• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

Since we're posting alternative locations.. Here is my 360 from behind the castle. this was second night, it got really humid and no wind so smoke wasn't clearing.. Find to watch :) I would have hated to went out of my way to be in the hub, it's rare for behind the castle to block seeing some fireworks through the smoke.

anyone who has watched from a resort, were the projections still evident or was it just fireworks, pyro, and music?

anyone who has watched from a resort, were the projections still evident or was it just fireworks, pyro, and music?
If you look at the TTC video that's a similar view to what you'd have at the Poly. You can still see some of the projection but obviously not as good as in the park.

If you look at the TTC video that's a similar view to what you'd have at the Poly. You can still see some of the projection but obviously not as good as in the park.
I have never done resort viewings before but I might have to this next trip. thank you!!

I love watching these different perspectives of HAE :'D I've only seen it from the front but I'm definitely going to try watching from behind next time!

That looks even better from there than I thought it would be - really can see how high some of the fireworks go

I think that should be the meet spot for the pre-Dis20th party viewing group - I see in the comments they filmed from the Ferry Dock

Thank you for this - it's totally different than the "Power Point Castle Presentation".

My wife and I will endeavor to get AWAY from the "Power Point Castle distraction". What you have shown looks like a FIREWORKS show - not a "Power Point presentation".

We now believe that this show will be BEST watched avoiding the castle distraction altogether :). Any worries I had about this show, as viewed from the CA Grill, have vanished. Both the Grill, and Narcoossee's, may indeed be superior -no slide show to distract from the real event.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

Thank you for this - it's totally different than the "Power Point Castle Presentation".

My wife and I will endeavor to get AWAY from the "Power Point Castle distraction". What you have shown looks like a FIREWORKS show - not a "Power Point presentation".

We now believe that this show will be BEST watched avoiding the castle distraction altogether :). Any worries I had about this show, as viewed from the CA Grill, have vanished. Both the Grill, and Narcoossee's, may indeed be superior -no slide show to distract from the real event.

"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."
I don't know how projections look like a slide show? I'm glad they still have a lot of pyro but the projection in this show adds to the story.

I don't know how projections look like a slide show? I'm glad they still have a lot of pyro but the projection in this show adds to the story.

it's actually the part I am most looking forward to. I am worried I won't see enough from a resort

Behind the castle if you don't mind looking back and forth and being under some of the fireworks was a pretty good viewing spot for just the fireworks and lights (you can't see lasers from back there). I liked it a lot without the castle.

I always wondered how Disney did those projections...now I know that it's just simple powerpoint! :rotfl2:

Seriously though...the projections appear to be a serious enhancement to the experience. I'm sure people will like to experience different views (i.e. behind castle, Cali Grill, Poly Beach, etc.) but I'm surprised that anybody would not want to experience it front and center as it was intended at least once.

Watched it. Visually stunning but totally broken up, no flow or continuous story to it. Like a bunch of unconnected segments thrown together without smooth transitions and then a half decent attempt to tie it together at the end. No emotion or connection just a visual treat.

I'm going to wait until I see it in person to pass full judgement, but these were my thoughts exactly. Visually impressive and glad to see that they didn't skimp on the pyro, but the flow of the storyline was terrible. Wishes took you on a precise journey. I couldn't really tell where this was ever going, and when you got to the next "scene", I kept asking myself "how did we get here?".

still looks lovely without the projection if you're watching from another locations.

Last edited:

I'd agree Rteetz, except there really isn't much of a "story" to this show. The projections are impressive though, and so are the lights which I was worried would just looks 90s and tacky. It's really well done visually.

I'd agree Rteetz, except there really isn't much of a "story" to this show. The projections are impressive though, and so are the lights which I was worried would just looks 90s and tacky. It's really well done visually.
I'd argue that and say it's kind of the same story as Wishes except you are going out and finding them. We are seeing in the visuals the characters going out and reaching their "happily ever after".

I'd argue that and say it's kind of the same story as Wishes except you are going out and finding them. We are seeing in the visuals the characters going out and reaching their "happily ever after".

Nah that's a cop out to me. There is no story there. There is no narrative that is continuous throughout the show. It's all broken up, it's like little segments of story that don't necessarily seem related to one another. I mean you could play highlights of almost any movie and say the same thing. But they aren't put together in a way that tells a story. Hard breaks between segments with NO transition, nothing to link the sections together. I mean you can go back at the end and try to find what links the segments together, but that's not a story. That's "hey what did the highlighted clips all have in common despite not having any connection to each other" finding a common trait in a dozen movie clips is different than telling a story.

Nah that's a cop out to me. There is no story there. There is no narrative that is continuous throughout the show. It's all broken up, it's like little segments of story that don't necessarily seem related to one another. I mean you could play highlights of almost any movie and say the same thing. But they aren't put together in a way that tells a story. Hard breaks between segments with NO transition, nothing to link the sections together. I mean you can go back at the end and try to find what links the segments together, but that's not a story. That's "hey what did the highlighted clips all have in common despite not having any connection to each other" finding a common trait in a dozen movie clips is different than telling a story.
We will have to just disagree then. I don't think added narration is needed and I feel there is enough story there. This show tops wishes for me even though I haven't seen it in person.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter