Going to DL on Halloween Party Day

Julie's Haircut

DIS Veteran
Without going to the party.

DW and I are planning two days at DLR Thursday and Friday October 11 & 12. One day for DL, one day for CA. Not going to buy park hopper tickets.

Hours: DL Thursday 10/11 8am to midnight with early entry at 7am. Friday 8am to 7pm.

CA: Thursday 8am to 10pm. Friday 8am to midnight with early entry at 7am

We won't be eligible for early entry, and I heard it's wise to avoid whatever park has it if you're not eligible.

I'm guessing the DL party day on Friday will be somewhat less crowded due to the shortened hours.

Most likely we will buy Maxpass.

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Any chance of upgrading to parkhoppers? While avoiding the early entry park isn’t such a big deal, you’re right that DL will probably be emptier on Friday pre-party (and it’s always nice to walk into an empty Fantasyland!), BUT if you do DCA all day on Thursday you are really limiting your DL hours, especially with a midnight close over there that you’d be missing. So if you could hop from DCA to DL on Thursday, that would absolutely be ideal.

Also, I don’t find Maxpass that valuable for DCA-only days, for what that’s worth. The best Maxpass value is when you hop.

Be prepared for the crossover hours on Friday (early entry for MHP -- 4-7 pm) at DL to be very crowded as party guests enter the park and mingle with day guests. If there are any FPs left by that time, they will go quickly. DCA will become increasingly crowded at day guests are forced to leave DL once MHP starts. If you want to have a TS meal in DCA or DTD on Friday, make a reservation now to save frustration. Agree with the pp that park hoppers make the best use of MP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter