• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Good news for people interested in My Disney Girl's Perfectly Tea

I was waiting until the 90 day mark to call to get into the tea. Glad I stopped by this Thread! I'm calling first thing in the morning!! THANKS!!!!!

I took my DD3 to this in Aug. I definitely would not do it again. The food is pretty laughable (ham sand and apple juice for the kids, grapes, crackers, cheese and a sandwich I couldn't identify for the adults; I was starving when I left.) There was a lot of just sitting around. We only saw Sleeping Beauty for about 20 min. You do get a lot of stuff (the doll, some scrapbook pages, a bracelet) but the full price value on that stuff is still only about $80. Maybe my daughter was too young, but I still didn't see the other, older girls going crazy for it. On the other hand, Cinderella's Royal Table was the best!! We saw Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Belle and Mary Poppins. Definitely more bang for your buck there, and it's in the castle to boot! If you're looking for princess interaction, CRT is the way to go, if you can snag the ressie!

Funcinderalla, I'm sorry to hear you didn't like the tea. DD4 and I loved the whole experience. We went in August as well. I enjoyed the food and so did my DD. It was traditional tea sandwiches like lox and cheese, chicken salad, and egg salad as well as English cheeses with crackers. I did think the bracelet was kind of chintzy and the doll isn't all that, but I thought the experience was wonderful. Rose Petal was great and so was Aurora. DD really liked the storytelling and singing. I wouldn't go back to the same event for $200, especially since we already have the doll etc., but if a similar event were offered with different goodies, I would do it again.

You know, I'm all for more Princess Aurora time, but
--
GASP!!!
--
$200 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So....was she in her pink or blue dress?
:) :) :)

Does anybody know why the Princess tea party is not on all year round,why do they stop it then start it again
:confused:

A friend of mine is interested in taking her DD princess: to this in Oct 05.

:earsgirl:

Originally posted by sharon78
Does anybody know why the Princess tea party is not on all year round,why do they stop it then start it again
:confused:

A friend of mine is interested in taking her DD princess: to this in Oct 05.

:earsgirl:

I don't think they necessarily start & stop this event...more that it is still fairly new and probably at $200 aren't sure what the long term response will be!

I currently have it booked for Christmas Eve but I am still not sure that I will be taking DD(8). 1) Because I think she may be too old 2) The biggest reason is because it is Christmas Eve and not Christmas Day! If it was something I could put under the tree for her that would make a huge difference to me! I just think what else that $200 probably $300 after I buy her a dress could buy her for Christmas...books, the new AG doll, etc. and wonder if it is really worth it?

I'm in the same boat with my DD4. I keep thinking about what I could give to her that would be $200 plus that she could actually keep and enjoy for longer than an hour. I know the memories will last a lifetime I guess. My kids have so many wonderful memories that I'm not sure whether or not this one is worth $200. I have ressie's for Dec 27th. I'm going to hold onto the ressie. I have awhile to make my final decsion.

$200=
-2 american girl dolls and one outfit each

-bitty baby twins and outfits

-WDW shopping spree -just outright buy a "My Disney Girl Doll" $45 and spend the rest on outfits

-character breakfast for 8 -almost anywhere of your choice even CRT

-5 times having a hair wrap done (deluxe)

-4 Pal Mickeys

-15 5x7's taken priofessionaly at WDW

-10 WDW hats

-15 light up spinner toys

I don't know. What do the rest of you think???

CStraub,
I totally agree with you and I am leaning more towards cancelling. Like you I'm not sure that I need to spend $200 for DD to create great memories for DD. DD has been quiet a few times and already has great memories (like her 6th Bday at BC) but this year will be extra special because Grandma & Grandpa will be joining us. For DD that is fabulous because we live so far from family.

I loved your list! Could tell me more about the prefessional photographs at Disney?

The photography I am refering to is just the CM's who walk around and take your picture in the park with Characters etc. The CM's that sanp your pics and then hand you a card with a number on it. Not truly professional but the pics always turn put nice.
I know you can hire a professional photographer to take pictures of your family at WDW but I know very little about it.

We are also travelling with Grandparents which we also did last spring. We never dreamed they would want to come along again. They are more excited this time than the last!!LOL

When is your reservation for?

I agree. $200 is outrageous!
Even if the doll and accessories were $100, that's still $50 each just for sandwiches, tea and an hour of stories?!

To each their own I guess, but I'd rather spend the money elsewhere and see the Princesses right in the parks. DD met Cinderella, Aurora and Jasmine in Innoventions a few years ago. She had all the time she wanted to talk to them and get their autographs. It was free.

That's what I keep thinking. My DD4 has met the princess's so much that sometimes she does not even aknowledge their presence (of course I make her say hello and thankyou!).
I'm still going to keep my ressie but feel free to talk me out of this. My DH would love to spend the money elsewhere! LOL

I did this with my DD12 last October and here's my personal opinion: We had the MOST WONDERFUL time of our lives at the tea. It was so special and I'm so thankful we had the opportunity to spend that time together - I wouldn't take anything for the memories we made that day! (We talk about it all the time and about how sad we are that she's too old to do it now and we'll have to wait until she has a little girl for us to go back.)

BUT, most of the girls there were very young - maybe 3-6 years. There were a few that were maybe 7-8, and then my DD who was 12 (at that time the age limit was 12, they've since lowered it to 11). It seemed to me that the little ones really didn't get a lot out of it and although they were really cute, I probably wouldn't spend the money at that age. The adults seemed to enjoy it more than the kids. So my opinion is, if you and your DD really LOVE tea parties, princesses, dressing up, etc., then you'll enjoy it, especially if she's older. If not, I probably wouldn't bother. HTH

Cstraub

We will be at Disney Dec 17-26th. We are staying at CSR, I had really wanted to stay at the Poly or Wl but because we have 3 rooms it really wasn't feasible.....especially when we will still be spending another 2weeks in Florida.

<That's what I keep thinking. My DD4 has met the princess's so much that sometimes she does not even aknowledge their presence (of course I make her say hello and thankyou!).
I'm still going to keep my ressie but feel free to talk me out of this. My DH would love to spend the money elsewhere! LOL>

See this is what I am afraid of that we "think" that this will be an awesome experience and at $200 I expect AWESOME but for the girls it might not be much different than any other Character meal!

BTW I happened upon PS for CRT today...it happened to be available when I called for my other PS so I took it just incase!

It's better to have a ressie now for everything you think you may wnat to do than to get down there and decide you wanted to do something and it is booked.

I'm going to PS CRT too just in case. We have done it before but my parents have not. They will love it!

I'll have to see more people's opinions and good experiences to convince me to go the the Tea Party.

Here is my take on the $200.00.

My review of the tea is posted elsewhere for those who wish to read it.

My daughter (17) and niece went with me paying for it. My niece is 4 and is sometimes difficult. She is one of those children that likes it her way now. I struggled with them going or not but not because of the other type of items one could buy for that amount of money.

I decided to go for it and I am so glad we did. First off Aurora is my niece's very favorite character. Next we made an event of it so Amanda knew that this was special. I took Amanda and Chloe shopping for dresses and shoes to wear to the event. I don't think Amanda does that often...I think her mom just normally comes home with clothes for her. She absolutely loved trying on the dresses with her big cousin and then modeling for me while we chose them. She was so proud of herself.

Next we talked about how special this event was and how she couldn't say "ick I don't like that" and rather she needed to say "no thank you." It was really funny watching her practice that.

The morning of the tea she was the first one out of bed. We had no trouble at all getting her moving. She was so excited that Chloe was doing her hair and nails (nothing special at all there) and they were going to the tea.

Chloe took many pictures of the tea and we have them included in the scrapbook but in addition to that some of the pictures were so absolutely darling of this child we wondered who she was! I made an additional little collage of my favorites for my travel room wall.

Amanda still talks about the tea and beams when she looks at the photos. I am so very glad they were able to make this memory together.

We are a family that does have lots of memories so this isn't like its the only memory but rather another special memory of time spent with her cousin,

I would not do the event a second time as I do think its a once in a lifetime event but I would do a similar activity again.

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter