Girl Scout National Convention in WDW

DopeyDame

DIS Veteran
Girl Scouts USA just posted all of the registration info for 2023 National Convention and Phenom by Girl Scouts in July 2023.
Is anyone going? Any insight into what activities will be at Phenom?
I'm seriously considering going with my Junior (as a family, not as a troop) but it's all pricey!
I'm really intrigued by the "Epcot Education Day" but there's so little info about what that is.

I'd love to share with others who are planning on going!

Oh, I need to look into this and discuss it with the troop leaders. I’ll be interested to see if anyone has insight into it

Girl Scouts USA just posted all of the registration info for 2023 National Convention and Phenom by Girl Scouts in July 2023.
Is anyone going? Any insight into what activities will be at Phenom?
I'm seriously considering going with my Junior (as a family, not as a troop) but it's all pricey!
I'm really intrigued by the "Epcot Education Day" but there's so little info about what that is.

I'd love to share with others who are planning on going!
Oh, I need to look into this and discuss it with the troop leaders. I’ll be interested to see if anyone has insight into it

DW has 2 Troops plus Mariner Program and had 1 MAJOR question so she asked, then hit contact button and already received a reply.

Oooh I want to attend Phenom! The bulk of my troop are Ambassadors entering 12th grade. My youngest two are Seniors entering 10th. All will bridge next summer to either Ambassador or Adult, and fingers crossed we'll have 3 Gold Awards to recognize.

My daughters and I already have APs and we have DVC so we might be able to use that..... Just pay the Phenom fee. Driving from TN isn't fun, but doable.

Oooh I want to attend Phenom! The bulk of my troop are Ambassadors entering 12th grade. My youngest two are Seniors entering 10th. All will bridge next summer to either Ambassador or Adult, and fingers crossed we'll have 3 Gold Awards to recognize.

My daughters and I already have APs and we have DVC so we might be able to use that..... Just pay the Phenom fee. Driving from TN isn't fun, but doable.
Oh what an awesome way to bridge to adult!

My guess is the education day will involve some YES classes designed for scouts of different levels. That's what they did for the GS centennial celebration at Epcot, and it really was a lot of fun. Not cheap, as you said, but my mom and I pooled our resources to take my girls and it was definitely worth the trip. DD20 is still in social media contact with a couple of girls she met at the event.

I am an alternate delegate but of course no one in our council is likely to back out of an all expenses paid trip to Disney! I still plan to bring my daughter with a few other mother/daughter groups from our troop. We are all booking independently, but hoping for an awesome “girls trip.” Our girls are Brownies-Cadettes! $299 seems to be a sweet deal for Contemporary for current times so we may stay there, but since Coronado is where the action is, we are on the fence!

I am taking my troop to Phenom. I am also curious about the "epcot experience day" and what all that might consist of.

Thanks for the warning. I'll have to try to remember to avoid the parks that week.
My thoughts exactly!

Went years ago during one of those cheer events, they had fun which was nice & all but I wish I had known in advance.
them: :jumping1:party:

me, too many squads: :crazy2:

Hope the scouts have fun and share pictures.

Bumping this thread so I don’t recreate with the same topic. I’m taking my daughter for the three day portion from July 18-20. We are booked at Coronado since it appears to be where many of the events are taking place. Since we’ve never been before I’d love to hear from those who have been, what to expect!?

She is bridging this year from cadettes to seniors. I’ve signed her up for the bridging ceremony and the Epcot experience.

No one else from our troop is attending and we don’t know any others so it’d be nice to find a few folks here as well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter