Getting very frustrated

cancel ! what for, you booked 2 studios you wanted (at 11 months) so your trip is still there. You cancel your trip because you can't get a 2 bed. Must be something else going on.
Just do the WL and go and enjoy yourself with your friends.

Just saw your new ressie, have fun

I do think you will have a hard time at the 7 month trying to get into the BW or BC for those dates, but that doesn't mean it's impossible. If I were you, I'd book my home resort and waitlist for BW or BC.

That being said, after the situation I found myself in, I spoke to all my cousins last night and we all decided that we will shoot for the weekend before our original dates, which is the first weekend in November. I was ready to have to wait til April 1st - the 7th month mark for my dates, to get into any resort on property, which is definitely not preferable.

However, after cancelling the trip for the 8th-11th online, I took a look at the online booking for the first weekend in November and low and behold!!! it was available. I grabbed a two bedroom garden/pool view at the BW for our new dates! Woo hooo! Guess this is the way it's supposed to work out!

Good luck and don't give up. While we had to change our dates, at least I'm where I want to be with whom I want to be!

Thats's fab so glad you got something! I am very open to the fact I probably wont get anything that first week and especially over the weekend when the marathon is on but hoping for something the following week. I am either going to keep my SSR ressie for the first bit or thinking about BLT or WL.

Thats's fab so glad you got something! I am very open to the fact I probably wont get anything that first week and especially over the weekend when the marathon is on but hoping for something the following week. I am either going to keep my SSR ressie for the first bit or thinking about BLT or WL.

Marathon weekend has availabitlity in a standard studio as of this morning... keep your fingers crossed!

Marathon weekend has availabitlity in a standard studio as of this morning... keep your fingers crossed!

Wow thanks! Keeping everything crossed! Not going to be too disappointed though as all the Disney resorts are amazing, falling in love with VWL so may weekend there if there's nothing available!

Anyone got an opinion on the VWL?

I have a reservation at the BW for Nov 8th - 3 nights. It's one of my home resorts and I booked two studios (to save points) at the 11th month mark. A few weeks later, I called back to change to a 2 bedroom, now have 5 women instead of 4 and wanted the space. 2 bedrooms are gone at 10 months out! So I took what I could get, which is a 1 bedroom preferred view (wanted the standard, didn't have any more) and 1 studio, standard view.

Okay, I'm good, except for the fact that I had to take what I could get instead of what I wanted, I'm settling and this is at 10 months out - that's the kicker, but I'm not upset, it's cool. Then the flights just came out. The flight from MCO to JFK on that Sunday is astronomically expensive. Not paying it.

So I call back to see if I can move my rooms to the 9th -12th. NOTHING is available in a 2 bedroom or a studio anywhere, and there's only ONE 1 bedroom left in the whole place. It's still not even at the 7th month window. How can this happen if it's home resort owners only? It's ridiculous that I can't get what I need for the dates I need them as a home resort owner at over 8 months out!

It was not like this a few years back, it's getting insane that home resort owners can't book their own places before the 7 month mark for the dates they need. I understand that it's the last weekend of the F&W festival, but I can't book anywhere else until the 7th month mark and there's no assurance I'll get that then either. I've been (as we all have) sinking a ton of money into Disney vacations (I understand that's by choice) but this is just really starting to tick me off.

We also own at AKV, but those points have been used for next February, I booked that at the 11th month mark as well and I don't want to even consider messing with those points, cause I'm afraid if I look to change it closer in, the same thing will happen with that availabilty too!

Am I being ridiculous in my feelings of frustration, that as a home resort owner before the 7 month mark, I can't get what I need. I never thought it would get so difficult to change a reservation before the 7 month mark, it's getting out of hand, I wish there was a way to fix this for home resort owners. Having to "deal with it" or settle for less that what I go for so far out at my own home resort just doesn't seem right to me. It's why we bought what we bought where we bought and now it just feels like that means nothing. :confused3
You've gotten the reasons why it's busy at WDW but I don't think anyone has addressed the reasons it's different now than it was a few years ago. In part this is due to the effects on the system related to the extra points from SSR. It works like this. More people looking at 7 months out so owners that generally waited now have to book earlier which has a "trickle down" effect back to the 11 month window. Personally I don't see it as a problem but more the way I would have expected it to be. However, there will likely be some movement at the 7 month window as some owners look elsewhere. This should help wait lists as a minimum. Did you wait list any other views?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter