Goodbye Olly

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Oliver today! He was standing RIGHT next to me on the monorail from TTC to MK. I didn't really know what to do! I didn't want to say like I'm going to miss you??? What would you all do?
Three weeks ago, I wouldn't get it. But I just started watching some of the podcasts and videos on youtube and discovered how much I love his contributions. I would probably have been resisting hugging him and wishing him the best, but trying to figure out if I should respect his privacy.
Either way, I wish him the best!(And I will definitely be checking out American Adventure in April when I visit Epcot)

Either way, I wish him the best!(And I will definitely be checking out American Adventure in April when I visit Epcot)

I'm sure he'll be sitting there for all of the Voices of Liberty performances . . . NOT.

He cracked me up over that. :teeth: [in case anyone has forgotten, that is one of his least favorite things at Disney. Their singing pushes him over the edge.]

when did they announce him leaving did I miss a podcast.

he was very funny. sorry to see him go.

but does that mean there is an opening now :) and where do I sign up

when did they announce him leaving did I miss a podcast.

he was very funny. sorry to see him go.

but does that mean there is an opening now :) and where do I sign up

They announced it on the Tuesday show (Craig read a statement from Olly) and then again mentioned it on the Universal Show on Thursday.

I imagine with Steve returning there isn't a position open even with Olly's departure.

I am so sad that Oliver is not part of the DIS team anymore. :sad: He seemed to have such a great rapport with the group. It won't be the same without him. I wish him luck in all his future endeavors. :car:

Sorry to see Oliver going! As a fellow Brit I enjoyed his pronunciation and use of English phrases which would immediately be followed by either a confused look or sarcasm (or both)!

Oliver: "It'll throw a spanner in the works"
Pete: "What the hell is a spanner!?"
:laughing::laughing:

Sorry to see Oliver going! As a fellow Brit I enjoyed his pronunciation and use of English phrases which would immediately be followed by either a confused look or sarcasm (or both)!

Oliver: "It'll throw a spanner in the works"
Pete: "What the hell is a spanner!?"
:laughing::laughing:
I think I missed this episode. What is a spanner?

Mike is right it is

But in the UK you can also use it as an insult for example:

"Oh my god Kate you are such a spanner!" (yes I have been called a spanner before lol)
Cool - I knew a spanner was a wrench, but didn't know it could be used like this - will hae to REMEMBER this! :) Guess it's like calling somebody a "lugnut" or "tool" or "toolbag" here across the pond. :) I've also been known to call stubborn people "hammerheads". :)

Cool - I knew a spanner was a wrench, but didn't know it could be used like this - will hae to REMEMBER this! :) Guess it's like calling somebody a "lugnut" or "tool" or "toolbag" here across the pond. :) I've also been known to call stubborn people "hammerheads". :)
Haha, you can call someone a lugnut?

UGH!! Doesn't pay to get attached. Oliver you will be missed and I hope whatever and where ever life is taking you, you are WILDLY successful and blissfully happy!!

PS: Kevin, were you able to get that tracker in him? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter