Going To Disney World For My Birthday This Year....Renting A Scooter From The Parks This Time. Instead Of Renting One Off-Site

50surgeries2012

Mouseketeer
039.JPG
I got surprised with a trip to Disney World, for my birthday on November 5th this year. Instead of renting a scooter from one of the offsite companies like I did on my trip with my family to Disney World in February 2018. I'm going to be renting an ECV from the parks. Because renting one off-site is not doable at the moment. This picture was from the February trip. The scooter was from Scootaround. It took a day to get used to driving. I am used to driving my mid-wheel power chair, and not a front-wheel one.

FYI: I have read reports that Disney sometimes runs out of scooters and it’s not possible to reserve in advance

If you change your mind about renting onsite, the companies that rent them will rent one to you - because you are experienced using one.

First, I'm confused by your picture. You show a power chair, not a scooter. To my knowledge Disney at the parks do no not rent power chairs. If you mean rent a scooter at the park, then that's okay.

As the other poster stated scooters are available on a first come, first basis. To be sure of getting one most make sure you get to the park at opening time. You can be put on a waiting list for a scooter if you miss out, but that will probably be late afternoon to get one. As a backup you can use a wheelchair if you have a pusher.

Then you have to get to the park ? Walk to buss stop. Walk through bag check, Then to scooter rental . You have to walk around hotel . Off site rental are nicer because you have the scooter at hotel. Disney springs .

We use to rent Disneys scooters but we had to get the the park early to make sure we got a scooter and it was a long walk for my wife just to get to the scooter rental location. we rented buena vista last time and again for out upcoming trip in November as it worked out great having a scooter all the time with us at the resort and when we went to Disney springs.

it also worked out cheaper over all to have a scooter the entire trip.

I'm probably not the only one who is wondering why you would rather rent from Disney which costs a lot more and you cannot use it to get to your hotel. You must have a good reason.

I got surprised with a trip to Disney World, for my birthday on November 5th this year. Instead of renting a scooter from one of the offsite companies like I did on my trip with my family to Disney World in February 2018. I'm going to be renting an ECV from the parks.

I had a one day trip to Universal/IOS and rented one of their park scooters. For one day trips or trips with a lot of something else besides Disney and you can't transport the scooter, it works pretty well. Boy those park ones are something else though - like driving a really old bus or something - haha!

I hope you have an amazing birthday!!! I'm going to be at WDW for my birthday for the first time ever and I'm super looking forward to it - finally get to wear the birthday button!! :)

Thank you. I contacted ScootAround, and they quoted me $170.00 plus tax, for a Jazzy power chair rental. For all the six days I will be there with my mom, and friends. Which I can afford. So, I am going to rent from them. I’ve rented from them before. While the first time had not been a great experience. The second time wasn’t bad.
It would be better than dragging either one of my wheelchairs all the way across the country on two different airplanes. This is my power chair I use at home.
C1928B80-FA63-4DCD-8DBE-AAB26437331E.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter