Good Morning Fantasyland Breakfast

Hi All,

Looks like my comment started this thread so thought I'd better explain what I meant.

It was on our first visit to DLP back in 2001 when we went to the GMFB so things may well have changed, but the four of us (me, my Wife and another couple, thankfully my son was yet to arrive on the scene) got in the park and were directed onto the train to take us to Fantasyland, were we got off to go to the Au Chalet de la Marionnette.

All's well so far and I've no problem the restaurant either.

Anyway we joined the queue to enter, then the doors opened!!!!!

Now, if the people in the queue with us hadn't been fed in a month that I could probably excuse what happened next, but on the basis they all looked well fed I do have problems with it.

Basically there was a massive rush for the door with people appearing from nowwhere all in a desparate attempt to be the first in.

When we got in we found a quiet corner and stupidly headed over to the buffet where the best way to describe it would be a bad tempered game of Australian Rules Football, there was basically people nearly coming to blows over bowls of cornflakes.

Some people queued, others didn't see the point and just rushed/pushed in at the points they wanted, there was food all over the place, people had plates stacked about as high as you could get them. As I was in the queue past the food arms were just coming over my shoulder to get what was there, it was truely awful!!

Because it was so bad we just ate what we had and left, and that's when it struck me that the rides were empty which meant they hadn't been doing this to get their breakfast quick then get on the rides, it was just the thought of someone getting the food before them.

I'll be honest here and say I do have an issue with bad manners, it's costs nothing to be well mannered but I do think DLP has an issue with bad mannered guests as the best of times, but I had really never seen anything like this in my life, all four of us were disgusted.

Well, that's my GMFB story, a better idea would be to have a character breakfast in Walt's. We done that the next year and it was much better, OK you have to pay but the breakfast was lovely as were the surroundings, the characters are there and you still get into the park early.

Cheers

No offense taken Becky.

Even knowing the difference between the Disneyland Hotel breakfast and the GMF breakfast I would think some DLH guests would sacrifice food quality/quantity to get a jumpstart at the park. Sad that it's not available to all resort guests.

Oh dear, Bilboo, that sounds absolutely horrific and nobody could blame you for being disgusted!!! In my experience it's always been very civilised and I always heartily recommend the Fantasyland breakfast.

I think the Good Morning Fantasyland is well worth it ... even purely for the fact that you get an almost head-start on the busiest land!
True that the breakfast served is the basic continental breakfast you'll find in your hotel, but for something that is free of charge and gets you in the park for 8am to have breakfast is well worth it!
Myself and my family have always been to Disneyland Paris in the summer, and of course this is the busiest time -- Fantasyland can be a nightmare but a GMF breakfast takes all the hassle out of queing -- last time when we had it for the first time, we cam straight out of breakfast and straight onto the rides, getting the majority of Fantasyland done!
Plus, in the summer, the Disney Railroad can get vert busy and queues can be long if you don't get there for early in the morning -- this is a nice way to get that done as well.

Mickey's old friend said:
Bonnie, that was a beautiful picture of the castle. We have signed up for Fantasy Breakfast for each day with hopes of getting some great photos! Thanks to Renate our trip was expertly planned! :goodvibes In about a week my hotels will be paid I still have planning to do, so I appreciate all these great tips!

Linda

Renate,
It's great to happen upon someone "in the know", who can maximize our time at DLPR & make sure we don't miss anything. :teeth: We'll be in touch in August. :hyper2: :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter