Going on non single riders rides alone

Swordfry

Earning My Ears
I am going to Disneyland in September, my very first Disney resort trip ever. Late twenties, going alone, but still looking to have a great time. I have kind of a dumb question, as I've never really been a big attraction park fan:

Can you ride all the of the rides alone, or will you always be grouped with a stranger? I know about the single riders lines, and that you will be grouped with stranger sometimes. But what about rides that only seat two people in each compartment? Do they allow people to ride these alone? Like some of the dark rides. And what about the Teacup rides. Do they ever allow people to go alone in them?

I have been going solo to Disneyland for almost 10 years. The answer is it depends on the ride and on the time of day.

Usually the rides which only have room for 2 people such as Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Buzz Lightyear etc etc I always ride alone.

When I get to the loading area, the CM's always ask how many, and I say just 1 and there is never any issue.

Rides which are for 6 or more you will be put with people. Sometimes in Pirates I have a row to myself, sometimes there are others in the row.

In Indiana Jones you will be put in a jeep with others, and you will be sitting beside someone.

It really is no big deal, if you are solo to sit with people. However if you before, just say it to the loading CM, and they MAY agree to let you wait until the next rotation, so that you can sit by yourself without any seat mates or ride mates.

All of the classic dark rides will give you your own row/car as a single rider. The only rides I haven't be able to do alone are Indy, RSR, Incredicoaster, and Guardians. It's unlikely that you'll be able to ride a whole row to yourself on something like Indy/Guardians just due to the way the seating is but I almost always get my own row on something like Pirates or my own teacup.

Yep, what the others said. On omnimover rides you'll have your own compartment (I'm including Peter Pan and the Peoplemover in that), but expect to be seated next to a stranger on boat rides and roller coasters (sometimes I've been given my own row on Pirates or It's a Small World, sometimes not; I think it depends on how busy the line is). It's hard for me to describe where the line is drawn, since then you also should expect to be seated next to someone on Toy Story Mania, which is dark ride-esque...but not on the other shoot-em-up ride, Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin.

I guess I'd say they just tend to seat you by yourself on all the rides you're probably most concerned would be awkward with a stranger?

I've made many solo trips to Disneyland and Disneyland Paris; never had an issue with being a solo rider. Cast members are used to us and are accommodating. (But yes, sharing rows in larger rides isn't uncommon.) I have also fit in beside amother 'single' rider (i.e., Space Mtn, DLP's Indiana Jones), when they were part of a party of 3. No biggie.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter