good and bad counter service?

stacy6552

Keep to the code!
Hey gang.

We havent done a whole lot of counter service at WDW. BUt this time we're trying not to overdo it.

We love Pecos Bills and DO NOT love Resturauntasaurus.

So what else is out there? Whats good? What should we avoid?

Thanks!

MY FAVORITES:

--Columbia Harbor House in the MK for fish and chips. :)
-- Tusker House in AK (rotisserie chicken)
-- Flame Tree BBQ in AK
-- In Epcot, you can find tons of good counter service places in the World Showcase. My favorites are Cantina de San Angel (Mexico) and Yakitori House (Japan.)

AVOID:
ABC Commissary (MGM)

Pizzafari in AK was really good
Cosmic Rays in MK
Yakitori House in Epcot

MGM counter service is really lacking.

We must have similar tastes since we also love Pecos Bills and don't care for Restaurantosaurus either. We also like the Cantina and Yakitori House in Epcot. I don't know where you'll be staying but we like Roaring Forks in the WL, Mara in AKL, and I know it's not counter service but we love Beaches and Cream at the BC. The one truly BAD counter service we've had was at Rosie's All American Cafe which is outdoor seating in MGM as you walk towards TOT and RNRC. It may have been a fluke but my cheeseburger was truly inedible. One bite and it made me lose my appetite. It was cold and had a very weird taste to it. It surprised me that it was cold because it was extremely busy and we waited in a long line so you'd think the food would be turning over quickly. I also didn't like it there because it was so crowded that while I looked for a table while dh was in line a table opened up and this man (not going to say gentleman) literally pushed me aside to get to it first. Another couple who were almost ready to leave saw it and waved me and the kids over and invited us to sit down and that we could have their table since they were ready to leave (which proves for every rude person you run into there are many nice folks too). Then dh brought the "food" over and people were literally hovering over ours and others shoulders waiting to pounce and we had JUST gotten our food. I hate that! Of course it wasn't nearly as awful as what I witnessed once in Pizzafari when a man LITERALLY pulled a chair out from under a lady in her 60's but I've posted that here before so I don't want to be redundant and bore y'all (but I still can't believe what I saw!)

Hello! Some good counter service places that we found and love are.....

Pecos Bills (MK)
Casey's Corner (MK)
American Adventure Fast Food Counter (Sorry--forgot what it's called! :) @ Epcot in the World Showcase

Bad places....
ABC Comissary (MGM)
Electric Umbrella (Epcot--Future World)

I'm not saying the service was bad--I just wasn't crazy about the food.

Also, don't forget to try and eat at some of the hotels. We like to eat at ....

Captain Cook's (Poly)
POFQ Food Court
Carribbean Food Court

hope this helps! Enjoy your trip! :wave2:

Originally posted by ChesireMeg
American Adventure Fast Food Counter (Sorry--forgot what it's called! :) @ Epcot in the World Showcase
I think it's called Liberty Inn. I agree that it's a good one!

Others I like:

MK - Columbia Harbour House, Pecos Bill's, Cosmic Ray's, Plaza Pavilion
MGM - Backlot Express
AK - Flame Tree BBQ, Tusker House
Epcot - Food court type area in "The Land" (forget the name), Cantina de San Angel, China counter service (forget that name too :rolleyes: )

Not wild about:
MK - El Pirata
MGM - ABC Commissary
Epcot - Fish & Chips window at Great Britain

Columbia Harbor House is great (other choices beside your typical fast food).

Also in MK, grab an eggroll off the cart in Adventureland, then walk up the way to the Dole Whip place for a pinapple/vanilla Dole Whip.

Flametree BBQ has a great pulled pork sandwich and beautiful seating area.

Toy Story Pizza Planet has decent pizza and salad.

We like Yakatori House in Japan(Epcot).

Rosie's hamburger place at MGM was yucky.

My list is a lot like everyone else...
Mk:
Columbia Harbor House
Percos Bill's
Dole Whip
Epcot:
Mexican Cantina
Norway bakery
MGM:
The outdoor "food court" near ToT and RnR
Toy Story Pizza place
Also, POR has a great food court, the best among the moderates in our opinion.

Ones we've liked:
MK
Pirata y P....(whatever it's called)
Pecos Bills
We do not like Pinocchio's...

Epcot
Sunshine Season Food Fair in the Land
Mexico (counter service)
France (pastries!)

AK
Tusker House

MGM
Haven't found a decent one yet

Originally posted by ChesireMeg
Bad places....

Electric Umbrella (Epcot--Future World)

I totally agree! I hope to never eat there again.

We had a horrible meal at ABC Commissary. Granted, it was late in the evening an we were looking for something fast. Maybe the fact that nobody else was eating there should have been a clue. Only truly bad food we've ever had at Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter