• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got My Suitcase and a Dream – A DCP Adventure Updated 1/28

Very enjoyable to read your Disney dcp adventures! Good luck in the next part of your life!

Thanks for sharing with all of us!

Thank you for sharing your journey. I've loved following it and I wish you all all the best for your future.

Just think to the future, when you have kids what a great story to tell.. I worked for Disney in College. And having documented your journey is even better!

This was lovely to read! What an incredible experience. I wish I had known about the DCP when I was your age! I wish you nothing but the best in the future :goodvibes

Your trip report was so refreshing to read! Your honesty grabbed my heart and I felt like I went on your journey with you. Thank you so much for sharing your DCP with us, I can't wait to hear about your next adventure!

My Life After The DCP

Well it’s been 3 months since leaving the most magical place on earth. My life returned back to “normal” back home and it’s like I never left. While at times it feels like my program never happened, I’m soon reminded how it did and how much I want to go back.

For anyone thinking of doing the DCP in the future, don’t it’s a trap! Once it ends you will be heartbroken and just not yourself when you are “forced” to go back home. The first week is the hardest, at first its great to see your family and friends but after a couple of days you’ll wish you could go back to the fast pace life the DCP gave you. You’ll regret any morning you decided to catch up on sleep and not go to a park, because you will not be 15 minutes away from the parks anymore. You’re sleep schedule will be messed up for about a month, what do you mean you want me to come in to work at 7am? I don’t know how to fall asleep before 2am! That was a life struggle. You’ll want to talk about Disney 24/7. This was a problem of mine even before my DCP and luckily my family is use to that, so by now they just tune me out and my random outbursts into Disney songs. You’ll wish you could just go back to Patterson Court and live there, even though you weren’t the biggest fan of your roommates and the bed bugs they brought, trust me for some odd reason you will miss it.

And some other things that will be true when your program ends…

http://megzdisneymagic.tumblr.com/post/84778577435/signs-you-have-pdcpd-post-disney-college-program

But then again you should do the DCP because you will get to experience one of the best things to ever happen to a Disney fanatic. And while I really sucked at recording my time in florida here are some videos of my time down there.

DCP (pretty much only september)

Early Christmas on the Wonder

My life hasn’t been all that exciting as it once was but I am happy to be home.
I've decided to put grad school to the side for now till I decide what I actually want to do with my life. Work welcomed me back pretty much my first week back home and my skills at rubbing toddlers back during naptime, taking care of diaper blowouts, and being a human jungle gym were still on point.
But as much as I’m happy about being home, I’m also happy to announce that I will be returning back to the world! (I’m surprised I waited this long to go back but really the only thing holding me back was finding someone to go with)

So this story starts when they announced the 24 hour event. I knew I wanted to go, but that hasn’t changed the way I felt since I got home. So I asked Kiss if he would go with me but in my head I sort of figured it wouldn’t work out or he wouldn’t want to go. A couple weeks later HE was asking me if we could go, and at this point if anyone asked if I wanted to go on a spur of the moment Disney trip I would say yes. So I started looking into it more, my first thought was we would go strictly for the 24 hour event, arrive the day before (Thursday) leave the night the event ends (Saturday). After looking more into it we found it cheaper to go longer, thanks to Southwest points, an awesome CM for a room discount, and to Alish for some park passes she had, the price of this short trip was under the cost of what I was going to pay for the flights for going 2 nights. How could you say no to that?!
After booking the trip my mood literally soared. No one understands how much I need this trip and from May 20- May 24 I get to go back home.

We’re only going to Magic Kingdom for the 24 hour event, the rest of the trip is “exploring” the resort outside of the parks. Which won’t be bad at all because I already have a list of things I need to do on this trip.

The growing list:
- trader sam’s
- fort wilderness: campfire sing a long
- DTD because of obvious reasons
- lay in the hub grass
- ponder my life up in the train station overlooking main street with some starbs
- try to find someone to buy me a school bread because I’m not going to Epcot but I NEED SCHOOL BREAD
- Goat Effect
- sing along to festival of fantasy
- do every attraction in the magic kingdom
- try be our guest for breakfast (luckily I snagged a reservation)
- and pretty much eat all the disney food I can possible eat and enjoy all the disney smells and sounds that I've been missing

YAY, awesome you are going back. Please be sure to post a report!

So sad it is over but I sure enjoyed it! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, I sure wish I gad known about the DCP! Can't wait yo read about your next adventure! :flower3:

So glad to get an update! It sounds like life is going well! Happy you get to go "home" again soon!! I was browsing You Tube videos not too long ago and came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oscCvTLhLco

I hope you will write about your May trip and post a link here!

So happy for you that you are going back. I look forward to reading along on your next trip report.

So happy for you that you are going back. I look forward to reading along on your next trip report.

So happy to hear from you again...and you are going back to your Happy Place again, even if it is only for a visit. How wonderful for you. Please do a trip report for those of us left behind that weekend. Is Alicia still going to Japan? When does she leave? Do you get to go visit her? Please drop by now and then and give us updates.

I finally finished!! I've been reading at work for the last week. I've not been very productive!! I love reading your report and the awesome time you had!

Thx for the update! I read that Tumblr post -- although I've never done the DCP as a Disney fanatic/freak I could relate to a lot of it. I'm still gonna try to convince DD11 to apply when she's eligible despite your "warning" ;)

It makes me so happy to hear that you are going back to Disney...hope we get a trip report. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter