Good Disney Springs restaurants?? Staying at SSR

Allll right....what's to love about the boathouse???...haven't seen this much banter about it??? Fess it up!!!
We love art 's place...trying morimoto next trip how is it?
Thanks.

Pretty much you can pick a restaurant there and be good with it. Lots of variety and can't really complain too much about any of them.

Raglan Road is a good value considering the entertainment.
We tried Homecomin' two weeks ago and loved it. Everyone looked at the menu and said, "I'm not excited about anything on here" but it was all excellent. My brother in law said his cocktail was the best he'd had in a long time. Service was outstanding!

Jaleo is fantastic but very expensive.

D-luxe burger is very good and probably the best value at Disney Springs.

Everyone seems to praise Chicken Guy, but I was totally underwhelmed by the basic chicken tenders. Mac n cheese was very good.

We love Disney Springs! Because of the shortened park hours on our October trip, we spent more time than ever at Disney Springs. We went there 4 out of 7 nights, when normally we'd spend 1-2 evenings there. We even commented how it would have been a good opportunity to try a stay at SSR since its so easy to walk over from there.

We also like boring American food. Of all the places we've tried, Homecomin' is my favorite. Its TS and does book up. In fact, for most TS at Disney Springs, I'd suggest booking in advance. When we visited DS on the fly back in October, there were many TS taking walk-up but had 60+ minute waits. Some DS restaurants are also on Open Table. In addition to Homecomin', we had a great meals at Wolfgang Puck and City Works, both TS. In the past, we've had a great meal at Planet Hollywood (Observatory) (TS) as well.

There are many times we will do QS when visiting Disney Springs - our favorites are Polite Pig, Chicken Guy, and D-Lux. Blaze is good too, but its a chain that we have at home, so we usually avoid. We also avoid Rainforest Cafe and T-Rex (owned by the same company) because we have a Rainforest Cafe at home, so we'd rather do something more unique to Disney.

We've enjoyed drinks and apps at The Edison, Splitsville, and the Boathouse. We'd return to any of them, but really enjoyed the outside patio with live music at Splitsville.

If you are visiting DS Friday-Sunday, definitely make a reservation for TS and be prepared for it to be busy.

Last edited:

Raglan Road is a good value considering the entertainment.
We tried Homecomin' two weeks ago and loved it. Everyone looked at the menu and said, "I'm not excited about anything on here" but it was all excellent. My brother in law said his cocktail was the best he'd had in a long time. Service was outstanding!

I think that's a great summary of Homecomin. Basic southern food done extremely well.

Another vote for Boathouse (and Raglan Road), with drinks at Jock Lindsey or WBG beforehand.

We love DS dining. Boathouse, Morimoto Asia, Homecomin are best of the best. Never been to Wine Bar George but heard good things. We are trying the Edison next month in addition to the ones I listed. For QS, we tried Chicken Guy, D Luxe Burger, Blaze, Polite Pig. Snacks are plentiful including Gideon’s. Daily poutine are the best.

Last edited:
Earl of Sandwich is our go-to quick service. We didn't care for the Polite Pig. We enjoyed D Luxe Burger. Cookes of Dublin is another one we really enjoy (Raglan Road's quick service).

A note on Gideon's: if you want to go there, make sure you get there as early in the day as possible. They have a virtual queue that you have to sign up for once they start getting busy, which is usually shortly after opening. Weekends get busier faster. If there is a "limited release" item during the weekdays, you will see it get busier faster too. If you've never heard of them, do a quick google search to see if their treats appeal to you. If so, I would definitely recommend trying it out.

Boathouse is my go to for sit-down. Food is good and love sitting outside by the water.
Earl of Sandwich is my counter service spot!
Terri

I've never been to Disney Springs but I hear it's full of restaurants. We are staying at SSR and not doing parks our first day. What are the yummier but not outrageously expensive restaurants there? Please say if they are quick service or sit down.

Thanks so much! Oh, and we like regular American, boring food!
Hi! At SSR right now. Left review on “DVC Resort” forum in case that’s helpful to you. 13-15 min walk from our building in The Springs. Super easy and well marked.

We ate at homecoming, Terralina, and Boathouse 2x this trip. All were great. Past trips, we’ve enjoyed Raglan, Morimoto and Wolfgang Puck. Jose Andres’ Jaleo is also awesome. I’ve been to the locations in DC many times. A little further of a walk over by the Cirque du Soleil tent. I also shopped/ate at Gideon’s, Everglazed, and Amorettes this trip.

Really convenient walk from SSR. Have a great trip. Note that weekends are much more crowded than weekdays in DS. Go early to dinner if you want or need to walk up. Like 4 or 5!

Morimoto is fantastic and we usually go each trip but for basic american- definitely try D-Lux Burger. The burgers and fries are great and so is the chicken sandwich. We sometimes go there multiple times in a trip.

Homecoming is good but don't order the fried chicken. Not very good IMO but they could have been off their game. Everything else was great.

Polite Pig is soooo good! We ate there twice last week during our stay. We also love Earl Of Sandwich, D-Luxe Burger, Blaze Pizza and the Chicken Guy. Raglan Road and Homecoming for a nicer meal. Gotta get a cookie at Gideons (but check in before dinner to get on the wait list, to maybe get a cookie before you leave the area....long wait times)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter