Good reason to (re)merge youtube channels?

I watch less now that the channels have been split. And I recently subscribed to another Disney YouTube channel that hadn't been on my radar. I get it from a monetization standpoint. But as a viewer, I don't want to subscribe to all of those channels. If it was a split between Universal and Disney, then that wouldn't be a big deal. But this split between lots of channels.

I also watch less DIS content now that the channels are split.

For example, I don't subscribe to the DVC channel since I am not a DVC owner nor want to be. Before the channel was split, I was likely to watch DVC content that included anything that was of interest as a cash-paying guest. Now I skip the whole channel.

It's not a big deal to me as I watch other channels instead to fill in where I used to watch more DIS.

Flippin' youtube algorithms. Youtube isn't as good as it used to be.

I also watch less DIS content now that the channels are split.

For example, I don't subscribe to the DVC channel since I am not a DVC owner nor want to be. Before the channel was split, I was likely to watch DVC content that included anything that was of interest as a cash-paying guest. Now I skip the whole channel.

It's not a big deal to me as I watch other channels instead to fill in where I used to watch more DIS.

Flippin' youtube algorithms. Youtube isn't as good as it used to be.
I agree YouTube is making very difficult to find without the high engagement. I currently am subscribed to 3 of their channels so I feel like at times I could be missing out on something on the Tuesday show if I didn't watch the other channels

Anyone know what is going on with Connecting with Walt, I can not find any newer shows since April 23rd.

perhaps they could have staggered this over a longer period of time. hey everyone this month we're moving the dining reviews to this channel. then 2 months later ok we're moving all the universal stuff over to this channel.

but if one or even two years from now they have multiple channels with over 100k subscribers, well, it worked.

Looked quickly to show you, and this is the best video I came up with in short time. Funny we're talking about this - ever since they opened, anybody that knew me when I lived in North Jersey knew that if, God forbid, I needed hospice, I wanted it to be at Villa Marie St. Claire (subject of short video). Without gong too deeply into it, I know somebody that worked there as a hospice, nurse, new several doctors who had referred patients there (the Medical Director shown at the end, Dr. Vialotti - but to all as "Dr. Charlie" actually LIVES there, by choice, so he can be there, if needed, 24/7) and have known several people, or relatives of friends, who have passed away there. I also visited a friend in another residential hospice (not common in NJ at all - mostly, if you can't/don't die at home, you go to a hospital - not nice at all - and that hospice was also very cold, sterile, not "home like" like Villa at all. Villa used to be a convent, so it's lovely. Anyway - 'nuff said - funny we had this conversation. It's still my intention - IF needed - and IF I could (don't know, as I'm out of County now, this place is where I used to live, about 2+ hours away) to go there if needed. Especially since I really have no friends around here, and no significant other, or family.

I think you've replied to the wrong thread. :confused3

Using Facebook groups as part of marketing for a business is something thats recommended by marketing professionals. No one recommends using forums for marketing purposes any more.

I'm sure it's what marketing professionals recommend, but as the person being marketed TO, this makes no sense to me. I hate using Facebook - I have never found a decent way to have threaded conversations like a forum. I am the primary administrator for a Facebook page for a large club in my town and it is the only reason I even keep a Facebook account. Full conversations just don't seem to happen there - someone may initially post something interesting, but then the replies are all out of order and the replies to those replies can only be seen by clicking on a "see more" link. Trying to search for a post you know you saw 2 weeks ago is a major pain. Heck, even trying to find something that came through my feed a couple hours ago and now I want to show someone can be nearly impossible!

I know that Facebook supposedly has a huge user-base, but no one in my family really uses it at all (DH, myself, DS22, my parents, DH's parents) so it certainly isn't everyone. DS22 claims no one in his age group really uses it - they might have an account from years ago, but they aren't actively watching it or posting on it.

I use Dreams for my WDW vacations even though I don't really need a travel agent and that business comes to them directly from the forums. Without the forums, I would still be booking my own trips. Marketing professionals may think forums are old fashioned, but I suspect that there are plenty of us that can still be reached this way.

Back to the original topic - I'm fine with the YouTube videos either way - all on one channel wasn't too big a pain, I just skipped what I wasn't interested in watching and now I can usually find what I want with the way it is split up.

I hate using Facebook - I have never found a decent way to have threaded conversations like a forum. I am the primary administrator for a Facebook page for a large club in my town and it is the only reason I even keep a Facebook account.
Got to agree with you Pam. I'm an admin on three FB pages (2 are DIS related) and yes, its impossible to keep a thread on track. Let alone follow the rules you've set for the page. The term "herding cats" comes to mind.

Its been a long time - hope you and the family are well.

I personally like that the channels have been split up because it makes it easier for me to get to the content I'm particularly interested quicker and also helps me find older content I'm interested in because the videos are organized better. I will admit however, that it wasn't until a couple weeks ago that I finally took the time to go subscribe to all of the other channels. Maybe that extra effort that users are having to take, even though its small, has caused them to lose viewership in the short term. I do believe that in the long term though this can only benefit them because I think it's a lot easier to retain new viewers when the content across a channel is consistent. I'm no expert though. LOL!

I was much more likely to watch content unrelated to my interests when it was all in one channel.

I'm not moving to Orlando, so I have no reason to subscribe to that content... but when a Moving to Orlando video was uploaded to the main channel, I watched, just because it was presented to me.

I realize that this is not the same experience for everyone... just my 2 cents.

I was much more likely to watch content unrelated to my interests when it was all in one channel.

I'm not moving to Orlando, so I have no reason to subscribe to that content... but when a Moving to Orlando video was uploaded to the main channel, I watched, just because it was presented to me.

I realize that this is not the same experience for everyone... just my 2 cents.
Going on the logic of “I watched it because it was in front of me...” you understand that if you just clicked “subscribe” to the channel one time, that in future the content would be presented for you to watch, right? You don’t really have to go out of your way at all.

this isn’t just directed at you by the way, several people on here have said “I’m not a dvc member but I watched x content anyway”- subscribe, and then just don’t watch the videos that don’t interest you.
I’m never moving to Orlando and not yet a DVC member, but I subscribe to both, and watch about 50% of the content on each. It ain’t rocket science.

I know nothing about the business side of YT, so I have no thoughts on that. But from my perspective as an occasional viewer (I usually listen on the podcast app), I prefer the channels split. IMO, it makes it much easier to find things. For instance, I will listen to the Moving to Orlando shows while I'm driving but later on I like to go back and look at the videos, especially when there are photos or video tours of an area. Much easier to find that on the Moving to Orlando channel rather than sifting through the dozens of other videos on one channel.

I wasn't sure if I'd like the split, but really it isn't a big issue. Now I subscribed to the channels I wanted. Am I missing some video that I might have watched before? Maybe. But I am not moving to Orlando, so never watched those videos and now I don't even see them listed. Sounds like that's better for their statistics.

The only reason to remerge the channels would be if they are seeing a drop in overall traffic or adsense revenue. If revenue is up from YouTube, then splitting them was a good idea. If revenue is down, then perhaps it wasn't. We won't know. They won't change back simply for the viewer experience.

I would rather it be on all one channel. I feel as though sometimes it’s hard to keep track of all the shows on different channels. I think I may have missed shows cause they are splitting the shows

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter