Going to a waterpark solo?

mslangen

Mouseketeer
Hi all,

Is there anybody who was on a solo trip at WDW and going to a waterpark such as Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach?

If so, what are your experiences?
If I look at myself I think it would be nice to go to a waterpark by myself because I like that waterrides and like the wave pool.
The only problem for me is how to manage my personal belongings. Of course I can hire a locker. If I do so finally my bagage is stored in the locker and I have the key.
Now the question is how can I keep the key with me while I'm swimming and sliding etc. ?

If you have a solution for this, I will be glad to hear about.

Thank you.

Marcel Slangen

At all the waterparks I've ever been to (which does not include Disney's waterparks so far) they have wristbands that the keys are attached to- so you wear it around your wrist. Or sometimes they have a pin- so you pin it to your swimmingsuit or something.

Surely Disney does this also? I would think if they just had a key alone and that's it- that lots of keys would get lost each day?

we have been to the waterparks a couple of times....and yes they do have the locker key on an elastic wristband so it is easy to take care of. we have left personal belongings such as towels,inexpensive clothing and water on our chairs and have not had any problems. we did lock up money and watches,etc. i am contemplating going to a waterpark my next solo trip too.

katypop:D

We just came back from WDW and had a great time at Typhoon Lagoon. I would not hesitate to go there alone. I think it would be a great place to go solo. We brought our own towel and left them on our chairs with our shoes and belongings. I put our passes and room key in a water tight container around my neck. In the past we have rented lockers at TL but it really isn't necessary. Happy planning!

I lost my key the last time I was at Typhoon Lagoon... I told the CM at the locker rentals and he came, opened my locker for me and gave me a new one to put my stuff in.

The keys have elastics around them so you can wear them around your wrists or tie them to your swimsuit. I put my key into this little bottle... the waterproof ones that you can wear around your neck. Somewhere on the lazy river, the string that was attached the bottle broke off ... :(

I live nearby Disney, and go to the waterparks solo about once a week. I find it very relaxing to read a book, ride the lazy river tubes, or swim in the wave pool.

Generally I don't take anything that has any real value. How much stuff do you need solo at a water park? Here's my list:
  • Bathing suit
  • Shirt
  • Towel
  • Sandals
  • Sunglasses
  • Sunscreen
  • Paperback book
  • Park pass
  • Credit card or cash
  • Car key
  • Waterproof "wallet"
I don't have to worry about my bathing suit being stolen, and no one would want my used shirt, sandals, or towel. I wear the sunglasses. The waterproof "wallet" (sold at water parks) is a plastic container on a cord that is just big enough to hold the park pass, credit card, cash, and one car key.

My general rule of thumb is don't leave anything unattended that would cause you heartache if it was stolen. That said, I've been going to the water parks often for over two years, and have never had anything missing/stolen. It's surprising how honest "most" people really are!

I have stopped renting lockers. I got one of those plastic wallet things that you hang around your neck, that will fit my pass, room key, credit card, resort room safe key and a $20 bill, and keep it on all the time. All I bring with me is a towel, a book, shoes and something to snack on. Losing any of that stuff would be a pain but not a problem. They sell the plastic wallet things in the water parks and sometimes in the resorts. I had one from Typhoon Lagoon but I dropped it and it cracked and started leaking, so I had to get a new one from Blizzard Beach.

I have a PAP, and in non-winter months I will go to water parks 2 or 3 days in a row, so it saves me a lot of locker rental money to have the plastic wallet.

I agree about the palstic wallet. It was very easy to just keep it around my neck. I will never rent a locker again at TL or BB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter