Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast

marcus.ka

Disney Hotel Fan
Hi,

I've read in a post from Bilboo that the Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast is not that good.
How are your experiences? I'm planning this breakfast for our next visit. And for me the quality of the breakfast is not that important to me. I'm more interested in getting to the park (Fantasyland) one hour earlier.
And I also heard that you can ask the CM's not to take the train and walk to fantasyland. And that sounds like a dream: Walking alone along the Mainstreet to the Castle and to the Fantasyland! :wizard: Can someone confim that? :wave2:

I think it actually differs every time. Some people have said they had to get the train, others have said they were let in the main gates and were allowed to walk down Main Street, whereas we were sent to some gates at the right (there is a sign saying "Breakfasts" now, anyway, pointing down the arcade to the right of the main gates) and made to queue and go through some side turnstiles. We were then allowed to walk down Main Street, up through the castle, and to Au Chalet de la Marionette in Fantasyland for the breakfast.

Here's a photo we took as we were walking up to the castle: click to view. Compared to the previous day (and later that same day), it was very quiet.

The actual breakfast food is pretty much the same as you get in the hotels, but you get paper plates and cups, plastic knives and forks, and red plastic trays. It's quite dark in there, and there's less food to choose from (but the same variety) but that's probably because there are fewer people. Also, you don't get shown to a table like you do at the hotel breakfasts (or at least you do at Sequoia Lodge) so you need to find your own table. So no, the actual breakfast isn't anything special at all, but it does mean you get into the park an hour earlier than everyone else.

I noticed that some people seemed to be skipping breakfast to get on the rides first, but none of them really opened until about 9.20 or 9.30 at the very earliest. We got a go on Dumbo after berakfast (about 9.30, I think) and then were first in the queue for Peter Pan when it opened at about 9.45. It's only Fantasyland that opens early, so you have to wait at the rope if you want to be first in line at any rides in the rest of the park. At 10 on the dot we were able to rush over to Phantom Manor (which had been very busy the day before) to be some of the first in the queue, while everyone else was still making their way through Main Street.

So it does have its benefits, but the actual breakfast isn't anything special. :) I would do it again, but I preferred having breakfast at the hotel, so I wouldn't choose to do it every day.

marcus.ka said:
Hi,

I've read in a post from Bilboo that the Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast is not that good.
How are your experiences? I'm planning this breakfast for our next visit. And for me the quality of the breakfast is not that important to me. I'm more interested in getting to the park (Fantasyland) one hour earlier.
And I also heard that you can ask the CM's not to take the train and walk to fantasyland. And that sounds like a dream: Walking alone along the Mainstreet to the Castle and to the Fantasyland! :wizard: Can someone confim that? :wave2:

Hi Marcus,

been there a couple of times and enyoed it. As the others said the food is nothing special..just like at the Sequioa Lodge.
We NEVER went on the train and nobody ever asked us to do this. We always walked down Mainstreet, showed our vouchers at the castle agaon, walked through the castle and were at the restaurant before the people from the train arrived :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Greets Renate :wizard:

I would definately recommend walking rather than getting the train - we did both on our last visit. By walking you save at least 20 minutes and also the restaurant is virtually empty when you get there so there's no queuing for your breakfast. As well as that, walking down Main St and through Fantasyland with no crowds is a delight.

The first time we did the GMFL breakfast it was great, we took the train and had a very civilised breakfast. We couldn't wait to do it again when we went back this time and I was actualy able to book it for three mornings during our stay.
The first morning DS didn't wake up in time so had breakfast at the SL and were very impressed with the spread.
The second morning we actualy made it to the breakfast, but what a disapointment. There was supposed to be a chose of two place but when we got there one was closed. The other was packed, no seats left, plastic knoves and forks, very little choice in food and paper plates UGH. It was nothing but a hassle. We did make it to PP, but Dumbo wasn't up and running. I would not bother doing it again and in fact the third morning we ate in the hotel, it was much more civilised and the food was MUCH better. We did walk up MS this time and it was quiet, but no more quiet than it had been one morning during our last visit at normal entry time when it was raining - in fact we didn't see anyone else in the park until the rain stopped ! We were the only people on IASW
If I were you I would do it because you may have a good experience and at least you can say you have done it if it turns out not to be what you had hoped for. I hope you enjoy it though

Joanne UK said:
I would definately recommend walking rather than getting the train - we did both on our last visit. By walking you save at least 20 minutes and also the restaurant is virtually empty when you get there so there's no queuing for your breakfast. As well as that, walking down Main St and through Fantasyland with no crowds is a delight.

Is there only one train every morning for the GMFLB? Otherwise I can't imagine how you can be the first one in fantasyland if you walk. So if you take the train, you have to wait very long until the train departs?

And I know that every parts with no people is a delight! Thats why I want to do the GMFLB. The food and the attractions are not that important to me. The only important thing is the empty Mainstreet and the empty castle! :cloud9:

marcus.ka said:
Is there only one train every morning for the GMFLB? Otherwise I can't imagine how you can be the first one in fantasyland if you walk. So if you take the train, you have to wait very long until the train departs?

Yepp guess it is this way, as we always are not at the gate before 8am but have always been the first at the restaurant while walking ...and taking pictures off course :rotfl:

Which day shall I book in the GMFLB for you?

Greets Renate :wizard:

I'm really looking forward to this on our trip, even if the food isn't up too much, walking down a nearly empty Main St must be great! And as we're not with kids we probably wouldn't bother with Fantasyland rides at their peak queuing times, so to be able to do Peter Pan etc. early will be great!

I really hope we can book this when we get to the hotel - they wouldn't let us in advance.

EDIT: Single Digit Dance! :banana: :banana: :cool1:

There's only one train, we made sure we were there at 8am but it sat in the Main St station for ages waiting for late comers.

Hey, it was my idea to walk down Mainstreet alone. And if you all want to do the same, we are not alone anymore! So you all take the train and we will be alone on Mainstreet! :thewave:

And don't you dare! :smooth:

Just to add my 2 cents - we do the Fantasyland breakfast every time and we LOVE it!!! It's great to be in the park early when it's so quiet - we've never taken the train - always walked up Main Street which is amazing especially at Christmas. It's lovely if you go before rope drop when other people are in the park but can't get on any rides while you show your breakfast voucher at the castle and swan through!!! We liked the food too - a good spread and as much as you want. We got there about 10.30 one day and they brought out more food for us as most of it had gone as we were so late. Plastic cutlery and paper plates don't matter once in a while and the benefits far outweigh that slight inconvenience. So I would definitely recommend it but ;) the fewer people who take up that option, the better for the rest of us!!!!! Just got back from California and am already getting excited about DLP now - 69 days to go!!!!!!!!!
:banana: :banana: :banana: single digit boogie missj171!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Diberry - I'm dancing like the bananas here!

Although my bananas are slightly subdued by the uselessness of the courier service meant to deliver my digital camera a week ago! I want it before Disney darn it!

Bonnie, that was a beautiful picture of the castle. We have signed up for Fantasy Breakfast for each day with hopes of getting some great photos! Thanks to Renate our trip was expertly planned! :goodvibes In about a week my hotels will be paid I still have planning to do, so I appreciate all these great tips!

Linda

beachbunny said:
Does anyone know why Disneyland Hotel guests can't participate in GMF?

The most plausible reason I've heard for this so far is that, because the Disneyland Hotel and the Hotel New York are smaller hotels, there aren't such big crowds at breakfast time. While at the Newport Bay, Sequoia Lodge, Cheyenne and Santa Fe, by getting some of the guests to go to the park for their breakfast, Disney are lessening the numbers of people that these hotels have to cope with, by seemingly offering a great perk!! :smooth:

I think it's a bit of shame for guests who like the Hotel New York ( :rolleyes1 ) but I can believe that those at the DL hotel wouldn't find it too much of a loss!!

When I asked they told me that the quality of the breakfast in HNY and DLH are superior and therefore are not included

nikki

I'd definitely recommend the Good Morning Fantasyland breakfast. I'm not too bothered about the food as long as there's lots of it (which there is!) and it's supposed to be the same as at the hotels. Just getting to the park as soon as we're up and being in the park for breakfast is great. The restaurant where they've always held it when we've been is Au Chalet de la Marionnette, which is themed around Pinocchio and is a lovely little place. For Christmas and Halloween it was great to get to the park with hardly anyone there and take photos of all the decorations. We've never taken the train but I imagine it could take longer and it's just lovely to walk through the park when it's practically empty. Each to their own but I'd definitely give it a go.

Same here Au Chalet de la Marionnette and the food was plentiful, to be honest I didn't know you could get the train - we've always walked. :earsgirl:

but I can believe that those at the DL hotel wouldn't find it too much of a loss!!

I didn't mean for that remark to sound so snotty!! I just meant as they are so close to the park anyway, I doubt the GMFB would be quite such a thrill as for guests staying at the other hotels. I'm really looking forward to it!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter