GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 2 older DD's were in a car accident tonight...gave their Mommy a huge heart attack!

They were driving back from Ohio with a friend..roads were fine till they hit NY Thruway...45 minutes from home they hit black ice and spin out..ended up facing the other direction...across the road...in a ditch and up against a guard rail.

Car is a mess, but they are fine. Of course it was snowing and poor visibility. AAA got them out of the ditch and they tried to drive home. They were a nervous wreck and they pulled into a service area, so DH and I drove down to get them. A trip that should have been 1 hour round trip took us almost 3 thanks to the snow! BUT I was so happy to see the 3 of them in one piece and OK. Cars can be replaced, my girls can't.

I don't want the cookies I want whatever she's been drinking!

So do I. :rotfl: I'm awake and can get some work done on the private boards...but all teammates have gone to bed and despite being wide awake I'm just worn out and I'm tired of thinking about this challenge. The off and on working of the privates boards has really gotten to me today too. And DD is getting sick and DW is away on business. Right about now I wish we really did have a WPASADI bar to hang out at.

But funny story while this happened. They called my DH right after it happened and while they are talking to him my daughter starts yelling "lock the doors, lock the doors" seems a car stopped and the guy was knocking on the window and trying to open the door...my girls were afraid he was going to harm them...but it was the highway road crew making sure they were ok and letting them know they called someone already.

So they're yelling to lock the doors, my DH is yelling "what's the matter?" over and over and I'm standing next to him in full blown panic! all over the highway guy..

My 2 older DD's were in a car accident tonight...gave their Mommy a huge heart attack!

They were driving back from Ohio with a friend..roads were fine till they hit NY Thruway...45 minutes from home they hit black ice and spin out..ended up facing the other direction...across the road...in a ditch and up against a guard rail.

Car is a mess, but they are fine. Of course it was snowing and poor visibility. AAA got them out of the ditch and they tried to drive home. They were a nervous wreck and they pulled into a service area, so DH and I drove down to get them. A trip that should have been 1 hour round trip took us almost 3 thanks to the snow! BUT I was so happy to see the 3 of them in one piece and OK. Cars can be replaced, my girls can't.

You're right...to heck with the car...thankfully your girls aren't hurt.

But funny story while this happened. They called my DH right after it happened and while they are talking to him my daughter starts yelling "lock the doors, lock the doors" seems a car stopped and the guy was knocking on the window and trying to open the door...my girls were afraid he was going to harm them...but it was the highway road crew making sure they were ok and letting them know they called someone already.

So they're yelling to lock the doors, my DH is yelling "what's the matter?" over and over and I'm standing next to him in full blown panic! all over the highway guy..

That is funny...but it's sad to think that someone could stop to help and the girls would be afraid...unfortunately that's the smart way to be.

That is funny...but it's sad to think that someone could stop to help and the girls would be afraid...unfortunately that's the smart way to be.

It is sad that they had to grow up knowing that fear, at their age I was totally oblivious to the fact that jerks were out there....way too many sick people around now.

I did feel sorry for the guy though...once he explained who he was they were ok with him...but until he explained it, they were a bit afraid.

Not hurt but I'm not sure if they'll drive in the snow anytime soon!

I was in an accident the very first time I drove in the snow too. I had gotten my license about three months earlier...first time driving in the snow...it had just starting snowing and I hit the brakes where I normally would but I skid and bumped the car in front of me. It didn't help that the passengers in that car in front of me acted like I hit them head on at about 100 mph.

B lack Ice is terrible, I slid off the road once with both kids in my pick-up truck. I had to help the kids get out of the passenger door and over a snow drift. The worst part was that I got rear ended 14 times because I could not move the truck. I was even hit by the plow sent to drop salt.

The only good thing about it was I got to see a six foot plus state trooper built like a body builder with a look of shock on his face he jumped macholy from his car only to see his own feet come up level with eyes before his rear hit the ground.

I learned a whole slew of new swear words that night.

Worst part of it was not the truck, they fixed the 5 grand damage to that, the worst part was we were a block and a half from home when it happened.

The only good thing about it was I got to see a six foot plus state trooper built like a body builder with a look of shock on his face he jumped macholy from his car only to see his own feet come up level with eyes before his rear hit the ground.

I learned a whole slew of new swear words that night.

They should catch things like that on COPS.

Quick Hi and Bye from me. CT_Dad shouldn't you be in bed?! In fact shouldn't all of you be in bed?! :rotfl2:

I've missed a bit, but meh.. Can't wait till tonight when I can celebrate Snarky Tuesday. :woohoo:

Quick Hi and Bye from me. CT_Dad shouldn't you be in bed?! In fact shouldn't all of you be in bed?! :rotfl2:

I've missed a bit, but meh.. Can't wait till tonight when I can celebrate Snarky Tuesday. :woohoo:

All of us in the US should all be in bed...but I was waiting up for you for snarky Tuesday. This game has lasted WAY too long...I live for snarky Tuesday.

Good Morning!! Welcome to SNARKY Tuesday! :surfweb: My DH can never figure out why I wake up at 5:30 every morning. Can you say QUIET HOUSE? :tiptoe: I am ready and willing for the NEW audience Challenge! has Ty been here yet?

I don't think so...at least not "visibly"...haven't heard his bullhorn either.:rotfl2:

It's usually around 6:30 I think that a post goes up. I just hope it comes before any of the wild ones get up. ;)
How are things in PA today? It is FREEZING here! Three more days, and then 65+ degrees in Vegas! :cool1: :banana: HOORAY! Some of the attorneys at my office are going to spend Weds and Thurs lunch periods getting me up to snuff on blackjack- that was the only game I didn't lose my shirt on the last time I was there! ::yes:: They are also going to help me figure out how to place the correct type of bet for Superbowl. I already know it will be for Indianapolis, I just have to figure out the odds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter