Give me your best Aulani tips

Umm, this could cover a lot of ground. Especially as we know nothing about what you and your travel party might like.

Suggest you take a look at the titles of the various threads in this section and read some of the ones that sound interesting. Then if you have further questions I'm sure there are lots of us who can help.

Like your favorite tips that I won't typically find elsewhere.
Staying a week, kids are 10 & 14

Don't try to adjust fully to the time change. Take advantage of waking up early, eating dinner during happy hour specials, and going to bed early. This will make the return to the mainland much more manageable.

Agree with time change comment. Happy hour at Monkeypod across the street is a great dinner option. My other tip would be to get rent a car and explore the beautiful island. Relax at Aulani for half a day and then explore for half a day or vice versa.

Agree with time change comment. Happy hour at Monkeypod across the street is a great dinner option. My other tip would be to get rent a car and explore the beautiful island. Relax at Aulani for half a day and then explore for half a day or vice versa.
We do have a rental.... We plan to go to North Shore, Kualoa Ranch for now. Maybe a waterfall.... Still researching.
Great idea for daily exploring. Seems like everything is "an hour away" 😂

We do have a rental.... We plan to go to North Shore, Kualoa Ranch for now. Maybe a waterfall.... Still researching.
Great idea for daily exploring. Seems like everything is "an hour away" 😂

I think I’m in the minority in feeling this way, but the driving didn’t bother me in the least except on the North Shore when looking for parking. In every direction there is incredible beauty and interesting sites. Too, the drivers on Oahu all seemed so chill, nothing like what I experience at home. Drive H3 at least once.

I agree 100% with not trying to adjust to the time change. There’s so much to do in the morning and not so much in the evening.

If you visit the Windward side, make time to just drive that side of the island. Read up on sites to visit—stop at Byodo-In Temple, beaches, Laie Point, food trucks, Tropical Nut Farm, etc. It’s beautiful and relaxing.

Island Vintage Coffee and Island Market (ABC store) across the street from Aulani have good food options, not to mention Monkeypod and other food options.

Do you guys have any tips for the pool/slides/lazy river? Go early or more towards closing? Is there difficulty getting chairs? We only need one or two chairs for the four of us. My kids (12&14) are interested in the snorkeling at the resort. Do we need a reservation for that?
Thanks

Do you guys have any tips for the pool/slides/lazy river? Go early or more towards closing? Is there difficulty getting chairs? We only need one or two chairs for the four of us. My kids (12&14) are interested in the snorkeling at the resort. Do we need a reservation for that?
Thanks

yes

Thanks
From what I gather, it depends on time of year and day of the week. I've only been in the winter when school is in session and there were no crowds. Zero trouble getting chairs, no mad rush for towels, plenty of room in the pools, etc. But then you hear horror stories from others who go when it's a zoo.

I think I’m in the minority in feeling this way, but the driving didn’t bother me in the least except on the North Shore when looking for parking. In every direction there is incredible beauty and interesting sites. Too, the drivers on Oahu all seemed so chill, nothing like what I experience at home. Drive H3 at least once.

I agree 100% with not trying to adjust to the time change. There’s so much to do in the morning and not so much in the evening.

If you visit the Windward side, make time to just drive that side of the island. Read up on sites to visit—stop at Byodo-In Temple, beaches, Laie Point, food trucks, Tropical Nut Farm, etc. It’s beautiful and relaxing.

Island Vintage Coffee and Island Market (ABC store) across the street from Aulani have good food options, not to mention Monkeypod and other food options.
Thanks so much!!
So comprehensive ♥️

Also - ideally, plan for anything “an hour away” to take more time, so you can stop along the way.

For instance - if you’re driving across the center of the island, to get to Kaneohe, and Kualoa ranch, take Highway 61 on the way out, instead of H3, and stop at the Nuuanu Pali Lookout, for an amazing view of the island. (Bring a warm coat). If you planned on being at Kualoa ranch, and you leave just enough time for the drive, you won’t get to see the amazing view. Or maybe not have enough time to stop by a local place to eat (Yummy Huli Huli Chicken over by Kualoa Ranch Is definitely stop worthy), or to stop for an unnecessary shave ice along the way.

Rent a car and go exploring! Aulani is beautiful but there is so much more to see on the island.

We just got back from a 2 week trip...I suggest visiting Hanauma Bay, Diamond Head, Pearl Harbor, and the Dole Plantation as must see. If you have time, Sea Life Park, the waves at the North Shore, Matsumoto Shave Ice, and the Polynesian Culture Center. The Bishop museum is interesting as is the King Kamahameha statue.

Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter