GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

thotfulspot

<font color=deeppink>least it's in a good cause<br
sweetinmaine said:
I did offer the suggestion to let the consumer know when items will be backordered, especially during the Christmas season.

I cancelled the order and will upload to Costco...Less expensive but no Disney themes...win some/lose some....It's kind of funny...just goes along with all the other RL stuff happening right now :teeth:

Your RL has been Rer than most lately!! I think you're wise to figure out a quick compromise that will let you get your cards out on time with no stress!

thotfulspot said:
Your RL has been Rer than most lately!! I think you're wise to figure out a quick compromise that will let you get your cards out on time with no stress!

I'm pretty easy-going. Besides, the cards were too expensive anyhow..I'll get them for 1/3 the cost of Disney's... :goodvibes AND...I can pick them up tomorrow...Win/win for me! :thumbsup2

I've got to run the dishwasher and few other things...Be back soon...until then, get the party started....And I'll jump right in!

thotfulspot said:
Well, of course you don't, and nobody here would dream of accusing you of it!! :rotfl:

I know I intend to spend lots of time right here -- naturally, all the players will be busy with the challenges, but not every minute of every day, and it would be too sad to see our togetherness fall apart in the heat of competition!

Let that happen after the Global Girls have triumphed and everyone's shocked at the tags we had the Tag Genie give them!! :smooth:

:rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2:

There ya go...payback tags! And I'm glad you intend to stop by...hopefully others will too...

I don't need the nightly cocktail parties (it's hard on a girl's figure) but I'd hate to lose touch with y'all! (Sorry, I start talking southern when I've had a few!

sweetinmaine said:
Oh and Pat!...the offer still stands to order something Disney for you and have it shipped here... :rotfl: You should get it by July! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
That is okay, I can use it for next christmas :rotfl:
dont have aything special that i would like.
mickey ears or minnie ears or a tree topper, or heck, even a mickey mouse price tag would be nice, lol!!
it is disney , that is all that counts :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

sweetinmaine said:
OK...Mini Rant! :furious:

I ordered Disney greeting cards with my grandsons pictures on 11/10/06. Contacted Disney Services today asking where the cards are...I was told that they wouldn't be ready until 12/22/06... :crazy: I wouldn't even get them until after Christmas... :sad2:

Oh that's ridiculous! I'd ask for a discount.

Patnl34 said:
That is okay, I can use it for next christmas :rotfl:
dont have aything special that i would like.
mickey ears or minnie ears or a tree topper, or heck, even a mickey mouse price tag would be nice, lol!!
it is disney , that is all that counts :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Heck, I can help you out with Disney price tags!!!!!

:lmao:

I have a bad habit of treating everything connected with WDW as though it were sacred -- if you really want to walk on the wild side, come to my house and try to throw away a Mickey shopping bag.

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!' I will say in a calm, reasonable tone.

'THAT WAS IN THE MK!!! LOOKY, A HIDDEN MICKEY ON THE BAG!!!' I will further point out.

'LEAVE MY BAGS ALONE, YOU -- YOU BAG THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I will conclude.

Not that I have ever actually gone through the above dialog with anyone, like my DH for example, or anything. :rolleyes1

While we're waiting for all the fun to start, I'll ask you guys for some opinions. We are going to WDW for only 3 days starting 5/31. I can now make my ADR's. We're coming off the cruise with lots of eating and so little time in the parks, so I wasn't going to even worry about food - but then thought I better make some reservations so we're at least forced to sit each day :). So anyway....1st day...not sure what time we'll be able to get to the parks, but Epcot has evening hours - so will probably plan on dinner there even if we pop into the Magic Kindom earlier. Day two will be our main Magic Kingdom day...and they have evening hours - so dinner probably there. Saturday, MGM has evening hours, so I'm thinking dinner there. So where do you like to eat at Epcot, MK, and MGM. We're not doing character meals, because we did do them last time (ok 5 years ago), and I'm going to stay away from the dinner shows since we have so little time for rides.

Disney44 said:
While we're waiting for all the fun to start, I'll ask you guys for some opinions. We are going to WDW for only 3 days starting 5/31. I can now make my ADR's. We're coming off the cruise with lots of eating and so little time in the parks, so I wasn't going to even worry about food - but then thought I better make some reservations so we're at least forced to sit each day :). So anyway....1st day...not sure what time we'll be able to get to the parks, but Epcot has evening hours - so will probably plan on dinner there even if we pop into the Magic Kindom earlier. Day two will be our main Magic Kingdom day...and they have evening hours - so dinner probably there. Saturday, MGM has evening hours, so I'm thinking dinner there. So where do you like to eat at Epcot, MK, and MGM. We're not doing character meals, because we did do them last time (ok 5 years ago), and I'm going to stay away from the dinner shows since we have so little time for rides.
I really enjoyed LeCellier in EPCOT. It is dark and realitively calming after park choas.

Disney44 said:

It's very individual, of course, but my favorite non-character restaurants in Epcot are in Morocco or Mexico, in MK I would always go for Tony's Ristorante, and in MGM I positively adore the Cobb Salad in the Brown Derby. The 50's Prime-Time Cafe is also a major hoot with very nice food, but stay away from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, unless you're just there for dessert -- the food is boring and overpriced, but the movie trailers are fun!

diznygirl said:
Heck, I can help you out with Disney price tags!!!!!

:lmao:

yay!!!! I love disney thingies so a price tag might come in handy some day :rotfl:
they just dont have nice (cheap) disney things overhere.
I do have a nice tshirt that says: if I am grumpy , it must be morning :goodvibes and it has grumpy on it
got that one when I was in amarhillbillyville (amarillo)

thotfulspot said:
It's very individual, of course, but my favorite non-character restaurants in Epcot are in Morocco or Mexico, in MK I would always go for Tony's Ristorante, and in MGM I positively adore the Cobb Salad in the Brown Derby. The 50's Prime-Time Cafe is also a major hoot with very nice food, but stay away from the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater, unless you're just there for dessert -- the food is boring and overpriced, but the movie trailers are fun!

ohhhh, I love the terryaki chicken at epcot :goodvibes
not in a fancy restaurant but kinda like a take out kinda thingy, really small restaurant :teeth:
I make terryaki chicken at times here, but it just doesnt taste the same, sigh :confused3

Disney44 said:

What about LTT for lunch on the MK day--not a character meal and lots really like it. Make it a late lunch and you can ride all morning, eat and rest when it is busy and then head back out in time for the parade. Tony's also gets good reviews at MK. Then have CS for dinner. You could also hop the monorail for dinner at Ohana at the Poly, but that will take more time and $$$.

Can't beat 50's Prime Time for fun and atmosphere at MGM. I haven't eaten at the more "upscale" places like Brown Derby and the Italian place. Who all is going with you?

For Epcot, just pick the cuisine your family likes best! I really want to try the Moroccan place one of these days. The Mexican is supposed to be really good also.

thotfulspot said:
I have a bad habit of treating everything connected with WDW as though it were sacred -- if you really want to walk on the wild side, come to my house and try to throw away a Mickey shopping bag.

'WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!!!' I will say in a calm, reasonable tone.

'THAT WAS IN THE MK!!! LOOKY, A HIDDEN MICKEY ON THE BAG!!!' I will further point out.

'LEAVE MY BAGS ALONE, YOU -- YOU BAG THIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' I will conclude.

Not that I have ever actually gone through the above dialog with anyone, like my DH for example, or anything. :rolleyes1

Okay, Pat gets the price tags, and you get the bags!!

:thumbsup2

lovetoscrap said:
For Epcot, just pick the cuisine your family likes best! I really want to try the Moroccan place one of these days. The Mexican is supposed to be really good also.

To expand on that, BTW, the Mexican restaurant (the one inside, not the counter service place with outdoor seating) is special not just because the food is good, but the atmosphere is so cool -- it looks like you're sitting at an outdoor cafe with stars overhead and a volcano in the distance -- nifty!

And the Moroccan restaurant (is it called Marrakesh? I'm too lazy to pick up one of my 148,237 Disney-related books that are 4 feet away) has great food and an astonishingly beautiful building -- the details are dazzling! They often have entertainment, such as a belly dancer, and an almost secret meet and greet location for Aladdin, Jasmine, and the Genie is just around the corner from the restaurant entrance.

diznygirl said:
Okay, Pat gets the price tags, and you get the bags!!

see, that proves that dutch are not cheap people :thumbsup2
I would be more then happy with a price tag. just make sure it has a really expensive gift attached to it :rotfl2: :lmao:

Patnl34 said:
see, that proves that dutch are not cheap people :thumbsup2
I would be more then happy with a price tag. just make sure it has a really expensive gift attached to it :rotfl2: :lmao:

*snerk*

Disney44 said:

Love the Cobb Salad at Brown Derby too. It's available as an entree at Lunch, but for dinner it's an appetizer for two. A nice starter to the Filet Mignon!

You've got a lot of great ideas for table service restaurants.

When we don't want to do table service restaurants, we have a few places we go for good food that's quiet and relaxing - even if we have to stand in line and get our own food. Since you guys are my good friends, I'll share. :)

At Magic Kingdom we like to eat at the Columbia Harbor House. There is an upstairs seating area that is not well-known, so it's usually a lot quieter than downstairs. And there are condiments and rest rooms upstairs!

At MGM we like the ABC Commissary (although it seems we always eat at the Brown Derby anyway ;) ).

At Epcot, Pat's terriyaki chicken is in Japan at the Yakitori House. It's uphill/upstairs on the left side, as you are looking in. Again, another not well-known place that is usually not crowded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter