• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goin' SOLO-- with a CHALLENGE....

missy28

<font color=purple>unnaturly obsessed with all thi
I have decided for my solo trip on July 25-29 to challenge myself and see if.... (insert drumroll here) I can see every show and ride every ride in each park. I know this is a dauting task, but I feel like with a little planning and good luck, I can do it!! Anyone want to join me? What do you think about it? Should I go for it? I'm also looking for people to hang out with-- let me know when you're gonna be there!!

Count me in! I live only an hour from the parks and have an AP. I would LOVE to join you in your challenge! Just name the time and place for the starting point and I'll meet you there! :bounce:

Shari

P.S. - My AP is only for the 4 main parks though - not the water parks.

That sounds fun! It's going to take some serious pre-planning, though, especially for shows. The last time I was at DAK with a newbie, it was impossible even to see all the shows there in one day. Some shows were only running twice, and there was too much overlap. So, it will require some park-hopping if you've only got 4 days. I would study the entertainment times guides before you leave, but of course these can change with little notice.

It seems missy28 and I are both VERY familiar with WDW and know our way around, so it's a wonderful challenge. DocRafiki, you are right that it is probably not possible to see and do it all, but we'll sure have fun trying and will probably at least come close to achieving the goal. Even with pre-planning, show times are always subject to change, as is whether an attraction will be open or closed. A newbie might not be likely to enjoy "the challenge," as a big part of the Disney experience involves <I>soaking up the atmosphere</I> and for a newbie that is best done at a leisurely pace. I'm so addicted to Disney that all the memories and visions of every visit are firmly embedded in my mind. I'm READY for the challenge and it's going to be a blast!

Is anyone else up for it??

Does anyone have recent times guides so that I may plan more efficiently? I don't mean to spark a "can they do it?" debate, but I'm pretty sure with timing and good luck, we can do it! I would love to hear ideas on strategies...

I will be back at AK and EPCOT again this week, so I'll pick up the entertainment time guides for those parks.

I wish you gals good luck. Who knows if you'll make it, but I'm sure you'll have fun trying.

If you are fans of the Unofficial Guide, on page 77 of this year's book is a paragraph discussing the possibility of seeing "the almost 40 attractions in the Magic Kingdom in a single day." I see your challenge is different, but that's what I was reminded of when I read this thread. You will be there in the summer for the longer hours but bigger crowds. Are you going to go for the E-ride night?

Please, we want to read all about it in a trip report if you make it back... I mean when you get back! :D

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I could join you. Please give us a report when you get back.

If you are serious and it appears you are PM lentesta - he is the developer of the software that generates the touring plans for the Unofficial Guide and www.touringplans.com

He might help you out with one or more of the touring plans that covers the entire park(s)

Thanks
jaysue

Thanks for the intro, Jaysue!

Hey Missy28,

It is certainly possible to see every attraction, show and live performance in the Magic Kingdom in one day. In fact, I know of two people that have already done it, using special touring plans from the Unofficial Guide.

The current record for seeing all of the Magic Kingdom attractions and shows (including items such as the Frontierland arcade, the flag retreat, Storytime with Belle, and so on) is 10 hours, 40 minutes. It takes quite a bit of effort to do, but if you're up for a challenge we'll be glad to help.

Seeing all of the attractions in the other parks sounds equally challenging, especially Epcot. But we'll be happy to provide the touring plans for your effort, if you'd agree to do a write-up when you're done.

Good luck with your attempts. Let me know if there's anything else we can help with.

Sincerely,

Len Testa

Len,

I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE you help! Any guides you could give me would be great, and I would honored to do a write-up for you!! My goal is to do every ride and every attraction in each part, and try to take in at least some of the live entertainment (like Off Kilter, The Living Statues, etc.) since it seems dang near impossible to see ALL the live entertainment. Please feel free to e-mail me at melissasimms56@hotmail.com!! I'm so excited!

Good luck on your challenge. Getting all the shows in seems to me to be the hard part. By your dates you will have about 4 days plus part of one for this task? Good luck and don't hurt yourself in the heat.

Len Testa has agreed to help me out with touring plans, and I have agreed to do a write-up for him! Thanks for the suggestion, jaysue! I am very excited, and I will be sure to do a whirlwind trip report for you!!

You are most welcome - have a great mickey ears trip

You might inspire me to try the whirlwind as well

Thanks
jaysue

missy28 - I was at AK and EPCOT today. I have the current entertainment schedules for those two parks. I can scan them and post them on one of my sites if you need that. But if Len has already given you that info, that's fine. I'll also be at MK and MGM this weekend.

Hey - I got to "test ride" Mission Space today. INCREDIBLE!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :teeth:

That would be great to have!! Just send me a link to where they are! I can't wait-- I hope M:S is open for a test run when I'm there....

I scanned them and converted them to B/W to save a bit on file size. They will still take awhile to load unless you have a high-speed connection. If you have any trouble viewing them, let me know and I'll re-scan them at a higher resolution. By Sunday night I should also have MK and MGM schedules for you. Here are the links:

<B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/EPCOTsched.html">EPCOT Schedule</A></B>

<B><a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/AKsched.html">Animal Kingdom Schedule</A></B>

This will make it much easier to calculate up my day! I appreciate all your help...

This was a rushed scan due to a big electrical storm :rolleyes:, but at least you'll have the info.

<a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/MKschedule.gif">Magic Kingdom schedule</A>

<a href="http://www.primateprojections.com/travel/MGMschedule.gif">MGM schedule</A>

Hey missy28 - I REALLY wanted to join you in your "Challenge," but now I have to head out west. :( I leave this Sunday and get back to FL the evening of August 7th. If anyone wants to try the WDW Challenge with me after I return, just PM me. :earsgirl:

And missy28 - The current <I>Mission: Space</I> strategy is to line up in front of the attraction beginning shortly after 3pm (the line grows quickly!) and then HOPE they will open it for previews around 4pm or shortly thereafter. There are no guarantees - no way to know IF they will accept test riders or just Cast Members, or no one at all. I've been lucky and have done it twice so far. I hope to again this Saturday. It seems they decreased the G's somewhat. Either that, or I am getting used to it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter