Go to Yacht Club Gally for a Great Meal!!!

msteddom

We always wait in line in California (something)
I already posted a review of the Yacht Club Gally in my overall restaurant reviews about a week ago, but all of my meals at the
Yacht Club Galley were so outstanding that I wanted to give it a separate thread as well.

I had two dinners there, each time with a large party, once a total of 7 and the second time 9. The large parties didn't phase the YCG staff in the least, they were always friendly, helpful and really went above and beyond the call of duty. This included going to the back office for some white drawing paper for my 5 yo cousin who was in the middle of a melt down.

The food was delicious and reasonably priced too. I really enjoyed the cheeseburger which was much better than the one I had at Beaches and Cream! I also really liked the Yacht Club Sandwich. Both were very well prepared and plesantly presented. Several members of my family simply raved about the Signature Salad, which they ordered with salmon. The piece of fish that was server with the salad was beautiful and it was also very large, almost a whole fillet. So the salad at $12.99 was an outstanding value, because it was large enough for 2. We were all stunned at what a great value this restaurant was. For a party of nine, including alcohol for the adults and specialty drinks and/or smoothies for the kids, the bill came in just over $200.

The kids all really enjoyed their meals as well. I think all of them had chicken strips, and they all really liked them. In fact the chicken strips meal at the Gally far exceeded the chicken breast meal at the Yachtsman Steakhouse which was so plain it was difficult to eat. The kids also ordered a fun drink called a Hoist the Flag, which was Sprite layered with red and blue syrup, which made a colorful and tasty drink. One of them also had a rasberry smoothie which was out of this world good! I think I ended up drinking more of it than he did!

Other members of my family also had the breakfast buffet one morning, and said it was just as good as our dinners had been. the food was all hot, fresh and delicious. Now I wish I had slept in and gone to breakfast with them instead of getting up early and going to the parks on my own!

The Yacht Club Galley was by far the best dining at the Yacht Club, it was a much better value than the Yachtsman Steakhouse, and the food was far superior to Beaches and Cream and served in a much calmer, less crouded atmosphere. Eat there and you won't be dissapointed. And if you are seated by Faye, wish her good luck with her senior year in college!

For the breakfast menu click here
For the lunch menu click here
For the dinner menu click here
For the kids menu click here

Melissa

hi melissa:wave:

this sounds like a great place to eat::yes::

i have been looking for some more places to add to my dining plans and you have just helped me pick another:D

eve::MinnieMo

Sounds like it was great. They must have made some changes. When we ate there last November for lunch, the service was sooooo slow and inexperienced and the food so average we swore we wouldn't eat there again. Perhaps we'll have to give it another try.

Wow! I really wish my DH would have been able to snag a PS there tonight! There was nothing available for a party of one so he ended up at Olivia's at OKW and had a lousy meal. Oh, well...Yacht Club Galley it will be for him next time, I think. Thanks for the separate review!

Thanks for the heads up on this one and for the links to the menues!!! Sounds like you really enjoyed your meals there. :D

I had lunch at Yacht Club Galley the other day with a friend. The food was wonderful and reasonably priced. The service was fast and courteous, and the restaurant was not crowded at all. I would definitely recommend having lunch here while visiting Epcot (nice way to get out of the park for a while and relax in a calm atmosphere).

thanks for the tip. We will be staying at the BCV in December and will give it a try.:D

Thanks, we'll be at BWV in 3 weeks and we had thought of giving this a try. Sounded good and very reasonable, and after reading this we'll definitely add it to our list!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter