Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

I am in agreement with a lot of others, I just still hope its heavy on the fireworks. There is just something viscerally pleasing about fireworks that projections and drones can't do. The boom, the FEELING of the sound passing through your body, the smoke, the smell, everything.

This sort of offsets my sadness over me missing the opening of Pandora, our May 13 - 26 trip is going to be interesting it seems.

1 - Going to miss wishes, and sad as my mom is no longer with us and we have great memories with her and that show. She loved Fireworks and loved wishes.

2 - Looking forward to seeing the new show, thats exciting, we will be there for the second night

3 - Wondering if MK is going to be reallllly crowded for those first few nights, could be a bit of a pain.

4 - Sad that we are going to miss the opening of Pandora, by ONE dang day, (AGAIN)

5 - Excited that Rivers of Light will be running, and it wont be too close to its open, so should be able to get an FP, and hope that some of the bugs are worked out by then.

Oh well - it will be staking out a spot on the Hub at least 1-2 hours beforehand for us as per usual then. Good thing my DH is super chilled about holding a spot while the rest of us do more attractions.

Everyone is different, but I just can't imagine staking out a spot for 1+ hours for fireworks. I'd much rather be experiencing the park, and maybe find an opportunistic spot to view the show as it starts. I enjoy fireworks and shows as much as the next person, but you wait in line enough at the place.

I too am really concerned about the projections being too low on the castle. It's already difficult to see the new Once Upon a Time projections. I had to hold my DD 10 up to see them and of course more parents in front of us had their kiddos up on their shoulders.

I am the one that stakes out our spot and 1-2 hours is no big deal for me. DH takes the kids on rides and I get to sit, soak in the Park atmosphere and people watch. I love chatting with other guests holding neighboring spots, listening to the park music, trading stories and tips.
Honestly, it's one of my favorite parts of the day- so relaxing for me.

I'm the same way with the parades. Great to watch if you happen across it, otherwise it just means fewer people waiting in line.

This is probably a discussion for another thread, but I was just thinking about this the other day.
I will (and do) happily watch Friendship Faire 5 times a day, every MISI, and stake out my spot for FOF. And I do this every weekend. Everyone thinks I'm ridiculous for doing this, but then the same people will turn around and ride the same ride over and over and think it's totally normal. Im one of those people who enjoys entertainment over attractions, so that's how I will spend my time waiting.
I also have a very loose equation in my mind about how long I'm willing to wait for something. Essentially, the longer the event, the longer I will wait - no way I'm waiting more than half an hour for a 3 minute ride that doesn't ever change (my usual personal limit is 15 minutes if I'm by myself). But a 20 minute parade featuring 100 performers that only happens once a day and is different every performance based on performers? I will absolutely spend time staking out my prime spot.

This is something to follow...I would ask (and I'm not gonna get...oh well) that bear this in mind before we get the "it's gonna be great!!" And "ugh...I have to move my trip up!!!" Stuff

Yes, what were they thinking? Only giving us 3 months to kvetch about this before the change???:earboy2:

I just missed grand opening by a day. My mom is kind of pissed but I'm looking forward to this, I hope she like it

Everyone is different, but I just can't imagine staking out a spot for 1+ hours for fireworks. I'd much rather be experiencing the park, and maybe find an opportunistic spot to view the show as it starts. I enjoy fireworks and shows as much as the next person, but you wait in line enough at the place.

There are multiple strategies to reduce wait times for rides and I use them all (rope drop, strategic FP+ use, order of rides with a good touring plan, etc etc). Unfortunately, without a FP+ viewing spot (and they are now long gone) or paying for a dessert party - no way around dealing with the crowds if a good fireworks spot is important to you. So, we pretty much don't wait in line for the rides - and spend hours staking out our spot for the fireworks!

One year we were there during Christmas Week - we got our little spot in the sea of humanity and waited a couple of hours (maybe more? I know we watched 2 showings of the Christmas Castle Show and Elsa lighting up the Castle during that time).

A list of IPs in the show

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Jungle Book
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Peter Pan

I too am really concerned about the projections being too low on the castle. It's already difficult to see the new Once Upon a Time projections. I had to hold my DD 10 up to see them and of course more parents in front of us had their kiddos up on their shoulders.

I am the one that stakes out our spot and 1-2 hours is no big deal for me. DH takes the kids on rides and I get to sit, soak in the Park atmosphere and people watch. I love chatting with other guests holding neighboring spots, listening to the park music, trading stories and tips.

Shoulder kids was our issue. We got a spot right behind a railing in the hub about an hour ahead of time. Nobody could stand in front of us for about 8-10 feet. It was a great spot, but then the shoulder children all appeared when the show started and we honestly couldn't see a lot. Like I said in my earlier comment...if they'd have just put the projections on the center of the castle instead of the bottom we'd have been fine.

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Jungle Book
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Peter Pan

So quite unlike ROL.

I'm kind of crying inside. Okay, actually literally have tears in my eyes. This looks beautiful. All this new stuff: this, the Star Wars fireworks and SWLB, ROL, FEA, Avatarland... And still so long till our next trip. I'd give anything to be able to go back this summer.

They're changing it - well that just **** perfect considering I only ordered this last week......

Attachments

• IMG_1144.JPG
    IMG_1144.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 55

This sounds wonderful.

Our trip is ends on May 11. Will wishes be showing right up to that date or will there be no fireworks for a few weeks?

The disney calendar still says wishes on May 12.

Last edited:

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Jungle Book
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Peter Pan

What do the asterisks denote?

Also, happy to see Hunchback on that list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter