Girl's Thread - It's Where It's At.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm 15, and barely trusted. I mean, to be home alone for a few hours, sure. But not to go with anyone my parents barely know.

Exactly.

Im just 1 year younger then you, and even I know its stupid and immature.

You may think its "mature' because its alcohol, but the decision is stupid and immature.

My view of maturity may be different then most, but i still feel is unnecessary.

Its not "cool" and its most definitely not something i would be doing...EVER.

I may have a glass of wine with my dinner when i get older, but right now the concept of drinking is absolutely ridiculous!

14 and drinking?

Get real.

It may seem like we're ganging up on you, but we're not. We just don't want to get hurt, or get in trouble.

Obviously though, if this is what you like to do, that is your own personal decision. You are old enough to be aware of the consequences that may follow.

Really? She thinks a 14 year old is responsible? Thats unbelievable to me.
But I am responsible for my age. I have never done anything like this before in my life and I really think that is why I did it in the first place.

Why feel the need to drink?

Whats wrong with sodas or sparkling cider for partys?

:confused3

Juniors and seniors shouldnt even be drinking.

Not until 21!!!
True, they shouldn't be drinking until they are 21, but people do and the guy that drove me had nothing to drink. I made sure of that before I left and if he would have I would have called my mom and went home with her.

Like going to a party with people way older than you isn't dangerous?
Yeah that's up to your mom, but all it takes is one drink...
So no one said it was wrong to be dating a guy who is 16, but all of the sudden it is wrong to attend parties with guys and girls of that age or one year older.:confused3

I am not saying what I did was the right thing. It was my first party. I was experimenting with it. I may never drink again until I am 21. IDK if I will or won't, but as for yesterday I had a great time and did not get in any danger.

You didnt get in any danger or trouble at this party...but the next party, or the next party with drinks, you might not be so lucky.

Watch or read the book Speak. It's about a 14 year old girl who goes to an adult party and shes responsible, straight B student, and ends up drinking at the party. I dont want to see ANYTHING bad happening to you, Em. Just because you think your mature and responsible doesnt mean you should be drinking with juniors and seniors, if a cop went by that house and saw alcohol and minors, you would have gotten in some serious trouble.

Did your mom know the guy that was driving you to and from the party?
That's another thing...my parents would NEVER let me get in a car with someone they didn't know.

Dating a guy who is 16 is different. That isn't much of an age difference. But, really 14 is still soooo young, and you are still learning from right and wrong. But maybe if your BF keeps taking you to these parties, maybe you need to part different ways. I bet your mom would think differently of you, if you told her you drank.

When you get drunk, you can't control what is happening around you. People could take advantage of you, and god forbid but Chris could take control of you when your drunk. You shouldnt be drunk at age 14, you shouldnt like the taste of wine coolers but hate the taste of beer at 14.
Lexi, when did I say I was drunk. I had a wine cooler.

It may seem like we're ganging up on you, but we're not. We just don't want to get hurt, or get in trouble.

Obviously though, if this is what you like to do, that is your own personal decision. You are old enough to be aware of the consequences that may follow.
I know that, and I really appreciate all of your concerns. It really shows that I am liked around here.

So if you really want to judge me on this one situation and hate me then so be it. Like I said it was my first party and I was really curious and wanted to try it. So hate me and never talk to me again if you like, but I think that is a bit petty.

if a cop went by that house and saw alcohol and minors, you would have gotten in some serious trouble.

EXACTLY!
Em, your dad was a cop? Didn't he teach you anything about not doing things that are illegal? I'd think you'd be smarter than that..

But I am responsible for my age. I have never done anything like this before in my life and I really think that is why I did it in the first place.

So no one said it was wrong to be dating a guy who is 16, but all of the sudden it is wrong to attend parties with guys and girls of that age or one year older.:confused3

I am not saying what I did was the right thing. It was my first party. I was experimenting with it. I may never drink again until I am 21. IDK if I will or won't, but as for yesterday I had a great time and did not get in any danger.

You may think you're responsible, but once you're under the influence of alcohol, everything changes.

Yes because at parties people do stupid stuff. Stuff they regret the next day. Do you want that?

Lexi, when did I say I was drunk. I had a wine cooler.

I know that, and I really appreciate all of your concerns. It really shows that I am liked around here.

So if you really want to judge me on this one situation and hate me then so be it. Like I said it was my first party and I was really curious and wanted to try it. So hate me and never talk to me again if you like, but I think that is a bit petty.

I'm saying when, Em. IF you get drunk, which is a possibility, you need to be careful.

You didnt get in any danger or trouble at this party...but the next party, or the next party with drinks, you might not be so lucky.

Watch or read the book Speak. It's about a 14 year old girl who goes to an adult party and shes responsible, straight B student, and ends up drinking at the party. I dont want to see ANYTHING bad happening to you, Em. Just because you think your mature and responsible doesnt mean you should be drinking with juniors and seniors, if a cop went by that house and saw alcohol and minors, you would have gotten in some serious trouble.

::yes::

Did your mom know the guy that was driving you to and from the party?
That's another thing...my parents would NEVER let me get in a car with someone they didn't know.
Yes she did. She made both Chris and Him come in and talk to both of them and then told me if any of the things she requested changes to call hger immediately and I was going to do that if they did.
Dating a guy who is 16 is different. That isn't much of an age difference. But, really 14 is still soooo young, and you are still learning from right and wrong. But maybe if your BF keeps taking you to these parties, maybe you need to part different ways. I bet your mom would think differently of you, if you told her you drank.
Most of the people at the party were 16 or 17 the same age as my boyfriend.

EXACTLY!
Em, your dad was a cop? Didn't he teach you anything about not doing things that are illegal? I'd think you'd be smarter than that..

You may think you're responsible, but once you're under the influence of alcohol, everything changes.

Yes because at parties people do stupid stuff. Stuff they regret the next day. Do you want that?
Lyss, yes he was and I totally understand what you are saying and you are right. But like I said I was not drunk and will never get like that. I was in total control of myself. But Lyss, I do understand what you are saying about if a cop came to the house and I would get into as much trouble as the person who si totally drunk. Thanks.

It kinda hurts huh?

Indeed.
Like the reason I freak out about drinking is because someone very close to me was killed by alcohol. And all it took was her drinking one time at a dinner party and she got hooked and was an alcoholic for nearly 5 years before she died.
:sad2: :sad1:

Yes she did. She made both Chris and Him come in and talk to both of them and then told me if any of the things she requested changes to call hger immediately and I was going to do that if they did.

Lyss, yes he was and I totally understand what you are saying and you are right. But like I said I was not drunk and will never get like that. I was in total control of myself. But Lyss, I do understand what you are saying about if a cop came to the house and I would get into as much trouble as the person who si totally drunk. Thanks.

But that was after one meeting..My parents wouldn't let me in a car with someone they didn't know. That's MY life on the line; no matter if we were going down the street or 10 minutes away, they wouldn't allow it.

Em, things can change every party you go to. I wish Tom was here so he can tell you the stories of his old partying ways. :/

Em, why do you think that just because you feel like your in total control, nothing bad can happen to you?

Girls, I am sorry. I understand what what you are saying. And I do realize why you are all saying it. Thank You for caring so much about me. I am sitting here sobbing right now because I feel so bad because I feel like I am losing all of my friends because of one stupid thing I did and I don't want that.

I am going away to cry for a bit.

I lost one of my best friends from the same thing Em.
She drank at a party.
I didn't think it was right.
We got into a fight.
She ended up not being my friend anymore.
So be careful. Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter