Good/Bad Internet and eBay Pin Sellers

This is going to be interesting. I got a response with the expected "return the pin and we will refund your money". Also "we trade with cast members at WDW and wouldn't know if the eyes are black or blue". Then don't show a picture of the real pin and send a fake! Stay tuned. ;)

thewill is now selling individual scrappers, at least he/she did to me. The picture showed the legit pin but the one I got was definitely a scrapper. I have sent a message pointing this out and if not rectified ie I get the real one at no extra cost to me then thewill gets an unpleasant feedback. :sad2:

His recent feedback shows...that you are not the only one he has done that to.
but, running through his listings...
at the lower end price points...there are a lot of obvious scrappers pictured.
If he refunds all your money..
AND..lets you keep all the fake pins...
you should leave him a positive...as...that is like a bribe to do so.:rotfl:
But...If he gives you one iota of an attitude..
which is omnipresent in his responses to other complaining customers...
do not argue..
it is not worth it.
I would give him one chance...tell him if he does not honor everything..you will file a claim.
Remember what I have stated throughout this thread....
as an ebay power seller who fiendishly protects her feedback.[
.even when the buyers are really not entitled to the refunds I give them]...
negative feedback..is not good..
but..it does not really hurt a high volume seller..at all.
what will hurt them...
is the star system and filed cases.
always give a seller a chance to make things up to you in the case that the error..is just that..an error..
and..if they do not...
get their stars.

The problem I have with people saying "we trade at WDW" is many of them show photos of the pins ON the backer card...that really bugs me.
I'm sorry you got a bad pin from thewill, he used to be so good....

The upshot of all is I am returning the pin at his expense (once I get his address) and will reimburse me.

New to pin trading and just found this forum, which is helpful. I just wanted to mention, something seems to have happened to ebay seller Olivejuiceyou21. Their FB rating took a nosedive starting around February 1st - something must have happened I guess?? :confused3 They have no items for sale right now, so I guess that's a good thing, but I just wanted to point this out since they're on the "green list".

New to pin trading and just found this forum, which is helpful. I just wanted to mention, something seems to have happened to ebay seller Olivejuiceyou21. Their FB rating took a nosedive starting around February 1st - something must have happened I guess?? :confused3 They have no items for sale right now, so I guess that's a good thing, but I just wanted to point this out since they're on the "green list".
You pointed out something very important...
I NEVER look at the green list anymore as it is woefully outdated.
I attempted to update it and start a new list about a month ago...
I worked for days..
and..did not get too far..
as most of the top of the list...
needed to be removed...
mostly because the names were of casual sellers that
...have no listings up..,
and have not had any listings for a long time.
anyways..
it turned out to be too much work..
next time i get a free month...:rotfl:
anyways back to the seller that you mentioned...
I looked..and it seems that something has happened..
and Ebay pulled all of their listings due to too many cases being filed against them and i am assuming..
no contact from the seller...
this seems to have happened in the past month or so..
when you see the positives scattered throughout all the negatives..
assume..
they they bought their items before the seller stopped shipping...
and..just did not leave feedback until recently.
As..all of the purchased items were..
"buy it now" items...
i am thinking..
that an unexpected illness or other tragedy is the cause of this..
as they were a half decent seller until recently.
nasty and rude..
with a horrible attitude..
but..they did ship out.
I would not have recommend them before..
as she has a terrible attitude in Responses to her buyers..
but..if you notice..she stopped responding to complaints..
after Dec 28th...
so..that must be around when she stopped shipping.
So, for now..
[IN MY OPINION, Pix:rotfl:]
until that list has been gone over..
I would trust yourself to look for decent sellers..
and..not the list.:wizard:

Thanks for the info on Olivejuice. I still think the list should be used as a starting point, then each person should make their own judgements, but I've felt that way since the beginning. :)
Unfortunately only the thread owner can make changes to the OP. Perhaps I'll have some free time later this month and will be able to work on it too. :) It would be good to have the list updated more regularly. :)

Good to know, thank you. I was wondering how updated the list was. I was using it to check to see if any of the sellers I had been buying from were on it, and to look for new ones that may be reputable (which I did find a couple).

And just my luck....I actually bought from this seller. I had forgotten who I bought from, and since the items haven't arrived yet I went to check that auction. Wouldn't you know it. :headache:

Off to look for more locking pin backs from someone else...........

The problem I have with people saying "we trade at WDW" is many of them show photos of the pins ON the backer card...that really bugs me.
I'm sorry you got a bad pin from thewill, he used to be so good....

I just looked through the listings that thewill has right now, and he's selling unauthorized pins. Just on the first page, I see some of the ones posted here:
http://www.pintalk.com/showthread.php?121-New-Unauthorized-Pins-From-China...

http://www.pinpics.com/cgi-bin/pin.cgi?pin=80816&sid=2478.1297223409.v2

Thanks for the info on Olivejuice. I still think the list should be used as a starting point, then each person should make their own judgements, but I've felt that way since the beginning. :)
Unfortunately only the thread owner can make changes to the OP. Perhaps I'll have some free time later this month and will be able to work on it too. :) It would be good to have the list updated more regularly. :)

Girl,
I will do it with you...
let us start a thread...
as..this one is really not maintained regularly...
and is woefully out of date.
and..
we can share maintaining it...
you do half..
I will do half..
and..
we can both have our own opinions..
sort of like..Siskel and Ebert.:rotfl:
As I attempted to do it before....
and..failed miserably..:lmao:
It is WAY too much work for one human.:wizard:

update for Olivejuice or whoever she is...
I looked a bit more into her...
it seems that she has not sent or responded to anyone in a month..
it seemed like it could have been an illness or worse..
except....
she bought an item...last week.
there goes the illness excuse.:lmao:

Hi all new pin traders. Here is my two cents about the lists. You don't really need to look at the list because some very reputable traders are the ones who try to maintain this thread. :thumbsup2

Just sayin';)

I, for one, am very happy with my dealings, and would love to know how to find out how to leave her some star ratings, or what not.

Anyone want any more information about to whom I am referring, PM me. Unless, of course, my favourite seller would rather I didn't, then PM me as well!

Girl,
I will do it with you...
let us start a thread...
as..this one is really not maintained regularly...
and is woefully out of date.
and..
we can share maintaining it...
you do half..
I will do half..
and..
we can both have our own opinions..
sort of like..Siskel and Ebert.:rotfl:
As I attempted to do it before....
and..failed miserably..:lmao:
It is WAY too much work for one human.:wizard:

I'm down....LOL But I'm super busy this weekend, going out of town, my oldest is getting married and I am going to see her try on some dresses. :) :thumbsup2 I'll start working on it next week and we can collaborate on a new thread. :)
And I love that we have our own opinions and still stay friends. :) :)

Hi all new pin traders. Here is my two cents about the lists. You don't really need to look at the list because some very reputable traders are the ones who try to maintain this thread. :thumbsup2

Just sayin';)

I, for one, am very happy with my dealings, and would love to know how to find out how to leave her some star ratings, or what not.

Anyone want any more information about to whom I am referring, PM me. Unless, of course, my favourite seller would rather I didn't, then PM me as well!

Like who? I'm listed but don't have anything up....the only other person who is a regular here right now is Deb and I don't know if she is listed. :) Feel free to PM me if you like. :)

Hi all. I hope my questions are all in the right place. If they aren't I will edit my post:)
I could really use some help with buying some pins from Ebay. My 6 year old would like to trade and has a full lanyard of pins only purchased from Disney World Parks. I am interested in getting him maybe 10 for our upcoming trip to do some trading. I know he is not a serious collector but that many of you are and I don't want to buy anything that will contribute to circulating junk and ruining the experience for others. Therefore I am askign for some help recommending a few sellers? The main list seems to be somewhat outdated and I am having trouble finding a seller where I could buy maybe 10 or so pins that are authentic without spending a small fortune.
So.. if anyone has any suggestions for a starting point I would really appreciate it:)

Hi all. I hope my questions are all in the right place. If they aren't I will edit my post:)
I could really use some help with buying some pins from Ebay. My 6 year old would like to trade and has a full lanyard of pins only purchased from Disney World Parks. I am interested in getting him maybe 10 for our upcoming trip to do some trading. I know he is not a serious collector but that many of you are and I don't want to buy anything that will contribute to circulating junk and ruining the experience for others. Therefore I am askign for some help recommending a few sellers? The main list seems to be somewhat outdated and I am having trouble finding a seller where I could buy maybe 10 or so pins that are authentic without spending a small fortune.
So.. if anyone has any suggestions for a starting point I would really appreciate it:)

I'm not one of the experts, but I just wanted to share. I've bought 4 pins recently from ebay seller thecharacterwearhouse. He has good feedback (some of the negatives mention slow shipping, but all my items have arrived quickly and were packed very well), gold star rated, and all four pins I've bought from him have been legit and on cards. Some of his pin prices start at 3.95 and he does offer combined shipping. Good luck!

hey girl,
as to the new thread..
I too,will be busy next week..
I have to go to NY again..
need anything from the NYC store?:wizard:
lets start collaborating when I get back..
figure around the 22nd or so.
As to Debs fave seller.....[thank you for the plug girl:lmao:]
pirate::rotfl:
I am not listed above..
as I only sell lots privately...
and..
I rarely have more than 50 or so lot pins in a month.
so..
I can always find private buyers for such small amounts..
[as i always say...REAL pin sellers..cannot afford to charge under 2 bucks a pin.]
and...
at 2 bucks a pin..
it is not worth it to me to list em on the bay...
the commission and fees are too high..
The pins i do have listed there...
are...the higher end ones.
I am also..[as you guys well know]
always paranoid..
that a competitor..
or someone...
that does not like what I have to say about their shady:rotfl:ebay dealings..
will try and buy from me...
in an attempt to ruin my feedback.
and..that..is so..not magical.:flower3::rolleyes:
PS..of course we can have different opinions and stay friends...
I am big hearted..
I even have liberals as friends.
:stitch2:

I'm down....LOL But I'm super busy this weekend, going out of town, my oldest is getting married and I am going to see her try on some dresses. :) :thumbsup2 I'll start working on it next week and we can collaborate on a new thread. :)
And I love that we have our own opinions and still stay friends. :) :)

Like who? I'm listed but don't have anything up....the only other person who is a regular here right now is Deb and I don't know if she is listed. :) Feel free to PM me if you like. :)

I'm not one of the experts, but I just wanted to share. I've bought 4 pins recently from ebay seller thecharacterwearhouse. He has good feedback (some of the negatives mention slow shipping, but all my items have arrived quickly and were packed very well), gold star rated, and all four pins I've bought from him have been legit and on cards. Some of his pin prices start at 3.95 and he does offer combined shipping. Good luck!

I have bought from them before also.
expensive single pins..
and..they sell genuine items.
but..his prices are too high to buy trading pins from.
they are standard prices.,
but..better for collecting than trading.
Did he charge you an additional shipping charge for the additional pins?
that seems to be the catch with a lot of sellers..
adding that 50,75 cents or more..for each pin won..
can make the shipping price..ridiculous.
there is no reason for it...
there should not be an additional shipping charge..
until you get at least 4 to 7 pins.
the thing is..the poster is looking for cheaper traders...
and once again guys..
[I feel like a broken record]..
right now..in Epcot...
at the pin station and at Mouse gears..
they have a really nice 8 pin lot with a lanyard for 15 bucks when you buy 40 bucks worth of stuff.

right now..in Epcot...
at the pin station and at Mouse gears..
they have a really nice 8 pin lot with a lanyard for 15 bucks when you buy 40 bucks worth of stuff.

This sounds like a great way to get started! Anyone know if there is a promo similar to this at DL. That's where we are headed but not until September.

This sounds like a great way to get started! Anyone know if there is a promo similar to this at DL. That's where we are headed but not until September.

If you are not going until then,
even if they do have something similar now..
the odds are..
that it will not be there by the time you arrive.
I am sure..
they will have something similar..
but..the problem is..
that each shop has a different promo..
and..i have not been able to find a master list of what shop has what pwp.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter