GOOD MORNING DIS! Whoopsidoodle Hangers On and Friends Meet Here Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe a good strong wind will come along... Wind those kids up!!!

And...we're going out to dinner! Woohoo! DH getting out of his computer chair! I told him to pretend it's the California Grill. We've been looking for an upscale type of restaurant in hicksville PA. Hard to to find, I might add.:woohoo:

Oy!! Update!!! I just checked out the sky from my DS's bedroom window, and not only are the clouds passing, we have a PERFECT view of the moon from there!! :goodvibes Oh happy day! Or night! Whatever!

Best of all, the show is supposed to start in about 10 minutes! Woo-hoo!! :woohoo:

Well, it starts out as a normal full moon, then it gets more crescenty as it enters the Earth's shadow, then when it's fully eclipsed it sort of glows a dull red, which would be very cool to see, say tonight, for example (argh!). Then it goes through the process in reverse. All told, it should be going on for about 4 hours tonight, right there above those clouds (argh!).
Maybe it'll clear and you'll get a peek at it at some point. I'm hoping to see something.

Oy!! Update!!! I just checked out the sky from my DS's bedroom window, and not only are the clouds passing, we have a PERFECT view of the moon from there!! :goodvibes Oh happy day! Or night! Whatever!

Best of all, the show is supposed to start in about 10 minutes! Woo-hoo!! :woohoo:
Yea for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana: Tell

Yea!!! so excited that it double posted! lol

And...we're going out to dinner! Woohoo! DH getting out of his computer chair! I told him to pretend it's the California Grill. We've been looking for an upscale type of restaurant in hicksville PA. Hard to to find, I might add.:woohoo:

We went to Olive Garden for lunch. Yummy! Son and DIL came too! Now I need to start packing...I'm concerned about having to pack camera, laptop (assuming that I make it:rolleyes: ) and handheld video camera. Will I have to turn laptop on for the men at security? I don't think I had to turn the cameras on..not a big deal ...I just hate tying people up at the checkpoints.

Sounds like a better plan than I have for dinner! I'm not used to everyone being home at the same time. I don't have any meal ideas left and we've already ordered pizza and stuff a couple times this week.

I just looked -- there's a mouse bite out of the moon, and the clouds have politely gathered to one side, leaving the moon totally free! :goodvibes

I just looked -- there's a mouse bite out of the moon, and the clouds have polited gathered to one side, leaving the moon totally free! :goodvibes
Cool! Can you take any pictures? They might not come out though.:rolleyes:

What's wrong with that one?:confused3

The Bad Word Filter takes out bad words, even if they're buried within other words. If you take the star from the middle and ignore the last two letters, you're left with a word that the Bad Word Filter doesn't allow.

I think because of the four letters in front of the last oo the censor gets excited, kinda like molasses. Any word containing a potty word is suspect.:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Thotful, I'm so excited that you're going to get to see THE Eclipz, not OUR eclipz. (Good thing I haven't been drinking...I'm already confused.);) But I'm thinking about a nice glass of wine soon....

DS is still at the emergency room. He did get his x-ray, some good pain killer and confirmation that it is a broken bone and not the wrist. I guess that's good. They were waiting on the orthopedist to come set him when I talked to DH 45 minutes ago. Then he wants to go eat at...get this... WAFFLE HOUSE!!! It's the Southern answer to IHOP, although we have those too. OK, not my first choice of dining establishments, but I'm happy to go wherever he wants when he gets "sprung." And you're right, it could be awhile...a little boy with a broken arm isn't exactly high priority or uncommon in the emergency room. I agree, though, if it were Saturday night he might never get out of there.

The Bad Word Filter takes out bad words, even if they're buried within other words. If you take the star from the middle and ignore the last two letters, you're left with a word that the Bad Word Filter doesn't allow.
That's what I thought. But then I was thinking "no, that's too far out of the box." Guess not!

Cool! Can you take any pictures? They might not come out though.:rolleyes:

I can ... try ... but I'm a pathetic photographer at the best of times, and I'm not sure if our camera will work on this. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Now where did I put that camera?

I can ... try ... but I'm a pathetic photographer at the best of times, and I'm not sure if our camera will work on this. Still, nothing ventured, nothing gained!

Now where did I put that camera?
I have a telescope that I used to drag out. By the time I got it all adjusted to see whatever was in the sky, the object or star was out of view. I did get to see a satellite once, and that was neat.

ETA: Fill us in later on what you were able to see!!! I have to share the computer now.

We went to Olive Garden for lunch. Yummy! Son and DIL came too! Now I need to start packing...I'm concerned about having to pack camera, laptop (assuming that I make it:rolleyes: ) and handheld video camera. Will I have to turn laptop on for the men at security? I don't think I had to turn the cameras on..not a big deal ...I just hate tying people up at the checkpoints.

No...laptop just needs to come out of the case. :) And don't forget to take off your shoes.

Or...better yet just don't wear any! (Do they have a rule against that? It would save time!)

Or...better yet just don't wear any! (Do they have a rule against that? It would save time!)

Shoot, I think it's just a matter of time before we are all required to fly naked. At least it'll save time in the security control lines!

I'm going to sign off for a bit to hunt down my camera and switch computers, not to mention do some serious eclipsing. Later, gators!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter