Gluten free Luau recommendations

Sonnyeclipse

Mouseketeer
We are (hopefully) heading to Aulani in June. It looks like the luaus are going to be operating by then so I want to explore taking our family to a luau while we are there. My wife is gluten free and I am struggling to find a lot of information on gluten free options at the various luaus.

Does anyone have any experience with eating gluten free at any of the Oahu luaus and if so, any recommendations or comments?

We are (hopefully) heading to Aulani in June. It looks like the luaus are going to be operating by then so I want to explore taking our family to a luau while we are there. My wife is gluten free and I am struggling to find a lot of information on gluten free options at the various luaus.

Does anyone have any experience with eating gluten free at any of the Oahu luaus and if so, any recommendations or comments?
There was a previous thread on vegan at luaus that might have some useful info; I don’t really remember what all was mentioned. Most luaus have yummy taro rolls—but I guess I don’t know if they have wheat flour too :/ Sorry, I’m really no help here!!

@Sonnyeclipse... While not GF, I have two kids with tree nut allergies. I have found, on almost every luau we attended, an email worked best. In your case, you might pick the top 3 luaus you want to attend and then email them with your wife's dietary concerns. You'll probably be pleasantly surprised on the responses you get back on what they can / can not do

I am lactose intolerant and always call the number listed on the luau website before I book to see what I can eat. Most will go through the menu with you and tell you what you can eat. Some will have you walk the buffet line with the chef at the luau when you arrive so that you know what you can eat. Aulani is great with food allergies and I would be very surprised if they can’t accommodate gluten free. I’ve done several luaus on the different islands and they have all been able to accommodate certain dietary restrictions. On Oahu, I’ve done the Paradise Cove (next door to Aulani) & Aulani luaus. Both were able to handle dietary restrictions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter