• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gilmore Girls ...

He's only in the fourth episode and just for a few minutes so you might want to skip ahead to that one. ;) It was the best one anyway!

LOL - that's exactly what I did! I was a little disappointed his part was so small though. Not used to hearing him called 'Dean' :)

Can someone please Pm me and tell me what the last four words are? I don't have Netflix and I have no real desire to watch the episodes. There's just been so much speculation that I'm curious..

ETA- I went online and found about a million articles with 'the words'. All I can say is LAME..

Last edited:

Watching all 4 episodes today was the perfect lazy day. I loved it and I hope they continue it. I'm 100% Team Jess and still have hope for him & Rory!

I have always been team Jess also - he's the best fit for Rory and always seems able to get her back on track when she's having a crisis, like when she dropped out of Yale. They just needed to grow up a bit first before they could be the perfect match for each other. I really hope they do more episodes!

I only watched the musical sequence because I love Sutton Foster and Christian Borle. They were great. I was surprised and delighted to see Carole King on there too. Sutton's song near the end killed me. Oh, and I watched a minute or two of Kelly Bishop because I'm a big fan of A Chorus Line. Her acting seemed really good. Yay for theatre people!

I only watched the musical sequence because I love Sutton Foster and Christian Borle. They were great. I was surprised and delighted to see Carole King on there too. Sutton's song near the end killed me. Oh, and I watched a minute or two of Kelly Bishop because I'm a big fan of A Chorus Line. Her acting seemed really good. Yay for theatre people!

I ended up fast forwarding through the bulk of the musical. I thought it was horrible and way too long for what it was. I did love the song at the end and saw the need for that part but they could have gotten there so much quicker.

I honestly feel like they could have done Winter, Spring, and Summer in one episode. Then Fall and then done two more good episodes after that and not ended with a cliffhanger. But I've seen some speculation online today that there could be a book in the works written from Rory's perspective to tie it all up. They need to do something more because the ending leaves so many unanswered questions given the last four words (which I didn't find lame at all).

I ended up fast forwarding through the bulk of the musical. I thought it was horrible and way too long for what it was. I did love the song at the end and saw the need for that part but they could have gotten there so much quicker.
Wasn't it supposed to be horrible, though? Since Sutton and Christian were the only reasons I watched it, I wish it had been longer. :D But I can see how it might be annoying if you want the plot to move along.

I have to say all in all I was disappointed with it. I finished Fall last night and it just didn't seem like a good extension of the series to me. I'm putting my rant in white text so anybody who doesn't want any spoilers can easily avoid them.

One of my friends said it best, it's like Alexis Bledel forgot how to play Rory though I think it is more that ASP forgot how to write Rory. Initially, I liked that Rory was jet setting all over the place working but then we find out that she is basically aimless. No permanent home, no permanent job. I feel like she lost steam after Yale and was just kind of floating though it did seem like she got it together somewhat at the end so that's good. I really REALLY loathed that she was with Logan again. Ok, sure I'm team Jess so I may be biased but I could have lived with her being in a relationship with Logan if she was really in a relationship with him not sleeping with him when she was in town and his fiance wasn't. It's like we returned to the season 4/season 5 Rory where she slept with married Dean. I just did not like that at all. Then of course there was the boyfriend Paul that everybody kept forgetting. This time it was the season 3 Rory where she is dating the nice guy but drooling over the bad boy on the side. Just no character development for her at all.

I'm glad that Luke and Lorelai ended up getting married and I was pretty satisfied with both of them but what was with the surrogacy story arc? That was just weird. The biggest issue I have with Lorelai in this series is her wanting to "do Wild." Ok, she was going through some life changes, coping with her fathers death and all that, but really? Lorelai Gilmore in nature? I know she didn't end up actually doing it but it was just so out of character for her to do that. I just thought it was way out of left field and totally unrealistic.

While I did enjoy seeing so many characters come back I felt the sheer number of cameos that added absolutely nothing to the story line was bordering on the ridiculous.

The musical was bad but I think it was just one of those wacky Stars Hollow antics that we all know and love.

I was really bummed that Jess didn't get more screen time. I just feel like their story isn't done. Rory and Dean are done, I was satisfied with Jared's screen time there. It is clear that Jess still loves Rory and I really want to see that story line explored somehow.

The famous last four words were disappointing. ASP is a sadist. I hate it when shows end on cliffhangers like that. I mean, it has to be Logan's right? What does that mean? Is he going to leave his fiance and go back to her? Will she want him to? What about Jess? Just too many questions.

I really loved the way they handled Richard's death (I will cop to a few tears at the funeral scene) and Emily's mourning. I loved how she ended up. While I wouldn't have pegged her to be one to sell everything and seek a simpler life on Nantucket I absolutely loved that she did. And the scene with her wearing jeans and a t shirt while throwing out all her possessions because they don't bring her joy was hysterical and may be my favorite scene of the revival.

I also really loved the Sookie scene. I would have loved for it to be expanded but really, running around sniffing and hollering about other chefs being in her kitchen was great.

I read an online rumor that there was buzz about Rory's book being finished and actually published to tie up some loose ends. I certainly hope that's true because I felt like Emily and Lorelai were pretty well set (though still room for more story I think) Rory was just out there floating in the breeze and it just isn't over yet.

ETA: I was happy with the Life and Death Brigade scene. That was nice to see despite the Logan ickiness. I could have done without her spending the night with him. However, I remain hopeful that we saw some character growth from her as it seemed that she was really dumping him for good. That said, the scene where she was leaving and saying goodbye to the boys was just horrible. It was basically quoting the ending scene from the Wizard of Oz and I just loathed it. I think it was my least favorite scene in the whole series.

I did sort of love that Emily finally found a maid she kept for more than one episode too lol. I loved to see that and I loved that after Richard's death Emily seemed to get past her desire to keep up appearances and her concerns with meeting societies expectations. I think this is the first time we ever really saw Emily and I loved it.

Last edited:
Agree with everything Turn The Page said. I thought there was too much added fluff that was just bizarre and didn't add anything to the storyline, especially that musical. I wish some of those returning cast cameos had been expanded so we were given more of a window into their lives.

And that ending? Clumsily foreshadowed and really disappointing.

Except the ending which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't watched it yet, but holy crap, what a cliff hanger and not what I wanted for that character.

Just remember this was the ending that was suppose to happen 10 years ago...

I have to say all in all I was disappointed with it. I finished Fall last night and it just didn't seem like a good extension of the series to me. I'm putting my rant in white text so anybody who doesn't want any spoilers can easily avoid them.

Thank you!! My daughter and I are the only ones in our circle that were disappointed. Everyone is all "OMG- best episodes EVER" and we just weren't feeling it. We totally agree with your analysis of those scenes.

I realize the ending is what Amy wanted 10 years ago, but she should have adapted to the fact that it is now 10 years later - and, in my opinion, required a different ending. Maybe they are setting us up for another "year in the life"?

I wasn't feeling the 10 years later episodes, either. I watched them all, but found they often dragged (esp the musical) and some of the storylines were pointless and not entertaining (and, in some cases, completely out of character as mentioned above). We just did the Warner Brothers Studio tour a few weeks ago and I was more entertained spotting things we saw in person :laughing:

And... maybe Rory was obnoxious in the original and I didn't notice but I found her insufferable in this reboot. Especially since she was supposed to be a woman in her 30's!

Watched "winter" today, and am enjoying it so far. I didn't read the above in white yet (so this may already have been said) but I'm not buying the:
the surrogate for Luke and Lorelai. I get that they wanted to show how Paris found a way to use both her medical and law studies, but it's just not "them" in my opinion. If they were going to have a kid together, they'd have done it fairly soon after they finally got together. At this point, both their kids are grown, and they can be looking forward to grandkids someday.

Otherwise, though, I'm having fun seeing how things turned out! I loved the opening, with all the
quotes from earlier episodes.

I agree that it seems they went with the ending they wanted ten years ago, and kind of just slapped it onto characters that should be more mature by now. I hated that Rory was with Logan. I loved what they did with Emily's character though and Sookie's scene was spot on - loved it! I, like many others, fast forwarded through the play - it was killing me. Kirk's short film earlier in the shows was hilarious and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but the play was just way too long and drawn out for me.

Overall, there were a lot of really great moments and a few that even made me cry a bit, mostly those involving Richard. I'd give it 1.5 thumbs up, lol.

I feel like this definitely indulged in some needless nostalgia. And the musical was crazy, but in a great way, especially when you consider the caliber of the performers.

I was not surprised that Rory hadn't matured as much as one would expect. She's always had a safety net. Never had to truly worry about paying the bills and putting a roof over her head. She was so repulsed by the 30 something gang, but her existence was just a difference version of theirs. But for me, that was my annoyance with her in the later seasons of the show - she doesn't really acknowledge her privilege.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter