Girl missing since 1999 found - Anyone else hear this?

What a bitter/sweet story! You are so happy she has been returned, but you just HURT for what she must have been through for such a young girl!

I read of another missing child who turned up yesterday as well. This really gives hope to those who are still waiting.
CC

DH told me about this last night.

Poor, poor thing. Bittersweet indeed. :(

There was a girl from here (Houston) that had been missing since Monday. She was found yesterday. She left school during lunch time and went willingly with a stranger she met at a park.

That poor child. I don't even want to think of what she's been through with 2 children of her own.

What an incredible story. That child, with 2 children of her own, must have lived a nightmare.

What a loss of her childhood. I am glad she is home safe with her family now. Her mother must be so relieved.

Melanie

Oh the things I'd like to do that that donkey that kidnapped her!:mad:

I'm glad she was able to get away. I can't imagine the hell she's had to go through for 4 years. You can tell in her eyes in that pic that she's been through too much at such a young age.:( I can't imagine how terrified she was at 12 yo becoming a mother for the first time.:(

Bless her heart. I can't imagine having a child in a foreign country far away from my family, when I was only 12.

I'm glad she is safe and back home again.

An unbelievable story, yet, it gives hope to the many who are left behind. And what about the suffering of the mother, she admits to considering suicide, but she managed to stay strong for the sake of her daughter.

Originally posted by browneyes
Oh the things I'd like to do that that donkey that kidnapped her!:mad:

We'll take turns holding him down Shannon!:mad: :mad:

I had not heard of this story prior to this thread.
I can't believe that the guy was her neighbor! Didn't the police investigate the coincidental disappearance of him too?????:confused:

Nope, it does not look like the same story. Let me see if I can find the story somewhere else. CNN is very slow right now. It is such a sad/happy/angry story.

I can finally read it! That is absolutely horrible. Thank goodness she's back home.

That story was picked up by the AP from our local paper, The Charlotte Observer. The Observer story is longer. Here are few more details:

She disappeared from a tiny town and when a new sheriff took office a few months ago, he opened the case back up. His efforts did not lead to her discovery, though.

She was an A student who could read before she started school and apparently has not been to school the past four years. Instead, according to her mother, she has learned to make cheese and butter and to wash clothes with her hands. Her mother says after she gets settled, she wants to get her back in school.

She now speaks broken English with a Spanish acccent.

Had apparently been living in Tepic, Mexico.

Authorities believe the man is living in the United States. He was 18 at the time of the abduction. He is charged with statutory rape and kidnapping.

Dana told her mother that she is a different person than when she left -- that would be an understatement!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter