• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GotG Cosmic Rewind AP previews

i was just thinking of that. i used to refresh while driving to work and of course it dropped one day while i was on my way, had to pull over lol
I didn’t now which one it was but I had to do that for one of them too. I got the email alert while driving. To lunch I think. Pulled over, booked our spots

Remy was released on a Friday (9am ET).
Galaxy's Edge was released on a Thursday (11am ET).
Pandora/Avatar was released on a Friday (10am ET).

I doubt there's any real rhyme or reason to it.

I was at Disney when Galaxy Edge opened. It was a day DS needed to sleep in so I just was on my computer. Around 9-9:30 a back door link opened and I immediately booked mine. The email with the normal link opened at 11 and I know lots of us already had our times, good thing because my email came later in the day.

Lots of EPCOT dates in May unavailable for AP holders.
I saw that as well. I wonder if they just don't want AP folks there standing around hoping that there might be some soft open times or they will be lax on the reserve system if they didn't get a time. This way they avoid all that.

Last edited:

Is there a date for the AP/DVC previews? We will be there May 12-18. I did receive the email but it did not have a date for the preview.

I’m good with a different link for each event. I think they should do that actually. Though really, I think those who even are aware it’s the same each time and look in advance is a small number
A relatively few number of AP holders can generate a lot of refreshes.

Same! First come first serve, everyone has a fair shot haha
The parks system went from first come system to lottery for the fireflies in the smokies. We always got a spot when it was first come. We’ve both entered the lottery since they switched and not gotten selected a single time. It’s been like 5 years and not once. It sucks! I’m fast but I’m not lucky

My tummy is rolling with stress. I have a trip planned for next month, and only one Park day booked so far. I am planning on booking a trip to Amazing Animals, but need to see if I have a shot at this before I book, just to know timing. It's a Mom/Son trip with one of my big kids (21, but trip is the week before his birthday), and I'm an out of state passholder, but he is not. Fingers crossed!

I was at Disney when Galaxy Edge opened. It was a day DS needed to sleep in so I just was on my computer. Around 9-9:30 a back door link opened and I immediately booked mine. The email with the normal link opened at 11 and I know lots of us already had our times, good thing because my email came later in the day.

I saw that as well. I wonder if they just don't AP folks there standing around hoping that there might be some soft open times or they will be lax on the reserve system. This way they avoid all that.
What’s a back door link? Is that mean you clicked on the link before it technically went live or different link completely

Even though it’s the actual link they’ll release, using it before the notices go out is essentially using it as a backdoor
Sounds so fancy lol. I’m clearly not tech savvy.

I’m really hoping the dates line up with my trip. Going for my birthday and bringing my baby for the first time into the parks (she won’t be riding obviously lol)

Honestly I think it’s a pretty poor experience to make it so competitive. I feel like there should be enough spots available for most APs to ride it and just have it as a perk that happens before attraction openings.
I completely agree with this. They should have enough spots for every single AP

Honestly I think it’s a pretty poor experience to make it so competitive. I feel like there should be enough spots available for most APs to ride it and just have it as a perk that happens before attraction openings.
When Iron Gwazi opened at Busch Gardens, they had AP previews and all you had to do was show up. No reservation of any kind needed. They also timed it out across a month by having the highest tier passholders come first then slowly let the other tiers in. Maybe Disney should try this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter