Girls Only Trip (old thread, link to new thread in first post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick drive by to ask Tracey if she got the check I sent her a few weeks ago for the VIP tour. I just balanced my checkbook, and it's the only thing outstanding. If you didn't get it, let me know and I'm sorry! If you did get it....when ya goin to cash it? Thanks!

Oh, and those shoes look fab Beth! :laughing: I think you should wear them on Friday so you look 'real special' when you get your photo with the Princesses! :thumbsup2

Hi Heather, Yes, Yes, I did. Sorry, just waiting for the last two checks so I can stuff all that money someplace I won't spend it. I will probably cash in the next few weeks:)

Me too! Thanks for the link.

I will also be doing the transfer thing, so we can match!! Even if they are a little crooked and off-center :rotfl:

There are some good Disney ringtones on there, I just downloaded a Pirates one that I'm going to set as my DS's ringtone and I made and uploaded the Grim Grinning Ghosts as well for my DH's ringtone. My oldest DD is Sleeping Beauty and my younger DD just got her cell phone (YAY! no more sharing) and I haven't set hers yet.

She won't be home until May and I'm going to miss her more than even I can imagine!! I know it's a great experience and all that, but sheesh! I'm a MOM, and it's really hard thinking about her being gone for so long. I did get her and I webcams that hopefully we can get set up today to make sure they work. But I'm SO NOT looking forward to Thursday :sad:

For the record, I am ironing mine on too. I have practiced one and the words came out backwards, but don't worry, I bought 24 sheets so should be able to get it right eventually.

Oh, I can't even imagine one of my kids gone for so long. I know your daughter will be okay, so I will pray for you to have strength in coping with missing her:)

I think I have missed the ringtone boat. So thanks for the info, I will check all that out and see if I can bring myself up to speed.

TTFN
Tracey

And from Nathan: :cool1: :) :3dglasses :woohoo: :wizard: :cheer2: :scared1: :moped:

Stacie, I'm planning on making my own T (with a little help from Dan, of course).

You know I will be praying for you and Christine's trip to DC, as well as her semester in Uganda. You guys going to use skype?

Stacie, I'm planning on making my own T (with a little help from Dan, of course).

You know I will be praying for you and Christine's trip to DC, as well as her semester in Uganda. You guys going to use skype?

Yes, we are. I'm downloading and setting it up today. Have you used it before? I know Christine already installed it, but I don't think she's used it yet.

Howdy all. I am back from my running. I went and fed the rents cats and picked up the pics from the birthday parties and then stopped in at walmart to get Katy's lightbulb for her easybake cuz she was driving me nuts about it (the oven takes a 100 watt bulb to cook with). And while we were there one of the checkers got hauled out in an ambulance so that was my excitement for the day!

But anyway we were looking in the dvd section and they had these movie packs and we got mean girls, clueless and she's the man for 13.00. Can't beat that. 3 movies for 13.00. They aren't blue ray of course. Even though we have blue ray I told Shane I have NO intention of buying any blue ray movies unless they are action films or whatever and even then I will probably wait till they go on sale LOL. I can't stomach paying those prices. Plus I don't see the point of buying a comedy or drama in Blue ray. When he got our player he was able to get 2 movies free (it was part of the promo) so he bought 300 and Phantom of the opera and to be quite honest I could not tell the difference. So I told him unless it was something like Star Wars or something with really good graphics I saw no point in spending the extra money. It still plays regular dvds just fine!

Anyway so I am off to watch the movies with the girls.

Have fun and talk to you gals later. :)

Stacielee... I'll be keeping You and Your Daughter in my Prayers.. i've read of her trip on your signature.. and been watching how close it was getting to the date. Our son went for a semester in Japan and it was very wonderful for him... it just opened up the world.
May her travels be safe and fill her spirit in the most wonderous of ways.:hug:

And lastly, for anyone who prays, please pray for my oldest DD and I. She and I will be flying to Washington DC on Tuesday and then on Thursday she flies to Uganda for a study-abroad semester. She won't be home until May and I'm going to miss her more than even I can imagine!! I know it's a great experience and all that, but sheesh! I'm a MOM, and it's really hard thinking about her being gone for so long. I did get her and I webcams that hopefully we can get set up today to make sure they work. But I'm SO NOT looking forward to Thursday :sad:

I'll be sending good wishes to you and your daughter for a safe trip and a wonderful semester in Uganda. :wizard: I think it is WONDERFUL that you are supporting her on this trip. I went to Moscow, Russia after I graduated college (we didn't have semester abroad at the time) and it was one of the best things I ever did. It really broadened my horizons and just gave me a whole new perspective on the world and myself. It was hard -- I had culture shock and the whole bit -- but it was one of the most valuable experiences I ever had. I applaud you for supporting your daughter to experience such a wonderful adventure. And I will be sending her positive wishes for a safe and educational journey.

And have a great trip to DC. What an exciting time to be there!

This week will be Priority Seating time!! I'm going to call tomorrow morning and try to make the reservations for Blue Bayou. Also for one table for Carnation Cafe.
I need Mary Jo, 21Yankees, jordansmomma, and disney-super-mom to call for Carnation Cafe too.

I'm not sure if the 60 days includes the day of the reservation or not. If not, then I should be able to make them tomorrow. If so, then I'll have to wait until Tuesday morning.

This week will be Priority Seating time!! I'm going to call tomorrow morning and try to make the reservations for Blue Bayou. Also for one table for Carnation Cafe.
I need Mary Jo, 21Yankees, jordansmomma, and disney-super-mom to call for Carnation Cafe too.

I'm not sure if the 60 days includes the day of the reservation or not. If not, then I should be able to make them tomorrow. If so, then I'll have to wait until Tuesday morning.

I think it may include the day of the reservation (ie calling on Tuesday for the 6th's meals). Anyone know off hand? I can't call tomorrow morning (I'll be at a mandatory run) :headache: so I'm hoping it's Tuesday.

steph

I can call tomorrow morning. Not a problem.:thumbsup2

Oh, and guess what? In our never-ending-snowfall, our sheriff has ordered all public schools and universities in Spokane County closed tomorrow. UGH!:sad2:

(My kids have had one day of school in the last 30 days. I swear, I might have to start homeschooling. DH has them at the kitchen table right now doing some reading and workbook pages because.....well, they NEED to! Use it or lose it, right?):cheer2:

Oh, and guess what? In our never-ending-snowfall, our sheriff has ordered all public schools and universities in Spokane County closed tomorrow. UGH!:sad2:

(My kids have had one day of school in the last 30 days. I swear, I might have to start homeschooling. DH has them at the kitchen table right now doing some reading and workbook pages because.....well, they NEED to! Use it or lose it, right?):cheer2:

I heard that there is another storm on the way. I am really ready for winter to be over!!

Can you send me the number. Table of 6 correct?

I think it may include the day of the reservation (ie calling on Tuesday for the 6th's meals). Anyone know off hand? I can't call tomorrow morning (I'll be at a mandatory run) :headache: so I'm hoping it's Tuesday.

steph
I actually think you are right, so don't worry if you can't call tomorrow. I'm going to anyway, just in case they let me sneak it in, since I am reserving for Blue Bayou too, but I have a feeling it will have to be Tuesday morning.

I bet your kids were really happy about that news!! LOL

Can you send me the number. Table of 6 correct?
Yep, we are all booking a table for 6 except Capri who's booking for four.
Here is the number : Disney Dining (714) 781-DINE (3463)

If it doesn't work for tomorrow, we can just call on Tuesday. I've got to get my kids off to school in the morning but I'll post as soon as I can if it worked or not. :thumbsup2

Hopefully making multiple reservations for Carnation Cafe works and we are all able to get in at or around the same time. (5:00) If not, maybe we can think of a Plan B. Plaza Inn maybe? Or Cafe Orleans? We'll see what happens first. :wizard:

I'll try after the run (really don't want to do that tomorrow morning).... to make the reservation just in case. If they say that I can't do, then I will do it on Tuesday (nothing going on until 730...as opposed to 615 tomorrow)

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph

And lastly, for anyone who prays, please pray for my oldest DD and I. She and I will be flying to Washington DC on Tuesday and then on Thursday she flies to Uganda for a study-abroad semester. She won't be home until May and I'm going to miss her more than even I can imagine!! I know it's a great experience and all that, but sheesh! I'm a MOM, and it's really hard thinking about her being gone for so long. I did get her and I webcams that hopefully we can get set up today to make sure they work. But I'm SO NOT looking forward to Thursday :sad:

Stacie: prayers to you and Christine . . . . that the time will fly before you know it and she'll be home!

I'll try after the run (really don't want to do that tomorrow morning).... to make the reservation just in case. If they say that I can't do, then I will do it on Tuesday (nothing going on until 730...as opposed to 615 tomorrow)

Hope you all have a nice evening.

steph
OK, thanks. Good luck on your run. Although running at 6:15 in the morning should be outlawed. :scared1:

Hi Hi Girlie Girls..

I'm Just Checking because we are making up the participant packs for the Scavenger Hunt....

Is everyone that wants to play signed up?

Speak now or forever hold your peas:rotfl:

Sorry i've been hanging out with twin 4 year olds all afternoon:goodvibes

I just want to make sure as we don't leave anyone out.

Those of you playing.. We will have 3.. first place winners.. 3 ..second place winners.. and 3 ...third place winners..

Why 3.. cuz the teams are teams of three.:teacher:

I'll check back later.. we are going to watch Peter Pan now.:banana:

Not sure if I'm signed up but I want to play!

Who are the Twilight fans in our group again? I think it was Wendy, Cristabel, and Callie.
Anyway, I just finished reading Eclipse. It took me a week which is forever compared to New Moon which I finished in about 24 hours. I'm not sure about reading Breaking Dawn. I read about it online and it seems weird. Is it any good?

You can add me. And actually, I liked the last book the best. It was the only one that I stayed up late to finish. I think it comes down to if you're "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob"--and for me, I'm "Team Edward" all the way. (the Edward I picture from reading the book, not the one from the movie.)

That looks like someone I used to date.

LOL--looks like my latest ex!!!!!

The last book is a little weird, for sure (not as good as the first one). Your spoilers are close, but not quite right (the first one is totally correct though - but you have to read the book to understand why). For the second spoiler, think of their skin - hard as marble, right? No baby eating involved though! She explains about the "imprinting" thing and not to worry - Jacob is not a creepy pedophile.

You should read the book though, just to see how it all ends. Now, if she would only finish writing Midnight Sun, that would be great! What little bit there is seems to be the most interesting of the bunch (and I am a Twilight fan - although I'm not sure about the hairdos in the movie - Jasper looked a little strange!)

Hmmmm--what is Midnight Sun?????

Ok ladies, went to DLR today and saw Michelle (Zoemakes5) and MaryJo (aka MaryJo). Also saw some other Disboarders--pixiewings 71, wendypooh22 (we are trying to get her to come on the ladies' only trip), ShyBoy and some others I'm not remembering at the moment (oh! Yellow Mickey Ponchos/Nancy). It was fun. I was worried that it was going to be a crazy day because at 8:30 the line to get in the parking garage was like 30 cars deep. And security was 10-15 minutes. But the park wasn't that bad--went on IASWH--it was cute, but I didn't smell anything special like peppermint? Went on Buzz twice, rode the train around and pretty much didn't ride anything else. Just drank in the sights and sounds. One funny--this Asian couple (looked like maybe from japan?) taking pictures of each other eating one of the giant turkey legs!

Anyway, it was a lovely day and I'm tired.

Not sure if I'm signed up but I want to play!

You can add me. And actually, I liked the last book the best. It was the only one that I stayed up late to finish. I think it comes down to if you're "Team Edward" or "Team Jacob"--and for me, I'm "Team Edward" all the way. (the Edward I picture from reading the book, not the one from the movie.)

Hmmmm--what is Midnight Sun?????

Ok ladies, went to DLR today and saw Michelle (Zoemakes5) and MaryJo (aka MaryJo). Also saw some other Disboarders--pixiewings 71, wendypooh22 (we are trying to get her to come on the ladies' only trip), ShyBoy and some others I'm not remembering at the moment (oh! Yellow Mickey Ponchos/Nancy). It was fun. I was worried that it was going to be a crazy day because at 8:30 the line to get in the parking garage was like 30 cars deep. And security was 10-15 minutes. But the park wasn't that bad--went on IASWH--it was cute, but I didn't smell anything special like peppermint? Went on Buzz twice, rode the train around and pretty much didn't ride anything else. Just drank in the sights and sounds. One funny--this Asian couple (looked like maybe from japan?) taking pictures of each other eating one of the giant turkey legs!

Anyway, it was a lovely day and I'm tired.

Cheryl, the list is on the front page and yep, you are on it! :thumbsup2

I am totally Team Jacob. I like my men tall, dark and handsome. :love:

Midnight Sun is a book she started that tells Twilight from Edward's POV. You can find it on her website. She stopped writing it because it was leaked out to the public and that upset her.

Sounds like a fun day!!! Wendypooh22 was on our list at one point. Hopefully she can make it after all.

Hey all! I had a good but busy day at work.

I'm glad that there will be several of us 'iron on girls' during the trip. Just so you all know, if mine's crooked....I meant it to be that way. It's 'artistic'! ;)

Thanks for reaffirming that you got the check Tracey. :goodvibes The OCD side of me likes to have things all in order. I'm sure things will work out soon.

Stacie, I'm sending lots of prayers for you and your DD. :goodvibes

Beth, are we making enough Carnation Cafe ressies for everyone including the VIP folks? I just worry that if we wait, we might not get the same time...especially with so many other 'large parties' (you all!). I'm more than willing to call to make ressies. Let me know if you need any other help. I think the day will be Tuesday also. I thought Wed would be good for making our 8th Club 33 ressie, but when I talked with the member I know today, he said he would call Thursday morning. It makes sense that it would be a day ahead though...Jan has 31 days, Feb has 28.....so one day early.

Talk with you all later!

Heather

Hey all! I had a good but busy day at work.

Beth, are we making enough Carnation Cafe ressies for everyone including the VIP folks? I just worry that if we wait, we might not get the same time...especially with so many other 'large parties' (you all!). I'm more than willing to call to make ressies. Let me know if you need any other help. I think the day will be Tuesday also. I thought Wed would be good for making our 8th Club 33 ressie, but when I talked with the member I know today, he said he would call Thursday morning. It makes sense that it would be a day ahead though...Jan has 31 days, Feb has 28.....so one day early.

Talk with you all later!

Heather

I already asked the VIP gal to reserve a table or tables for our tour. At the time, I said 4:30. I was going to call and change it to 5:00, but now I am thinking that perhaps we leave it at 4:30, then show up at 4:30, probably getting seated at 4:45 or so. Then if everyone else gets a 5:00 seating, and shows up at 4:40, we are likely to have a good overlap. I am concerned if we all try to get our bookings at 5:00 that we won't be able to. Any feedback on that thought Beth?? I will shot the gal an email tomorrow to reconfirm the reservation, and can adjust the time then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter