• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Got this email from David's. Can you help me navigate?

When David’s didn’t want to pay me the final 30% before the resorts closed for the first time, I realized that there was nothing I could realistically do about it. With David in Canada, how do you make them follow thru on their contract and actually make them pay? It isn’t like I am flying to canada to take them to small claims court. After that realization, I cut all ties with David’s.
I love how he’s all about contracts until it doesn’t benefit him. He basically stole from you. That is not okay.

They sent a request to rent points - usual one where it states it was sent to several owners - I had a personal emergency going on and didn’t see request for a day so when I did I declined the request - I was assaulted with emails as to why I declined I stated personal emergency and I didn’t have time right now to deal with this - not good enough - sent same exact request again - this time a manager contacted me when I declined - I stated if it is a request and you are asking and giving the option to take it or not - then accept my answer
If that was not good enough keep my 30% and we are done - I said more but that is the basic theme - they ignored that and we are on a break
These re rent points are from March and they are just now talking to me again after dropping off the planet - I really could care less I’m so done with then

They sent a request to rent points - usual one where it states it was sent to several owners - I had a personal emergency going on and didn’t see request for a day so when I did I declined the request - I was assaulted with emails as to why I declined I stated personal emergency and I didn’t have time right now to deal with this - not good enough - sent same exact request again - this time a manager contacted me when I declined - I stated if it is a request and you are asking and giving the option to take it or not - then accept my answer
If that was not good enough keep my 30% and we are done - I said more but that is the basic theme - they ignored that and we are on a break
These re rent points are from March and they are just now talking to me again after dropping off the planet - I really could care less I’m so done with then
Hope your PE has been taken care of and things are as well as they can be. Hugs

Thank you yes things are better now !! I’m still taking break as I’m very busy at work for audit this month so they can just wait not like I’m seeing any money anyway haa haa haa my points are 2021 so they aren’t going anywhere
And as I stated before they know what points you have and when they are because they quoted them to me like I didn’t know

And as I stated before they know what points you have and when they are because they quoted them to me like I didn’t know

Rhetorical question: So why did David's, when asking about re-renting, ask owners to recite that in writing what points they have and when those expire? There was a vigorous discussion of their request when DVC announced the extensions and David's circled back looking for extended points that had been tied to a canceled reservation.

I suspect it was in part of reminding owners that David's was still in the game, but also just a mind game.

Understood. Last I had been reading it was not looking like he was doing much that benefited anyone other than himself. That is the reason for my response. Things may have changed and I need to do my own research as well. Just checking to see if anyone else had gotten this email or accepted the terms to see how it goes.

i got the same for my AKL Reservation next month Today. It seems odd that I was and will be paid but I cannot modify the reservation Unless for their use.

I have not followed every thread and post on this topic, but let me put on the hat from David's perspective for a second.

I think the moves he is trying to implement in reaction to all this mess is to salvage the business the best they can and to minimize their losses and risk of future losses. David's business I assume has been doing great up until this pandemic. Up until this mess, both owners and renters I think have been generally very pleased with the service provided - I know I have always been happy in the past when I used his service.

So I ask, what reason does he have to screw all that up and potentially lose a business that has taken years to build and gained quite a bit of credibility. Again, I am assuming good here, and believe that he is trying to "fix" the situation between (i) paying owners everything contractually agreed upon and (ii) ensuring collections from renters in an amount equal to or greater than what he contractually owes the owners - all in an environment where many renters are seeking to cancel and or default on rental commitments. Then you layer on the complexity of trying to satisfy both owners and renters through re-rentals and vouchers and extra $2 per point, etc, etc, and it has the makings of confusing and alienating a lot of people and also causing both owners and renters to think that David is screwing them - again, something I cannot conclude given the business that was built.

Unfortunately, this is one of those rare, lose/lose/lose situations. I don't think David's business was at all equipped to handle what is happening and the "fixes" seem to not be effective, but based on what I see, there has been an attempt to try to solve the issue for owners, renters and yes, David's business risk. Maybe I am naive, but I am just trying to think of this from a logical business/financial perspective - the thing I don't account for is greed, fraud, lack of compassion, etc, which in my opinion, is not the situation we have.

I feel bad for everyone involved. It certainly as not been the happiest situation in the world and not an easy one to fix without proper planning.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter