Girlfriend & I will be visiting in May - not doing parks!

treloarf

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have any ideas for 2 middle aged ladies w/o kids & hubby's this trip. We aren't planning on going to the parks - we'll be staying at the BCV in Mid May. We will not have a car. We thought about La Nouba but it's closed in mid-May.

The Boardwalk is a lot of fun at night. Lots of street performers and fun atmosphere. You could use Disney transportation to do a resort tour that's always fun, too. Go to Downtown Disney to shop and perhaps see a movie. Eat at one of the great restaurants there.

Pleasure Island is fun, if you don't want to dance and/or drink you could spend an entire evening at the Adventurer's Club, it's a smokefree and fun environment.

Take a cab to one of the Orlando dinner theatres?

Too bad Cirque will be dark when you are there, it is awesome.

Katholyn

I'll bet I'll probably see you hanging around in the Adventurers Club in May.

How about a spa treatment? A friend and I went to the Disney Institute Spa for a day of pampering while our DHs went golfing. It was wonderful!!!!

Take a tour (or two). There are many that provide a wonderful behind-the-scenes look at WDW.

Take a cab and head to Celebration, it's an interesting place to spend a few hours shopping/dining.

Visit the WDW hotels- all are accessible using WDW transportation.

Enjoy!

How would I find out about the behind the scene tours. I think that would be really great to do & then when I go back with the kids I could say "do you know how they do that, etc."

Did you know that the Flower & Garden Festival will be at Epcot in May? If you like gardens/flowers, it might be worth spending one day there, since you're so close (You could probably smell the flowers from your villa! ..lol.. )

Some other ideas--

Ft. Wilderness:
You can take the bus to MK, then a boat over there--You could rent bikes, kayaks, or canoes; go horseback riding; of course, there's the Hoop-de-Doo Review, too!

Wilderness Lodge:
The boat to FW stops there, and it's such an interesting place--They have free tours, too. Whispering Canyon Cafe is a fun place to eat, also.

GF/FW:
Rent water mice! (the ones at the Yacht Club don't go as fast, and there's a lot more to see over in the lagoon & lake) My friend & I rented these on my birthday last year from the GF, and we had a ball!!

GF:
Afternoon tea, my dears???

Whatever you do, enjoy!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter