• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

The guy on the phone said they haven't been given any information as of this morning so that typically means it won't go out that day because they get a heads up. But I suppose they could tell them later this morning for an afternoon announcement. I wish I'd get the emails I get everything but these preview emails.
Just so you do realize you shouldn't believe what he told you at all. You could call another person right now and get a 100% different answer. It is totally pointless to call and ask them anything about something that isn't announced. You will not get a straight answer. You may get best guess or may even get a totally made up, pulled out of a hat answer. But the odds of getting the right answer are miniscule.

Just so you do realize you shouldn't believe what he told you at all. You could call another person right now and get a 100% different answer. It is totally pointless to call and ask them anything about something that isn't announced. You will not get a straight answer. You may get best guess or may even get a totally made up, pulled out of a hat answer. But the odds of getting the right answer are miniscule.
Oh I know. I’m keeping an eye out to see if anyone mentions it going live. He did seem genuine with his answer, but it’s also possible he just didn’t know

Oh I know. I’m keeping an eye out to see if anyone mentions it going live. He did seem genuine with his answer, but it’s also possible he just didn’t know
They are so very good at making their answers sound certain. I think they teach them how to tell the caller what the caller wants to hear. I wish they put as much effort in to giving them good info instead.

They are so very good at making their answers sound certain. I think they teach them how to tell the caller what the caller wants to hear. I wish they put as much effort in to giving them good info instead.
That would be nice too lol

Yeah, I wouldn’t bank on the DVC preview. Remy was a (really awesome sounding) paid event before park open that included a panel and breakfast, but it was super limited and only two mornings. It sold out instantly. I clicked the registration link the second it went live, and it immediately grayed out with the sold out message. I think they had a similar event at Disneyland with the revamped Jungle Cruise, so I’m expecting the D23 preview for this will be the same. It sounds like a great opportunity if you have the lucky wifi that gets through before everyone else, but I would still go for the AP/DVC preview instead of or in addition to D23 if you’re eligible.

Yeah, I wouldn’t bank on the DVC preview. Remy was a (really awesome sounding) paid event before park open that included a panel and breakfast, but it was super limited and only two mornings. It sold out instantly. I clicked the registration link the second it went live, and it immediately grayed out with the sold out message. I think they had a similar event at Disneyland with the revamped Jungle Cruise, so I’m expecting the D23 preview for this will be the same. It sounds like a great opportunity if you have the lucky wifi that gets through before everyone else, but I would still go for the AP/DVC preview instead of or in addition to D23 if you’re eligible.
Same, I missed getting the AP dates I needed and joined D23 to try and get a Remy preview, I clicked right away and nothing. Oh well

I think someone else asked earlier but I don’t know if anyone answered yet. What happens if you get a reservation but then can’t make it? Ideally they’d release the spot to go to someone else, but I don’t even know if people keep checking once it’s initially sold out.

I ask because I’m the wimpiest of ride wimps, so I think this is going to be too intense for me. But they are still billing it as family friendly, and nothing released has really clarified if the intensity comes from speed (which I can handle), big drops (yikes), or both. I’m hoping there are enough previews before mine if I’m able to get one that I can read reviews and figure it out, but I also don’t want to steal a spot from someone else who’s dying to ride and I don’t want any kind of penalty.

I already know I’m out on Tron, but I’m holding on to a sliver of hope that this will be in my range. Although the pics of the queue look awesome, so I guess I could always go through just the galaxarium and then chicken out before the rest of my party boards. 😂

I think someone else asked earlier but I don’t know if anyone answered yet. What happens if you get a reservation but then can’t make it? Ideally they’d release the spot to go to someone else, but I don’t even know if people keep checking once it’s initially sold out.

I ask because I’m the wimpiest of ride wimps, so I think this is going to be too intense for me. But they are still billing it as family friendly, and nothing released has really clarified if the intensity comes from speed (which I can handle), big drops (yikes), or both. I’m hoping there are enough previews before mine if I’m able to get one that I can read reviews and figure it out, but I also don’t want to steal a spot from someone else who’s dying to ride and I don’t want any kind of penalty.

I already know I’m out on Tron, but I’m holding on to a sliver of hope that this will be in my range. Although the pics of the queue look awesome, so I guess I could always go through just the galaxarium and then chicken out before the rest of my party boards. 😂
I don’t think they release it back into the pool, but could be wrong.

In the past, I don't think there's been any sort of penalty. Unfortunately, I don't think they release the spot, either.

And I am so curious about the "family" part, too! I wish I had a better idea of where this ride will fall in relation to the other thrill rides at Disney World.

There are some videos Disney has shared that show the ride vehicle going through the track. I'd take a look and see if it looks like something you'd be ok with.

When I log into MDE using the link in the first post, and it shows my name on the right-hand side, does that mean I'm eligible to attend the preview?

I have a Pixie Dust AP but won't be able to verify my residency at Guest Services for another 2 weeks.

In the past, I don't think there's been any sort of penalty. Unfortunately, I don't think they release the spot, either.

And I am so curious about the "family" part, too! I wish I had a better idea of where this ride will fall in relation to the other thrill rides at Disney World.
Well, RnR has a height requirement of 48" while this will be only 42", so I guess less intense? Or maybe different restraints! Anyway, a rollercoaster inside a building that takes off backwards and can spin 360 - I'm going to ride, but that might be my one and only!

I always assumed the number of preview slots were inflated to account for no shows.

No penalty for being a no show but no release of unused or cancelled spots either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter