Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Day 1

ghockley1981

<font color=red>Wishes his work lift was ToT<br><f
Day One

So we woke up bright and early to make our way to the Holiday Inn, our final destination. We travelled by train through London from Essex to arrive in St Pancreas nice and early.

It was very easy to find our way around and after a quick M&S bite to eat we walked through the security check point into the Eurostar departures.

We found our gate and queued up nice and early to avoid the crush to realise just before they were opened that there was a gate for each end of the train ( and we were at the wrong one ) :rolleyes:

We battled through eventually and went up to the train to find a space for our suitcase.

scan0003.jpg

We then settled down in our seats ready for our first part of the journey to Lille. The train wasn't to full and there was plenty of storage space for hand luggage, however space for a big suitcase was a bit on the poor side with me having to lift our heavy case onto the top shelf!

We arrived in Lille very quickly with just a little delay at St Pancrea so we got off and walking around to the departure board. ( there’s lots of steps and escalators at Lille so I don’t recommend this un-direct route unless your strong willed in body and mind! )

We were very perplexed at first as our train to Marne Le Vallee wasn’t on there, only to realise at the last minute that of course it wasn’t the last stop for the TGV train and so would not show up on the board like that. Looking actually at the numbers this time we found our train and boarded a double decker train to Disneyland. This has a strong smell of blow off's to me but added to the adventure being on the second floor of a tilting train! The views across France were great to sit back and take in.

Upon arrival we walked straight to the 54 stop right outside for the Holiday Inn, Dream Castle, Kyriad and Explorers Hotel and jumped on the next pink bendy bus that came along.

The buses dropped off and picked up at the same time so the bus was always full and were done in the order

Explorers, Kyriad, HI then Dream

We arrived at our Hotel and checked in fine getting a family bedroom with a double bed and a bunk bed ( obviously for the kids ) and a lovely bathroom with Lux Shampoo and Shower gel in a dispenser by the shower and dove hand wash by the sink on the wall.

The room was very nice and had plenty of room for me and the gf, the safe was easy to operate and overall was a quiet room. The tele had Sky news, BBC News and BBC 1 plus a lot of other countries channels. A kettle and ice bucket was also provided with powdered milk, tea and coffee.

We unpacked quickly using the hangers they provided and then went down to Disneyland to sort out our AP’s as it was approaching 3.30

DSC02043.jpg

Having never been to Disney before I have to admit I was swept up in the magic at the entrance and got some great pictures of the front of the entrance. We went to the customer relations entrance on the right hand side and paid for our AP’s there ( they do not stamp them here just yet so don’t panic if your getting AP's!)

We got our discounted price fine and were given temporary passes to get in. We then continued to the passport office just in front of the castle to the right beside the roundabout. Here we were stuck a bit longer while they sorted out our details and explained everything to us, being a DISer I already had researched into everything about this and so got impatient and bored very quickly as Disney was just outside waiting for us! :thumbsup2

We soon finished this and got given our passes. We were now full members and so quickly went outside and did the obligatory castle photo’s.

We walked around a bit and then did SM which I found threw my head about more than anything else and after a second go I though that was quite enough of that and went for Buzz to recover.

DSC02054.jpg

DSC02053.jpg

We both loved this ride and I beat my gf with a score of 87,000. Not sure if this is good or not, im sure some 12 year old somewhere can tell me that’s rubbish but I thought I did pretty good! :3dglasses

We walked around some more and did some other quick rides such as BTM and PM before we left to beat the rush and eat at Annette’s. We still had to queue but didn't mind as the food here was lovely. Cass has the veggie buger which was basically a Hash brown in a bun with the usual burger accompliments but she loved it. I had the rock n roll burger which was basically a bacon and cheese burger. It was lovely and certainly the portions were worth the extra cash.

DSC02058.jpg

They served it up very quickly and it was a great first experience for eating at Disney. I can't believe how quickly the rollerskaters get up and down those stairs, the atmosphere was brilliant. They even did their Fame dance too which was fun, with full bellies we then decided to walk around the village and then round the Lake to investigate the area a bit more.

DSC02072.jpg

My gf loved this, especially popping into every hotel to check them out. They all looked so nice and proved a debated subject on where we would like to stay upon out return if we could get a Disney hotel. We decided on the Sequoia Lodge in the end but thought we would prefer to be in the main hotel (Montana rooms I think) rather than seperate lodges. This hotel just seemed to be so much more inviting and the atmosphere was amazing, we just enjoyed walking around this hotel so much more. We had a drink and little sit down here too.

After some more walking and shop investigation and picture opportunities

DSC02077.jpg

we decided to call it a night and return to our hotel to recharge our batteries for the next day cathcing the next bus back. I wouldn't recommend walking this as it would take a good hours walk I would think.

We'd had a great first day and were really excited about our stay, we weren't sure who won the hat competition though! :rotfl:

DSC02063.jpg

DSC02062.jpg

Glenn's When you Wish Upon a Star Trip Report Part 2

What a great sounding first day! The swap at Lille sounds like a nightmare, so glad I decided to drive rather than take the Lille route with Kacee!

sounds like a great first day. a trip to disney just wouldn't be the same without tryuing on the hats!

I think you definitely win in the hat stakes :)

Great first day, thanks.

Fab report, I love the pictures. I think I must get one under the giant mushrooms next trip, they look so cool!!

Love the pictures, i think all us girlies must have tried one of the princess minnies hats on, i know i have a similar photo!! princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter