Going this week, which park for what day?

33Legend

Mouseketeer
We are going to the parks on Thur through Saturday of this week (Dec. 6-8). We are going to Disneyland 2 of the days and DCA 1 day. WOur plan has been to do Disneyland Thursday (using Magic Morning Hour), DCA Friday, and Disneyland to finish on Saturday. While we prefer the order of this plan, it seems it would likely be less busy if we did DCA on Thurs and DL on Friday (We are set on finishing at DL on Sat despite big crowds) avoiding the parks with the early hours. Is the difference in crowds worth doing DCA on Thurs and DL Fri? What we don't like about that is:
1.Not having DCA sprinkled in between two disney days.
2. DCA is only open until 9 on Thurs (10 on Fri)
3. We would have to use our MM for DL on Saturday when we will probably be a bit more tired.

With those things in mind, is it worth sacrificing those things to get the lower crowds? Will the crowds be noticeably different? Seems like the most likely rain and coldest day is Thursday (high of 63 with some showers), Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I think your original plan sounds great. That’s what I’d do too! And I don’t think crowd wise it’ll make much of a difference. Have fun! :wave2:

I would stick with DL on Thurs, Sat and DCA Friday. Use MM on Thursday.

If you are rope drop types, and I know it goes against your plan to do Sat at DL, but with EMH at DCA Friday and DL Saturday, that would argue for DL on Friday and DCA on Saturday.

:wizard:

I would stick with DL on Thurs, Sat and DCA Friday. Use MM on Thursday.

If you are rope drop types, and I know it goes against your plan to do Sat at DL, but with EMH at DCA Friday and DL Saturday, that would argue for DL on Friday and DCA on Saturday.

Ooops, my bad, DCA will have EMH both Friday AND Saturday. So DCA Friday and DL Saturday works.

Ooops, my bad, DCA will have EMH both Friday AND Saturday. So DCA Friday and DL Saturday works.

OP can always focus on Fantastyland and Tomorrowland for their Thursday MM and then skip those sections of the park first thing on Saturday and head straight to other lands that weren’t open during MM. I personally like to do Pirates, HM, Indiana Jones, Jungle Cruise, Winnie the Pooh and BTMRR first thing in the morning... those areas get super packed as the day goes on but are basically dead first thing in the morning.

I think Saturday might be good at DL. Three lower levels of APs are blocked. I would be going on Saturday if my son’s pass wasn’t blocked.

I see. As someone not aware of the way APs work, many annual passes are blocked for Saturday? Thanks for the comments.

I see. As someone not aware of the way APs work, many annual passes are blocked for Saturday? Thanks for the comments.
DL is a locals park and annual passholders make up a large percentage of the crowds. There are different levels of APs. On any given day, if lots of APs are blocked it can result in lighter crowds PROVIDED the park isn’t jam-packed with out of town guests/non-AP holders. APs are generally blocked during peak times so you would expect crowds regardless. Some times (like Christmas to New Years) almost every pass is blocked but the parks will be insane anyway. But sometimes APs being blocked can result in lower than average crowds if Disney doesn’t get the big crowds they predicted for that day.

DCA only has EMH Friday. DL has it Saturday- your original post was correct. :)

There are rumors that World of Color might be back Friday night after a press showing Thurs. So if this happens and you stick to your original plan you may be able to see WoC.

Just an FYI, this Saturday 12/8 and Sunday 12/9 is Disney's Dance the Magic where tons of dancers come in to dance in the Holiday parade. We will be there Thursday -Monday as my daughter will be dancing Saturday. Not sure if it will bring in a ton more people but I'm expecting Friday- Sunday to be more crowded because of this.

Just an FYI, this Saturday 12/8 and Sunday 12/9 is Disney's Dance the Magic where tons of dancers come in to dance in the Holiday parade. We will be there Thursday -Monday as my daughter will be dancing Saturday. Not sure if it will bring in a ton more people but I'm expecting Friday- Sunday to be more crowded because of this.
Do you know if the dancers are able to do rides and such before dancing in the parade? A few weeks ago there was a cheerleading thing and I didn’t notice them around the parks until early evening when they were done with the parade. Not sure if it’s the same way for this group

DCA only has EMH Friday. DL has it Saturday- your original post was correct. :)
LOL, I can't keep that straight anymore! I wanted to confirm but was in a rush. Thanks for correcting my self-correction! ;)

Do you know if the dancers are able to do rides and such before dancing in the parade? A few weeks ago there was a cheerleading thing and I didn’t notice them around the parks until early evening when they were done with the parade. Not sure if it’s the same way for this group

I'm not sure. This is our first year doing this and we have not received our schedule for Saturday yet. The dancers all have Disney Park tickets for Saturday and we plan to go to the parks until she needs to get ready but not sure what time that is. Our dance studio did tell us not to plan anything for our dancers for that day as they would be busy most of the day but the rest of our family will be hanging out at the parks while we wait for the afternoon parade. I believe they have dancers in the parade both Saturday and Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter