• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls Trip~OLD THREAD (see first post for link to new one)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a team name!! :cool1: The team with myself, Cynthia, Brandi and Nicole will be called the Lightning Diva Super Sleuths!

:thumbsup2 We can't wait!!

Yeah for another name!!

Yes, I'm serious. But if you don't think it qualifies, then we'll be the Mouse Adventurers Spy Racers. :) :cool1: popcorn::

Now reading through the exchange on that name was quite entertaining! Glad you got one that passed inspection!

Evening Ladies.....went back and read the last 2-3 pages....sorry I haven't been keeping up. Got a call from my brother this afternoon....my dad was moved from the hospital and back to the facility he lives in & was doing well.....he was keeping the O2 on & his sats looked good. This afternoon, the sats dropped drastically & the dr was called in. He thinks the blood clot in my dad's lung has shifted & doesn't expect him to make it through the night. He said, there's a slim chance that the clot will shift again & his sats will rise....but with my dad's weakened heart....he's not to optimistic of that happening. Thanx for all the love & support.......you have no idea how much it means to me!!

Laurie - lots of hugs and kisses to you and your family! :hug:

On the bright side, we do have another team name. I sure hope it passes inspection :rotfl:. It is:

The Great Racing Mouse Detectives

We are on a roll!! Great name!

Wow - I miss one day on the DIS and it takes forever to catch up!! Between the numerous postings and the slllooooowwwww loading time of the DIS (what is going on anyway - I have seen threads in the Tech area complaining about slow loading but no reasons posted???:confused3:confused3) it took me forever to catch up this morning!

Meet and Greet outfit - like a lot of ladies here, I am going the t-shirt and jeans/shorts route. Lisa & I went to Zazzle and got shirts. We even did the print on lime green to kill two birds with one stone - color and theme for Thursday!

M&G gift - I am set and really happy with mine. I looked on Amazon and Ebay for ideas (found a lot on Ebay).

I am set with my snack and tiara - think I have all the color covered and now just have to patiently wait till it is time to go!!

BTW, looks like we will probably have to start another thread before the trip!!

Happy Friday all!

Okay, so a minor change in our team name. Since we can't be the Mouse Adventurers, take the s off of Adventurers and we'll be the MouseAdventure Spy Racers. How's that for creative?? :p

Hooray! I'm all caught up. Well, between here and the email updates anyway. I'm wearing an "appropriately themed" t shirt and jeans to the M&G and I'm not doing the gift exchange as other than Scar, Si and Am and the Cheshire Cat, I'm not huge on the whole Villain thing. OH! Speaking of Si and Am, they have new stuffed animals at the Disney Store for the Anniversary of Lady & The Tramp and they are freakin ADORABLE.

I saw those stuffed animals and wanted to buy them. I did not since I am anti "stuff" and would like to throw away 90% of the stuff in my house as it is, so refuse to give into temptation and bring anything home. My house would look like a hotel room if I did not have a childand a husband who doom me to clutter. I hate "stuff" and knick knacks and things that just sit around, but I do love Si and Am.

My Dobby, a chocolate point, is the third siamese in my life!! Favorite kind of cat.

Okay, so a minor change in our team name. Since we can't be the Mouse Adventurers, take the s off of Adventurers and we'll be the MouseAdventure Spy Racers. How's that for creative?? :p

Do you want an honest answer, or for us to just smile and nod our heads?

Good job Stacie!

I am not doing the hunt, so I am not needing to be creative, so easy for me to be a sidelines critic.

Too bad the "FLying Monkey Butlers" wouldn't work.

I was wondering if anyone can explain the PhotoPass thing to me. I've never used it but I see how the list Jessica has keeps growing and I just feel like I'm missing out on something. If this is "no-no" conversation, I'm sorry. You could PM or let me know on Facebook. I just don't want to miss out.

Did anyone send you a PM?

They would have to be racing and spying!!

I know, but that is our MA name...and it makes me laugh everytime I say it.

Flying can be racing, and in Vet school, anytime I had the misfortune to work with a monkey, I can attest to them being sneaky little buggers... and sneaking is spying. Kind of.

Just trying to beat it with a bat into shape.:lmao:

Not doing the hunt. So don't need a name......

Do you want an honest answer, or for us to just smile and nod our heads?

Good job Stacie!

I am not doing the hunt, so I am not needing to be creative, so easy for me to be a sidelines critic.

Too bad the "FLying Monkey Butlers" wouldn't work.

Of course, just smile and nod your heads!

Do you want to know what I THOUGHT you typed? Flying Monkey B*tts!! :rotfl:

:rotfl::rotfl: Oh my, you all are giving me quite a laugh this morning. Love it! Can't wait for next month! :cool1:

Laurie, hope your dad is doing better. :hug:

The Great Racing Mouse Detectives is the name for the team I'm on (Monica, Jen and Lisa) as long as it works for the hunt committee.

Just figured out why I confused you. I said "another" team name but by "another" I didn't mean for our team, I just meant in general...to add to the list. I probably just made this even more confusing. Sorry.
Well you did.:lmao: The names works fine.:)

Very good !

Sorry, just realized I'm signed in on Mike's profile.....this is Laurie.

Thanx Bridget & Becci.

Just got back from Portland. My dad didn't recognize me & he wasn't making sense....which is more from the lack of oxygen. They're pumping it at 4 liters & he's still only registering a 78 sats level. They advised us to bring hospice on board...so after calling my older brother who's in charge of that.....hospice is now involved. Where's he's at right now, health wise.....they don't give him more than a month. The "wild card" in all of this is the blood clot in his lungs. It could shift again & either make things better for him or it could kill him instantly. I appreciate the support & would love continued prayers....thanx!! :hug:

Hello ladies!!! TGIF!! :cool1:

I did read back, but was too lazy to multi-quote today.

Ruben took the day off and we went to see "The Grey" with some movie passes he got from his sister for his birthday. It was awesome!! I love Liam Neeson in just about anything, but this was especially intense. I'd recommend it.

Anyway, just wanted to check in and respond to what I can remember...

First off, Laurie my prayers continue for you and your dad during this time. :hug:

Jodi, great team name!! Don't stress. It will all come together.

Mel, I'm so tempted to bring you a whip for the hunt.... It would be hilarious for photos if nothing else! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Amy, my kids and I watched Hoarders the other day and I was blown away. I told them I am like the anti-hoarder. I hate excess stuff. I like a bare bones look. I'd get rid of more stuff, but my family won't let me. Oh, and I thought about you last night... ;) I was at Hallmark and they had a Jim Shore siamese cat. It was so cute, even though I'm not sure which one it was.

Well, it seems like I had more to comment on. Should've just multi-quoted. Never rely on my memory, it sucks.

Take it easy and have a great weekend everyone! :goodvibes

Mel, I'm so tempted to bring you a whip for the hunt.... It would be hilarious for photos if nothing else! :rolleyes1 :lmao:

Please note: Beth said that she is tempted to BRING a whip for the hunt. She did not mention that she needs to BUY a whip to bring for Melody to use during the hunt.

This seems to imply to me,anyway, that she has a fine assortment of them at home already from which to choose.

KWIM?

So how many of you have seen the national news story from Arizona? Not the Governor Brewer/Obama story, the other one about the high school boys shooting up the Obama shirt?

So how many of you have seen the national news story from Arizona? Not the Governor Brewer/Obama story, the other one about the high school boys shooting up the Obama shirt?
Not me. Do those boys go to Alison's HS? :scared1:

I am considering posting the "hunt rules" here a head of time.
Would that be a good idea? :confused:

Please note: Beth said that she is tempted to BRING a whip for the hunt. She did not mention that she needs to BUY a whip to bring for Melody to use during the hunt.

This seems to imply to me,anyway, that she has a fine assortment of them at home already from which to choose.

KWIM?
LOL! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Not me. Do those boys go to Alison's HS? :scared1:

Here's a link to the story: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...geant-photo-prompts-secret-service-probe.html

And actually, one of the boys is Allyson's boyfriend. It has been blown so far out of proportion, it's ridiculous!! The Secret Service was at the high school today, most of the boys are on the varsity football team and they were out camping with one of the dads (the police officer), who stupidly posted the picture on his Facebook. The article has a few inaccuracies, which the media seems to do all the time. It definitely wasn't a good idea, and you would think an adult would know that.

Here's a link to the picture with the faces blurred out: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/480104/PAT-SHEARER-OBAMA-PIC.jpg

And yes, maybe you should post the rules here, just so we know what they are! I know they won't be as tough as MA!!

KWIM?
Oh darn, see what happens when I type too fast. I mess up my wording. Silly me. ;)

Mel, that's probably a good idea. Just so everyone is clear. Then it will save time before the hunt as well, since you won't have to go over all the rules but rather do a short recap. We (or you) can also post it on our FB page.

Here's a link to the story: http://www.azcentral.com/community/...geant-photo-prompts-secret-service-probe.html

And actually, one of the boys is Allyson's boyfriend. It has been blown so far out of proportion, it's ridiculous!! The Secret Service was at the high school today, most of the boys are on the varsity football team and they were out camping with one of the dads (the police officer), who stupidly posted the picture on his Facebook. The article has a few inaccuracies, which the media seems to do all the time. It definitely wasn't a good idea, and you would think an adult would know that.

Here's a link to the picture with the faces blurred out: http://i.huffpost.com/gen/480104/PAT-SHEARER-OBAMA-PIC.jpg
Oh my. Wait, they were out camping? With those guns?? Where teenagers find guns like that? Can teens buy those in just any gun shop or something? (sorry, I freely admit I am clueless about that sort of thing)

Oh my. Wait, they were out camping? With those guns?? Where teenagers find guns like that? Can teens buy those in just any gun shop or something? (sorry, I freely admit I am clueless about that sort of thing)

We live in the wild west (so do you)! I read somewhere that, at least in AZ, you only have to be 12 to have a gun, as long as you have adult supervision. And 2 of the boys are 18, as well as the police officer who took the picture. He was NOT involved in shooting the t-shirt, as far as I know. I can only imagine what people think about it, only seeing the picture and reading what the media has to say about it, but it has nothing to do with politics (what high school boys know anything about politics), it was all about finding something to shoot up after they ran out of cans and bottles. I've got the story right from the source so I can tell you all about it next month! Seems like I always have a story, usually it's Zachary, now it's Allyson's boyfriend!!

ETA: And the guns are all legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter