking up.

You probably did the right thing. Chances are that it's nothing but you never know. People knew about the Orlando shooter and the guy and his wife in California but thought it was nothing. Too bad they didn't speak up.
Our local (Miami) news reported that several people had informed authorities that the Orlando shooter was a danger to society. Apparently, they were "watching" him, but they never acted on the threat. So many people are worried about big brother interfering in their lives, that law enforcement can't do anything to legal citizens, until they act on the threat. It appears Americans have a right to threaten anyone they want, without recourse. Authorities will only take action, after they actually kill someone. :sad2: That was the case in the Orlando shooting, anyway. :mad: That may not be true everywhere.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter