Glennbo’s City, Sand, and Savanna PTR - TR Link (pg 73)

glennbo123

DIS Veteran
(Chapter index at the bottom of the post)

Hellooooo and welcome to another Glennbo pre-trip report. Our upcoming 2012 trip will be new and improved, and even bigger than before. How so? Well for starters, our cast of characters is bigger. Hey, watch it…I mean “in numbers”, not “mass” or “water displacement” or something like that. Well, maybe a little…my knee’s been acting up and I haven’t been able to jog like I had been.

Wow, 6 sentences in and I’m already off on a tangent.

Where was I? Oh yeah, more characters. You may recall our recurring cast:

IMG_2664.jpg

If you’ve followed any of my previous reports you already know me…I don’t know what other warning I can give you. I’m the guy in the Goofy shirt in the photo above. And that’s Goofy as in the character, not a fashion assessment.

And then there’s my wife Judy, who’s worth looking for in a crowd. (We played a little game in my last trip report where people tried to spot Judy, any part of her, reflection, etc., in all of my posts. I’m sure that it will continue…there’s probably no way to stop it at this point!)

IMG_2508.jpg

Our “growing-up-too-fast” oldest daughter Lauren:

IMG_2637.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_3086.jpg

Our “favorite-(and only)-middle-kid” daughter Marlene:

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3735-1-1.jpg

IMG_4100.jpg

And “my clone”, son James:

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2586.jpg

IMG_2598.jpg

In addition to myself, Judy, and the kids, we will be joined for a portion of the trip by my parental units, who affectionately go by “Gram and Poppy”. So really this pre-trip report is titled “City, Sand, and Seniors”, but my mom may read this so I’ll put “Savanna” in the subject line on this post…(but you, diligent reader, know the real story). :ssst: And if Gram reads this far, “Seniors” is a reference to us celebrating Lauren’s graduation from high school. :rolleyes1

Gram_and_Poppy.jpg

I'll have to get some pictures of them eating, to go with the other pictures in this post. :laughing:

Anyway, my parents are partly to blame for our love of Animal Kingdom Lodge, since it was during a trip with them ten years ago when we first stayed there. They graciously and generously treated their whole extended family to a week at Walt Disney World, but since it was the Christmas following 9/11, vacation travel was light and Disney actually temporarily closed our resort, Dixie Landings, and we were all upgraded to the beautiful Animal Kingdom Lodge. I know that they will love to see the savanna again, and I’ve wanted to share the new Kidani complex with them, so this is our chance to do just that.

Also, I think I got my dad out of a doghouse that he didn’t even realize he was headed toward when I asked them to come with us….because he hadn’t yet planned anything to celebrate the 60 years of marriage milestone they’ll hit this summer. That’s something worth celebrating!

Anyhow, at the very least, this trip is going to be an interesting mix of the generations!

I took a peek at my last PTR intro and just realized that this upcoming trip will be our fifth family trip to Disney World. Wow, that’s hard to believe. I guess it just proves that old adage about time and flying and having fun.

Anyway, in my next official update I’ll describe part 1 of the trip, which will begin to explain my PTR title, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, all of you folks out there in Readerville let me know that you’re following along.

Don’t be shy.
smiley_loveshy.gif

Chime in and let’s have some fun, shall we?

I’ll save this area below for links to pertinent installments:
The Trip, Part 1 – “City”
The Trip, Part 2 - "Sand"
The Trip, Part 3 - "Savanna"
Park Days
Due to Popular Demand
Game Question and Dumb Question
ADR Survey
Survey Game
Survey Results and Announcement of the Match Game
Survey Game Results
Match Game Results
ADRs
Planning Progress
Master Plan (muhahahaha) in spreadsheet form
The Planning Doldrums
Under 3 Weeks!
What we've been up to (this chapter includes "the bagel story"!)
No Today today, maybe tomorrow
Misses and Liberty
What Rope Drop at the Today Show looks like
The Road Beckons
Arrival post
We're Home!
TR Link

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: It's another Glennbo PTR/TR. Let the good times begin.

Great intros. And, yes, I can see that James is your clone.

And congratulations to your parents on their 60th anniversary. That is a tremendous milestone and definitely worth celebrating!

****And I'm first. :goodvibes

Howdy Glenn!

Thanks for the invite to the TR! I haven't read it yet...I just had to claim a spot on page 1. :thumbsup2

I'll be back!

--------

I'm back.

My name is Biscuit and I approve this trip report.

Excellent start my friend!

That's cool that you get to have your parents along. And 60 years is DEFINITELY worthy of celebration. If you REALLY want a quest, have them collect 60 pressed pennies. Or 60 trading pins. Or 60 photos of Brazilians. The options are limitless.

I enjoyed your last report. So, I'm joining in for another!
And congrats to your parents. 60 years of marriage is definitely something to celebrate!

I need dates man! :hippie: Did I miss them? :upsidedow

60 years of marriage- wow! :thumbsup2

I can't believe you big the kids are getting. How are the aging but we aren't? It's weird! :confused3

Finally!! The year 2011 definitely ends on a high note because we get the start of the Glennbo PTR!

Your parents look lovely in that pictures! I hope they will enjoy AKL as much as the first time. :goodvibes

I'm going to try so hard to keep on top of this, Glenn! Glad to be part of someone's planning again!:goodvibes

Woo Hoo! I am on board for this one! :cool1:

How can I pass a trip full of seniors (chronologically and otherwise). How exciting that Lauren gets such a great trip after college graduation.

Love the AK too! Love it!

You are going to love Vero!!!!!;)

There must be something in the water in PA (assuming your parents also live in PA) because my Grandparents have been married for 60 years this year!!

Joining in, thanks for the PM!

Now that the first page is filled up, I can do replies!

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: It's another Glennbo PTR/TR. Let the good times begin.

:cool1: and :welcome: Kathy!

Great intros. And, yes, I can see that James is your clone.

Thanks.

Yep, mini-me.

And congratulations to your parents on their 60th anniversary. That is a tremendous milestone and definitely worth celebrating!

Thanks (on their behalf)!

****And I'm first. :goodvibes

Very impressive Kathy! :cheer2:

howdy glenn 2 judys prob first and only one ill win

:welcome: Dan!

I knew it wouldn't take long. You are correct -- 2 Judy's. :banana:

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao: I never thought to count the Judys.

You didn't get as obsessed with that game as some people did....lucky you.

You know, Dan, you could pop over to my PTR since I leave four weeks from today! ;)

Sounds like you better get over there Dan, if you know what's good for you.

Howdy Glenn!

Thanks for the invite to the TR! I haven't read it yet...I just had to claim a spot on page 1. :thumbsup2

I'll be back!

:welcome: Your spot on page 1 is secured GB.

I'm back.

That was quick.

My name is Biscuit and I approve this trip report.

:woohoo: a GreatBiscuit endorsement!

Excellent start my friend!

That's cool that you get to have your parents along. And 60 years is DEFINITELY worthy of celebration. If you REALLY want a quest, have them collect 60 pressed pennies. Or 60 trading pins. Or 60 photos of Brazilians. The options are limitless.

Hmmm, I'll have to give that some thought. Maybe I'll make them the fastpass runners and have them collect 60 fastpasses.

Or, maybe not.

I enjoyed your last report. So, I'm joining in for another!
And congrats to your parents. 60 years of marriage is definitely something to celebrate!

:cool1::welcome:

I'm glad you're here! Thanks for the congrats, I'll pass it along.

I need dates man! :hippie: Did I miss them? :upsidedow

:welcome: Jenny!

You want the deets all at once? If I did that, how would I keep this PTR going for 5 1/2 months? ;) Don't worry, I'll fill in the info. by section: "City", "Sand", and "Savanna", in upcoming installments. :teeth:

60 years of marriage- wow! :thumbsup2

Yep-er. And "wow" is right!

I can't believe you big the kids are geeting. How are the aging but we aren't? It's weird! :confused3

I know! The way they're going, pretty soon they'll look older than me. :rolleyes:

Joining in!!! Yay for another Glennbo report!!! :cool1::cool1::cool1:

:welcome: Sara! Thanks!

Another Glennbo PTR!!!! :cool1::cool1: I'm in!

:banana: Yay, we've taken this baby trans-continental. :welcome: Katharina!

Finally!! The year 2011 definitely ends on a high note because we get the start of the Glennbo PTR!

Aw, thanks Magdalene! :welcome: Good to have you along.

Your parents look lovely in that pictures! I hope they will enjoy AKL as much as the first time. :goodvibes

Thank you. I'm sure they will. It's going to be a thrill for me to see them enjoying it.

I'm in! Thanks for the heads-up...and 60 years is absolutely worth celebrating! :cool1:

O Captain! My Captain! :welcome:

I'm here! I have to go back and get caught up.

Thanks for the invite.

:yay: :welcome: Vanessa!

I'm going to try so hard to keep on top of this, Glenn! Glad to be part of someone's planning again!:goodvibes

:woohoo: :welcome: Liesa! It wouldn't be much of a PTR without you along.

Woo Hoo! I am on board for this one! :cool1:

:welcome: Mary Ellen!

How can I pass a trip full of seniors (chronologically and otherwise).

Take your pick. :laughing:

How exciting that Lauren gets such a great trip after college graduation.

Whoa, whoa, whoa....high school graduation....don't grow her up too fast please!

Love the AK too! Love it!

Me too!

You are going to love Vero!!!!!;)

Hey, I haven't said anything on this PTR about Vero. (Yet.)

There must be something in the water in PA (assuming your parents also live in PA) because my Grandparents have been married for 60 years this year!!

Joining in, thanks for the PM!

:welcome: Kelly!

Yes, my parents are also in PA, so that must be it! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter