Girls Only Disneyland Trip!! Old thread. New link in first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic: My brother is scared to death of the Elephant Man. Always has been. My parents took us to see it when we were kids and it scarred him for life. Now he is in his 30's, was a Marine for years, worked all over the world, been to Iraq even, did some work in intel and counter-intel, works for some company that he can't speak of, but is scared of the Elephant man. As a joke I bought him the movie two years ago. He freaked out and refused to take it home. Its still sitting in my family room.

:lmao: I love that! It's always nice to know that men get scared too!

DD & I spent today at DL. Well, from 8 am to 1 pm when the rain came and we had to go. It was so uncrowded. We went on Nemo first thing and only waited ten minutes! It was wonderful. We got a lot done in five hours actually. And I have to say...

WE BOTH LOVE IT'S A SMALL WORLD WITH THE NEW CHANGES!!! IT IS SO CUTE AND WELL DONE:dance3:

Lucky girl! I wish I spent the day in Disneyland. I'm glad you both had such a great time! :goodvibes

NIght all. I need to do about an hour of ironing before I go to bed. Gotta love the joy of that!!

See you soon!!

AmySue

I'm pokin' my head in to the new thread...

Hey, was hopin' you all could help me out, here. Especially those who will be around on Monday. Zoe is joining me sometime on Sunday. Her birthday is Monday. Due to finances, it's only going to be she and I at DL for her bday. We didn't renew DH's pass, and can't afford to do a pass for him. Sooo, I'm trying to think of ways to make it really special for her. What ideas do you have?

I'm pokin' my head in to the new thread...

Hey, was hopin' you all could help me out, here. Especially those who will be around on Monday. Zoe is joining me sometime on Sunday. Her birthday is Monday. Due to finances, it's only going to be she and I at DL for her bday. We didn't renew DH's pass, and can't afford to do a pass for him. Sooo, I'm trying to think of ways to make it really special for her. What ideas do you have?

Wear matching shirts, tiaras and the like. Have breakfast at Minnie's, go to PFF, or Fairy Hallow. Or the birthday party at the plaza.

You can also decorate the room for her if you wanted to. Or if you guys eat at Mimis with us, let her have birthday cake for breakfast.

Not only get her a birthday button, make her a sash and let her been "queen" for a day.

Great new home!:goodvibes

I only have two more days of work and then I am on vacation!:cool1: I have vacation brain.

I hope you all have a wonderful day and don't get into too much trouble on the thread today.:smokin:

happy+monday.jpg

Yikes!

Don't have time to read and catch up, but wanted to get the thread "earmarked" before I lost you guys!!

Have a nice day!:flower3:

Michelle... I have a cute tiara for her.. and also i have some princess decorations and a little party pack of tiaras we can take to lunch and wear.

Do You want me to bring them? Or send them to you ahead of time, so You can see what You have?

ALso you could make her a one of a kind hoodie. Go through your families old disney t shirts and find some that theme together when cut apart.. then hand sew them on a zip up hoodie for zoe. Use colorful yarn to stitch the patches on, adding flowers here and there. Line the inner hood of the hoodie with a disney themed patterned fabric, i used old pjs. It's a great project to create a one of a kind gift. Plus it recycles. I love reconstructed hoodies. I'm bringing my alice in wonderland one on the trip and my mom is bringing one i made for her that'd disney themed.

The birthday sash is Super cute!! What a great idea, Stacie:goodvibes
You could secure it at the hip with the birthday button.

... let her have birthday cake for breakfast.

Mmmm - cake for breakfast! (I can't find the cake smillie anymore)

That's why I love my Downy Wrinkle Releaser!

I think I need to try that. I can't iron properly (but thank the Good Lord that DH can and he does it REALLY well!)

ALso you could make her a one of a kind hoodie. Go through your families old disney t shirts and find some that theme together when cut apart.. then hand sew them on a zip up hoodie for zoe. Use colorful yarn to stitch the patches on, adding flowers here and there. Line the inner hood of the hoodie with a disney themed patterned fabric, i used old pjs. It's a great project to create a one of a kind gift. Plus it recycles. I love reconstructed hoodies. I'm bringing my alice in wonderland one on the trip and my mom is bringing one i made for her that'd disney themed.

Wow, that sounds really cool. I think I am awesome because I painted glitter on Tink's wings (and that's really about the extent of my ability to do anything creative :rolleyes:)

Off to work........................

Here's an example of the inner hoodie lining
121zak2.jpg

Front right
1o6mjb.jpg

Lower back
syaww0.jpg

Down the sleeve
n6tctj.jpg

back of pull over hoodie
2mrhe0y.jpg

Morning all! Michelle, I know you will find a great way to make her birthday special. If you want the extra days on my pass, they are yours. I will be using it on Monday, but if you want to surprise her with an extra day, the pass is yours...say the word. You were so kind and helpful to me on the phone. I'd love to do something for you! :wizard:

Nathan has therapy this morning, and I think I have the new place is good shape. We did not sleep well last night, and I'm dragging. My coffee machine broke, and I'm in need of a fix.

Are there coffee machines in the rooms at Hojo's? If not, MickyD's will have to do...they have great coffee, but watch out it's hot! :thumbsup2

I just love the look of a fresh new thread, thanks Beth for fixing another one up for us. I'm going to miss you all after the trip, and am going to go through withdrawls....can we start planning the 2010 trip immediately??? Please??? I'm going to miss you all. :hug:

Happy Monday and what a surprise to find a new thread, and fun that it's already full of witty banter. :rotfl:

JANE - thanks for offering to split the Cookie Boat. :goodvibes Honestly, I'm just still undecided about what I want to do on Fri night after the DVC tour. I've never been to Napa Rose either and the idea of a night-cap and then heading back to bed early is an option I would love to leave open for myself.

It looks like some spaces have opened up at the BB which is a good thing so some ladies can join at the last minute if they desire? Or some can just mosey on over to the Napa Rose for an irish coffee. I think I want to be able to be spontaneous after the DVC tour is over and decide what sounds good at that moment. Hope that's ok? :flower3:

Well, I've gotta get school started with the kiddos and I'm taking Cricket to see a trainer this afternoon. Hopefully it doesn't rain us out like yesterday's agility show was.

Later taters!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter