Getting weird page when trying to open DIS using Chrome

I stated in my OP..that I already have a pop up blocker AND an adblocker running..neither one of them are stopping it!

I'm having it too in Chrome on both my home computer and my work computer. Especially at work, we have fantastic adblockers and I am still getting it. I am using IE right now and am not getting them.

I'm not having the issue (knock wood) but has anyone tried using incognito mode?

Since this is only happening on Chrome, have you tried disabling all extensions? Did you have an Chrome extension that recently was updated?

Since this is only happening on Chrome, have you tried disabling all extensions? Did you have an Chrome extension that recently was updated?

I have disabled all extensions, and as far as I know none of them were recently updated. I am on chrome right now, and it's not doing it..and I haven't changed a thing since yesterday, lol!

Well I spoke 2 minutes too soon. It just started doing it again, and I had to switch over to IE to get it to stop. It put my ISP icon in front of the DIS box again :(

Is incognito mode something on a phone? I am using a desktop, and not sure what you are referring to?
Not that I'm aware of. I use it on chrome on my desktop. I was unable to get the Disney website to load on my desktop, and they suggested using an incognito window. It worked like a charm. It's a private browsing session. With chrome, it's an option under the menu accessed by the 3 dots in the upper right corner. It has worked like a charm for me with the Disney site. No idea if it will help with this, but it's worth a try.

Last edited:

Funnily enough, I did not get that malicious splash screen when opening DIS, but I did get it when I clicked on the title of this thread! Twice, actually. But the third time I clicked on it, it worked. Obviously one of the ads has malicious code embedded in it.

How do you know this?

I found this info elsewhere on the forum:

Whenever you find something on the boards that isn't working, use the "contact us" link at the very bottom of this page to let the webmaster know.

It's my understanding that the mods/admins don't necessarily monitor this forum. Mostly it's people who may have had the same questions answering others. If you have an issue, you need to contact them directly.
Not that I'm aware of. I use it on chrome on my desktop. I was unable to get the Disney website to load on my desktop, and they suggested using an incognito window. It worked like a time. It's a private browsing session. With chrome, it's an option under the menu accessed by the 3 dots in the upper right corner. It has worked like a charm for me with the Disney site. No idea if it will help with this, but it's worth a try.

THANK YOU! Going to try that now!

That seems to work, it opened on Chrome without the splash screen,,again thank you so much. I never knew incognito existed, or maybe I've seen it and it's just nothing I ever needed to use!

Funnily enough, I did not get that malicious splash screen when opening DIS, but I did get it when I clicked on the title of this thread! Twice, actually. But the third time I clicked on it, it worked. Obviously one of the ads has malicious code embedded in it.

I don't get any ads, since I am using an adblocker. All I have to do is click my DIS shortcut, the DIS opens up, and that splash screen pops up on and replaces it

Well I thought it worked...but I just opened it in incognito on chrome and the splash screen popped up there too :( I give up..I'll just use IE for the DIS until/if the issue is ever fixed

Just remembered that we have firefox on the desktop too. I'm on the DIS on firefox,and so far no splash screen. It's just a pain to have to remember which browser to use for this site!

Only from this site on my phone for a couple years .......... now it's only from this site on my computer. Scans all done but when it is only ONE location that it is coming from - it's not a problem on my end ... I see it as either something that has been allowed for revenue or it's something that has hacked the site and being ignored. Either way it's for sure a deterrent to come to this site.

I am sorry that you are getting it also, but I'm glad https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...pam-congratulations-you-won-popups.3750988/to know that I am not imagining it! I am going to try putting this on the tech board to see if they have any suggestions, but I have tried that in the past and gotten nowhere with problems! :(

We've been reporting this for ages, there's already a thread about it. Tech doesn't give a hoot. Best suggestion? Turn off Javascript.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-spam-congratulations-you-won-popups.3750988/

The fact that your ISP icon shows up at all (on the popup or wherever). It's just ...weird.

I know..that is what was throwing me. At the top of my page, in the address bar. Right now it shows the blue DIS box, then the address of the page I went to. The other day, when those splash things started showing up, it put my ISP's icon there instead of the DIS one. I also had it as a shortcut on the Chrome bar and it changed it there too. I deleted the history and closed Chrome out and opened it back up , and it was back to the DIS one, until the splash page came back, and it had changed it again. That's why I reported it to my ISP, so they could see that something was using their logo illegally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter